Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007256 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6075 on: December 13, 2016, 06:32:39 AM »
MCI this morning:

Peggy po: 10 mins before boarding, not one single person in front of me in pre check line

Nancy neg: 737 was parked in termy C overnight because there was no room in B, so they are having to tow it over and it's going to make the flight late

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: December 13, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
Love airport to this day has been the best experience I've ever received with checking in. Especially for being hungover on a Sunday. It took us like 5 minutes to get in.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: December 13, 2016, 10:46:20 AM »
Took me less time at Midway last week than it ever has to get through kci precheck...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: December 13, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
I've never waited more than 3 or 4 minutes at midway's security.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: December 13, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »
Took me less time at Midway last week than it ever has to get through kci precheck...
you seem to have the worst luck when traveling, it must suck

the good news is that not everyone has such shitty luck.  i haven't waited more than 2 minutes to get past mci precheck since the program started #blessed

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: December 13, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »
The two times I've used precheck at mci the regular line was twice as fast. Both times out of towners behind me complained about how terrible this airport is  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: December 13, 2016, 11:33:44 AM »
both times!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:02 AM »
The last time I was at mci tho I didn't get precheck added since I was with a work group and the regular line was 3x slower than precheck so I'm just bad luck brian. This old man held up the body scanner line for 10 minutes because he didn't understand what was going on and instead of just moving him to the side they decided to stop the whole rough ridin' line since there is only one scanner.

A1 boarding tho  :gocho:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: December 13, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
The delta pre check line at mci is bitb

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: December 13, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
No old clueless men to be found

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: December 13, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »
The delta pre check line at mci is bitb

yes. uber to gate in <3 minutes on monday morning.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: December 13, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
I told you, CF3! Fortunately he took my shoes and didn't shoot me in the face.

https://twitter.com/GRicekcstar/status/808761397953855489

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: December 13, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
Oh man, comment section.  :horrorsurprise:

Frank Rizzo
Given what the city and police have decided to allow along Prospect, everyone in Brookside and Waldo should seriously considering arming themselves for protection.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: December 13, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
Saw on the fb group that a house near me earlier last week had its door kicked in at noon and robbed the place and let the dogs out to roam the neighborhood  :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: December 13, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: December 13, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »

the good news is that not everyone has such shitty luck.  i haven't waited more than 2 minutes to get past mci precheck since the program started #blessed

I didn't say I've waited a long time at kci precheck. The townie mentality that only KCI security is fast is dumb dumb. In fact it can be worse as pointed out by two time lib.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: December 13, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »
it's not that mci's security is necessarily faster, it's that time from dropoff to sitting down at your gate is faster.

midway is fast enough at getting you through security.  thing is it can be a 5-10 minute walk once you're through security.  that's not including the time it takes to get from the train to the security checkpoint, which is about another 5 minutes.

let me put it this way, if you're running late getting to the airport trying to catch a flight, you're in much better shape if the airport is MCI than if it's MDW.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: December 13, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »
A new terminal may add 5 minutes to your walk after security. That would be to the furthest gate. They don't want to build some sprawling monstrosity

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: December 13, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
it's not that mci's security is necessarily faster, it's that time from dropoff to sitting down at your gate is faster.

midway is fast enough at getting you through security.  thing is it can be a 5-10 minute walk once you're through security.  that's not including the time it takes to get from the train to the security checkpoint, which is about another 5 minutes.

let me put it this way, if you're running late getting to the airport trying to catch a flight, you're in much better shape if the airport is MCI than if it's MDW.

Not necessarily. Also a new termy wouldn't add significant walking time....like lib said we aren't looking to build a sprawling mess.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: December 13, 2016, 02:49:17 PM »
not necessarily what?  on average, you get to your gate faster at MCI.  disputing that makes you sound crazy to me, as guy who's flown out of each airport probably 20 times over the last two years.

and i'm not commenting on what a new termy at MCI would or wouldn't do, just chiming in on the MDW comparison you brought up.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: December 13, 2016, 04:48:30 PM »

I didn't say I've waited a long time at kci precheck. The townie mentality that only KCI security is fast is dumb dumb. In fact it can be worse as pointed out by two time lib.

you said you made it through precheck @ mdw quicker than you ever have at mci.  neither has long security lines, however, i've literally waited zero minutes and zero seconds to get to the xray machine at mci many times.   on average, the wait is less than 2-3 minutes (for me).  if you're waiting longer than that on average, i consider you unlucky.

regardless, only a true anti-kc person would compare mdw to mci

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: December 13, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »

you said you made it through precheck @ mdw quicker than you ever have at mci.  neither has long security lines, however, i've literally waited zero minutes and zero seconds to get to the xray machine at mci many times.   on average, the wait is less than 2-3 minutes (for me).  if you're waiting longer than that on average, i consider you unlucky.

regardless, only a true anti-kc person would compare mdw to mci

this was my only point.  the non-flying KCI lovers think KCI is the only airport that can do quick security....and they ignore the dozens of other inconveniences. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: December 13, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »
not necessarily what?  on average, you get to your gate faster at MCI.  disputing that makes you sound crazy to me, as guy who's flown out of each airport probably 20 times over the last two years.

and i'm not commenting on what a new termy at MCI would or wouldn't do, just chiming in on the MDW comparison you brought up.

Yes on average you can get to your gate faster from being dropped off at the curb.  Funny thing is KCI is slowly but surely expanding that distance from dropoff to gate as they centralize checkpoints. 

Wasn't meaning to compare airport to airport, just pointing out that a fast security line isn't unique to KCI. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: December 13, 2016, 06:41:15 PM »
sad to hear that kc is punishing their anti-new terminal population by allowing the airlines to centralize checkpoints

even still, i fly through the lines and never have to walk far to find my checkpoint.  but, very sad that they're crying their delicious tears all over the place.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: December 13, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
The arguments for a new airport are weird to me