Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006257 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #7275 on: May 30, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
Airport going out for bid to other private investors

The Big Train

« Reply #7276 on: May 30, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »
Time to start up the airport talk again :Yuck:

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: May 30, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »

A positive step in the right direction. Now the next step should be that the selection process is given to an independent commission or committee and taken out of the hands of elected politicians. This topic and project have become way too politicized amongst the city council (particularly for those with aspirations to run for mayor) for something this important and integral to KC's future.
untuck manhattan

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: May 30, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »

But all the anti-airport idiots told us bmd was a done deal and the city had already been fleeced  :confused:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: May 30, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »

A positive step in the right direction. Now the next step should be that the selection process is given to an independent commission or committee and taken out of the hands of elected politicians. This topic and project have become way too politicized amongst the city council (particularly for those with aspirations to run for mayor) for something this important and integral to KC's future.
Maybe a bit extreme. Bids will be public so let the council make the decision and let's move the eff on with this.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: May 30, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
it took me like, 30 minutes to figure out how to leave the MSP airport a couple weeks ago. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: May 30, 2017, 05:03:17 PM »

Maybe a bit extreme. Bids will be public so let the council make the decision and let's move the eff on with this.

Ah yes... The council (and mayor) have handled this well up to this point let's just keep letting them stumble over them feet. SMH

Money (i.e. campaign contributions and support) have clouded and influenced this process way too much as it is. Selection should be independent of the politicians in this instance particularly.
untuck manhattan

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: May 30, 2017, 05:09:50 PM »
it took me like, 30 minutes to figure out how to leave the MSP airport a couple weeks ago. 

I felt like I should already be downtown for how far it seemed like I walked to get on their light rail.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: May 30, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »

Ah yes... The council (and mayor) have handled this well up to this point let's just keep letting them stumble over them feet. SMH

Money (i.e. campaign contributions and support) have clouded and influenced this process way too much as it is. Selection should be independent of the politicians in this instance particularly.
:runaway:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:43 PM »
If the kc city Council and mayor can be bought for 5 grand collectively every 5 years, surely gE can buy the mhk version for like $300 and get this damn lazy river built

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Kansas City things
« Reply #7285 on: May 30, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
How much to get the rocking chairs like other airports have?  I use those all the time.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: May 30, 2017, 07:46:01 PM »
How much to get the rocking chairs like other airports have?  I use those all the time.

Wrong side of Mason Dixon

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: May 31, 2017, 02:30:39 AM »
Umpires used to sit them as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: May 31, 2017, 05:09:45 AM »

Wrong side of Mason Dixon

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: May 31, 2017, 05:38:03 AM »
If the kc city Council and mayor can be bought for 5 grand collectively every 5 years, surely gE can buy the mhk version for like $300 and get this damn lazy river built

I think you're overestimating both what it takes to buy small town politicians and this site's ability to do anything.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: May 31, 2017, 07:41:57 AM »

I think you're overestimating both what it takes to buy small town politicians and this site's ability to do anything.

by small town, are you referring to kcmo?  because i'd agree that slying james can be had for much less than $5k

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: May 31, 2017, 08:03:34 AM »

by small town, are you referring to kcmo?  because i'd agree that slying james can be had for much less than $5k

Yes.  I've heard even some US reps can be had cheap.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »
Embarrassing how awesome Denver's transit is now. They have a train straight from Colby KS airport to downtown in like 30 mins

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: May 31, 2017, 06:16:16 PM »
What?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: May 31, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »
Embarrassing how awesome Denver's transit is now. They have a train straight from Colby KS airport to downtown in like 30 mins

It's very good.  They needed light rail badly, 30 years ago, even before the airport moved from downtown.  Let's see how KC is in 30 years.  I bet we some then!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: May 31, 2017, 06:30:01 PM »
The crosswalk guys make me giggle tho

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: May 31, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »

It's very good.  They needed light rail badly, 30 years ago, even before the airport moved from downtown.  Let's see how KC is in 30 years.  I bet we some then!

very doubtful.
if slying james and his cronies have anything to do with the future of KCMO, the city will be bankrupt and the council and mayor's offices disbanded by the federal government who will be making all major decisions.
the dumbasses are dead set on keeping KCMO living in the stone age, as are guys like slying titola and belvis shulte and sly sly sly sly sly sly sly.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: May 31, 2017, 06:33:41 PM »
The crosswalk guys make me giggle tho

Yeah pretty hilar-ballz that they haven't figured that out yet

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: May 31, 2017, 08:08:08 PM »

very doubtful.
if slying james and his cronies have anything to do with the future of KCMO, the city will be bankrupt and the council and mayor's offices disbanded by the federal government who will be making all major decisions.
the dumbasses are dead set on keeping KCMO living in the stone age, as are guys like slying titola and belvis shulte and sly sly sly sly sly sly sly.

Okay Coffey clams.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: June 05, 2017, 12:08:37 PM »
Delta is expanding their service in Boston; will have nonstop from MCI starting in September.