Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006455 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6200 on: December 23, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »
Define 'a long time ago'

Depends on the gate but when they started consolidating security....Some are 500+ feet away from the curb going through security....100 feet from road to gate isn't a great thing anyways as anybody trying to find a seat in those cramped security holds will tell you.

The Big Train

« Reply #6201 on: December 23, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
Define 'a long time ago'

Depends on the gate but when they started consolidating security....Some are 500+ feet away from the curb going through security....100 feet from road to gate isn't a great thing anyways as anybody trying to find a seat in those cramped security holds will tell you.

I think you're taking this a little to literal.  I was talking about from going through the metal detectors to your gate.  Compare that with any other airport anywhere that does international. 

I agree the spaces are tiny but there is very little that can happen in such a small area to make it horrible. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: December 23, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
i remember being a little feller and getting to go to the airport when my dad was travelling or whatever. you got to go all the way up to the windows and watch the planes. mci was really amazing before GOT DAMN 9 11

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: December 23, 2016, 10:10:59 AM »
Denver airport is horrible because it's located in colby ks
it's a weird thing to be 30 miles from denver and have a descending jet fly over you in the opposite direction of downtown.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: December 23, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »

:sdeek:

mocat I think we need to tell you something...

what's that m8?

The Big Train

« Reply #6205 on: December 23, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »

what's that m8?

The airport in Denver is not actually in Colby, KS.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: December 23, 2016, 10:13:57 AM »
When I was a kid, the limited amount of stuff in there was still relatively interesting and I liked how the hallways were curved because there was always the possibility that something especially interesting would be just ahead and out of sight.  Exceptional experiences included meeting macho man randy savage and the "Cheers" bar that I think had chuck e cheese-style animatronic norm and cliff.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: December 23, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »

what's that m8?

The airport in Denver is not actually in Colby, KS.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: December 23, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
Define 'a long time ago'

I think you're taking this a little to literal.  I was talking about from going through the metal detectors to your gate.  Compare that with any other airport anywhere that does international. 

I agree the spaces are tiny but there is very little that can happen in such a small area to make it horrible.

It is definitely a shorter walk than most airports. My argument is that doesn't make for a convenient airport when you factor in the entire airport experience.

The Big Train

« Reply #6209 on: December 23, 2016, 10:27:15 AM »
Define 'a long time ago'

It is definitely a shorter walk than most airports. My argument is that doesn't make for a convenient airport when you factor in the entire airport experience.

Are you making an argument for the 2% of people that use MCI as a hub?  What's the purpose of an airport?  To get them from one place to another. 

We don't need giant spaces with tons of stuff in KC.  There's a reason the hub airports have so much extra crap.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: December 23, 2016, 10:29:24 AM »
Downsize it to something more like super-convenient MHK.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: December 23, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »
Define 'a long time ago'

Are you making an argument for the 2% of people that use MCI as a hub?  What's the purpose of an airport?  To get them from one place to another. 

We don't need giant spaces with tons of stuff in KC.  There's a reason the hub airports have so much extra crap.

No I'm not...I'm talking inconvenient for us ...Btw 5% connect here...Used to be 18% which meant more directs for us KC people but ehhh, who needs that kind of convenience right, look how close the plane is to where I got dropped off!

Nobody is talking giant hub spaces in the new terminal btw....

The Big Train

« Reply #6212 on: December 23, 2016, 10:40:01 AM »
Define 'a long time ago'

No I'm not...I'm talking inconvenient for us ...Btw 5% connect here...Used to be 18% which meant more directs for us KC people but ehhh, who needs that kind of convenience right, look how close the plane is to where I got dropped off!

Nobody is talking giant hub spaces in the new terminal btw....

:lol:

I'm sure those 5% are really bitching about our inconvenient airport.  I would assume they dropped more of those connecting flights because of the traffic.  What incentive do the airlines have if the planes are half full?   

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: December 23, 2016, 10:41:39 AM »
Not doing airport talk today...Cheers TBT. Happy Christmas holidays .

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: December 23, 2016, 10:44:48 AM »
the "Cheers" bar that I think had chuck e cheese-style animatronic norm and cliff.

I had to check if that memory was correct.  It was norm and cliff adjace, and real norm and cliff shut it down.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-11-16/features/9204130961_1_robots-bar-television-series-cheers

http://variety.com/1993/tv/news/no-cheers-for-animated-norm-cliff-at-host-bars-103162/

The Big Train

« Reply #6215 on: December 23, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »

:cheers:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: December 23, 2016, 10:58:38 AM »
TY! This thread is aids because of airport talk.  :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: December 23, 2016, 11:00:06 AM »
you guys, i have to fly southwest next week  :Ugh:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: December 23, 2016, 11:00:21 AM »
Most of airport talk is just to #fanningbrag about how much you travel, how important you are for your job, how many airports you've seen, etc. Yank yank.  :jerk:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: December 23, 2016, 11:01:19 AM »
100% chance i will be in between two enormous mouth breathing trumpers

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: December 23, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »
Guys did you read the city auditor report on the city bike master plan? ???Scathing! Well deserved as public works has been blowing off the bike (and pedestrian) community too damn long.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: December 23, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »
Mocat has never been a class on sw what a loser lmao
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: December 23, 2016, 12:22:12 PM »
Gonna start calling him mocct cause ain't no a's with that guy rofl
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: December 23, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
You fly southwest like a hundred times until you get status and then you can totally take your pick of the seats, it's awesome, gmafb

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: December 23, 2016, 05:08:56 PM »
SWA status is the shittiest of the status