Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007224 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6675 on: April 12, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »
if the westport row is given away, the area's economics will dictate how the business association treats it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: April 12, 2017, 06:46:53 PM »
I can't even remember the last time I drove thru that intersection. It's a clusterfuck

if you are heading south from downtown on I-35 / SW trafficway, the only place you can turn left before the plaza is Mill St, and approximately 100% of people turning left continue through westport. it's the only connection to Broadway/Main street. there is absolutely no way it will be closed any more than it already is (late at night on the weekends, or during art shows/concerts/whatever)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: April 12, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »
actually a lot of people do their grocery shopping at that sun fresh and stop there.  anyone that continues into westport deserves what they get

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: April 12, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
I think giving the street away is a bit too far, but I'm totally for it being a pedestrian only area. I can't even remember the last time I drove thru that intersection. It's a clusterfuck

I'd be okay with that. I don't like their constant controlling access and charging a cover. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: April 12, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »
I can't even remember the last time I drove thru that intersection. It's a clusterfuck

if you are heading south from downtown on I-35 / SW trafficway, the only place you can turn left before the plaza is Mill St, and approximately 100% of people turning left continue through westport. it's the only connection to Broadway/Main street. there is absolutely no way it will be closed any more than it already is (late at night on the weekends, or during art shows/concerts/whatever)

Not a fan of taking the side street by Missie B's to go left on 39th?

No I'm not a fan of that

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: April 12, 2017, 10:37:18 PM »

At this point if the agreement is signed as stated in the MOU, there is no protections for the city of this.  There is no reason to allow westport businesses to just be given the ROW of these streets...none.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: April 12, 2017, 10:44:34 PM »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: April 12, 2017, 11:02:07 PM »

At this point if the agreement is signed as stated in the MOU, there is no protections for the city of this.  There is no reason to allow westport businesses to just be given the ROW of these streets...none.

They could still eminent domain it, but it would still be hard to reverse, and would cost more than it would be worth. IMO, that whole intersection anyways has been improving ever since they made it, and Mill st. 4 way stops. Also, I believe you can turn left on 43rd st when SW trafficway basically ends and bellleview begins, you just can't turn at all times, so yeah, not the best. They could actually make it to where you can actually take a damn left at 39th like a normal person, but that makes too much sense.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: April 13, 2017, 08:11:04 AM »
What does vacate the intersection even mean?

this gives an overview of the "agreement"...basically the city doesn't control from 40th Street south Penn to archibald and on westport from Mill St to Broadway.  They can block off and charge a cover to the area (control all access to streets and sidewalks) as described in the list of events and whenever they want providing a week of notice to the city.

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Documents/ViewAttachment.aspx?q=74yEKITkrbH2%2fhlYiEB%2bg5OG8tryyHTwTt4k9Xji5nDYdSmySIQ8ZK3vpG5lc4RB9%2bremW8csMuJs63G0b45jQ%3d%3d

Exhibit C lists the specific dates and events they want control of access.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: April 13, 2017, 08:24:40 AM »
http://www.pitch.com/music/news/article/20857908/tank-room-closing-making-way-for-expanded-green-lady-lounge

I do love the Green Lady. Hopefully the expansion works out for them.

Tank Room owner Dustin Racen is opening a large bar and kitchen in the Ozarks.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: April 13, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »

this gives an overview of the "agreement"...basically the city doesn't control from 40th Street south Penn to archibald and on westport from Mill St to Broadway.  They can block off and charge a cover to the area (control all access to streets and sidewalks) as described in the list of events and whenever they want providing a week of notice to the city.

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Documents/ViewAttachment.aspx?q=74yEKITkrbH2%2fhlYiEB%2bg5OG8tryyHTwTt4k9Xji5nDYdSmySIQ8ZK3vpG5lc4RB9%2bremW8csMuJs63G0b45jQ%3d%3d

Oh that's weird, looks exactly the same

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: April 13, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »

They could still eminent domain it, but it would still be hard to reverse, and would cost more than it would be worth. IMO, that whole intersection anyways has been improving ever since they made it, and Mill st. 4 way stops. Also, I believe you can turn left on 43rd st when SW trafficway basically ends and bellleview begins, you just can't turn at all times, so yeah, not the best. They could actually make it to where you can actually take a damn left at 39th like a normal person, but that makes too much sense.

allowing southbound sw trafficway traffic to take a left on 39th street would be hilarious :lol:  thanks for the laughs, dave chappelle

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: April 13, 2017, 09:10:58 AM »

allowing southbound sw trafficway traffic to take a left on 39th street would be hilarious :lol:  thanks for the laughs, dave chappelle

yeah i thought so too  :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: April 13, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »
Summit St
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6690 on: April 13, 2017, 09:22:07 AM »

Oh that's weird, looks exactly the same

The MOU states they can also close the road whenever they want with notice. Even if it's just the same, explain why it's smart for the city to give this away to a private entity? It's a city asset being given away without any benefit to the city.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: April 13, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
itt:

phil:  i never go there, but still  :runaway:

clams:   live in a toilet, get treated like crap :No pity:

cfbandyman:  what if i told you that you could turn left on 39th st?

Abe: no no it's super easy you just turn right on 38th st, turn left on that little side street by missy B's, wait for the light to turn green, turn left on 39th in between the two stop lights, wait for 2nd light to turn green and your home free. simple  :jeffy:

mocat:  :zzz:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: April 13, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
There is some passion about this intersection vacation!!!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: April 13, 2017, 09:37:07 AM »
itt:

phil:  i never go there, but still  :runaway:

clams:   live in a toilet, get treated like crap :No pity:

cfbandyman:  what if i told you that you could turn left on 39th st?

Abe: no no it's super easy you just turn right on 38th st, turn left on that little side street by missy B's, wait for the light to turn green, turn left on 39th in between the two stop lights, wait for 2nd light to turn green and your home free. simple  :jeffy:

mocat:  :zzz:

:blindfold: is from bad public police not from the neighborhood involved. Help me see the other side MO

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: April 13, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »
Summit St

hilaro too.  39th backs up too far to turn left to head east there unless it's off traffic time and if that's the case just turn left off of SW tfwy

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: April 13, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
looks like I'm smack dab in the middle of 39th st comedy hour  :bwpopcorn:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: April 13, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »
That's fine, all on me  :D

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: April 13, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
Summit St

hilaro too.  39th backs up too far to turn left to head east there unless it's off traffic time and if that's the case just turn left off of SW tfwy

Sorry, this was a joke to annoy mocat

My solution to this turning left pickle is get off on rough ridin' Broadway instead of sw tfwy you rough ridin' morons

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: April 13, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »
Summit St

When I used to drive from plaza to north everyday I loved sw tfwy being no turns but for the neighborhood sake and pedestrian accessibility....That road needs to slow down and turns being allowed would help accomplish that.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:06 AM »
Summit St

When I used to drive from plaza to north everyday I loved sw tfwy being no turns but for the neighborhood sake and pedestrian accessibility....That road needs to slow down and turns being allowed would help accomplish that.

Yeah, if only there was a street 2 blocks over that accomplishes this. Sw tfwy has a purpose and it does it very well