Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007225 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6000 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:11 AM »
i stopped using the parking spot. uber right to the gate, baby.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »
i stopped using the parking spot. uber right to the gate, baby.

Only way to go....tried all the parking options, they all suck

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:58 AM »
I saw some click bate thing listing KCI as one of the 10 worst airports. I guess not everyone can get new digs like stud #WichitaThings

If you live in KC and travel weekly, like me, it's the best airport in the world.  Easiest in and out in the country, IMO.

Yup, I can literally show up in the economy lot 30 minutes before my flight left, chase down a bus, get into B terminal and through security like a boss right at last call with 10 minutes to spare. Name another airport of similar size you can do that in. Don't recommend doing that FWIW but still, would never happen anywhere else. Not disagreeing that the airport itself if kind of a POS, but so few people actually connect through it relative to those going in and out.

If you want to piss 'clams off properly extend the streetcar down to the plaza TIA.

Any rebuilt airport in cities our size?  Try Indy, austin, Portland on for size.  There are a whole list of shitty things about KCI that we've all learned to deal with that would be improved with a new terminal.  Not for the connecting passenger, for us the local passenger.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: November 11, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »
I saw some click bate thing listing KCI as one of the 10 worst airports. I guess not everyone can get new digs like stud #WichitaThings

If you live in KC and travel weekly, like me, it's the best airport in the world.  Easiest in and out in the country, IMO.

If you want to piss 'clams off properly extend the streetcar down to the plaza TIA. 

the last thing i want to do is give panhandlers and other up to no gooders a free ride to my door step
and, with all the available free parking on the plaza, who needs a streetcar?  smdh

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:21 AM »
Airports are probably viewed differently by locals that have to use them to fly out vs. organizations that need to fly people in.

and people that connect through n which case mci is probably awful

Yeah, but are there actually itineraries that connect thru kc?

Southwest but they are moving more of their connections to St. Louis....which means less direct flight options here...but our airport is fine.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: November 11, 2016, 10:34:18 AM »
oh man this is classic clams...full of all kinds of fun misinformation

like i said, there's nothing to address
and who cares about interest rates, it's not our money - remember?

The bill becomes higher to airlines, they are less likely to back the debt.  On top of that, nobody has ever said fees (landing, parking, etc) paid by travelers wouldn't be used as part of the funding....

and who cares about the sewer problem, we have a streetcar.

The sewer problem is already in year 5 of being fixed...someone so worried about the sewers, I figured you'd know that.

the taxes raised from the new businesses developed along the streetcar line should offset the cost of the airport and the sewer line, right?

airport can't be paid with taxes from new businesses, sewer replacement is funded by user fees so yes more development helps that funding.

oh, what's that? we TIF'd the development along the streetcar line?

sewer fees aren't part of a TIF....taxes that are TIF'd can't be used for airports.

well the new hotel we are paying for will bring in new conventions to KC and those dollars will help offset the costs.  except our cost per conventioneer are higher than other cities b/c we signed a sweetheart deal with hyatt awarding them all the banquet business and we're not competitive vs other cities? 

this is just inaccurate.  The uptick in convention business since the Hyatt announcement that depends on the Hyatt being built is one data point....exclusive caterers at convention centers is not unique.

yikes, it's quite the conundrum we find ourselves in.  smdh.

Not really...but again, you would have been a great mayor in the 80s acting like we didn't have a problem to fix...great job Berkley'clams!
[/quote]

typical titola.  brainwashed by sly.  everything you posted is false.  and i'm much  more of a funkhowser clams than a Berkley clams.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: November 11, 2016, 10:34:54 AM »
 :lol: lambert is the most disgusting pile of trash in the history of planet earth phil

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: November 11, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »
Airports are probably viewed differently by locals that have to use them to fly out vs. organizations that need to fly people in.

and people that connect through n which case mci is probably awful

Yeah, but are there actually itineraries that connect thru kc?

on southwest, yes

Southwest'rs should expect to connect through an airport like KC's.  I suppose if a better airport would lead to more airlines connecting thru KC, that would increase flight options for locals.

I suspect the real impetus is from large KC companies and corporations that are embarrassed when they have to fly people into that airport (and then have them driven in from iowa or wherever the airport actually is).

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

the last thing i want to do is give panhandlers and other up to no gooders a free ride to my door step
and, with all the available free parking on the plaza, who needs a streetcar?  smdh

you pay .5% tax on everything you buy on the plaza for that "free" parking

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »

canco.  Literally the only bad feature is the parking at term B but take a car service and problem solved

circle parking, son
use the a or c closest to your b gate.  boom, you're roasted.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: November 11, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »
:lol: lambert is the most disgusting pile of trash in the history of planet earth phil

I know...and SWA chooses to connect their passengers there instead...that's how bad KCI is.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: November 11, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »

you pay .5% tax on everything you buy on the plaza for that "free" parking

yeah i know- we've talked at length about how bad our taxes are here.  great job TIF team!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

canco.  Literally the only bad feature is the parking at term B but take a car service and problem solved

circle parking, son
use the a or c closest to your b gate.  boom, you're roasted.

yep, i always park in circle C. when you get out of your car you can feel the exhaust from the 757 in gate 58 that you're about to board

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: November 11, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
yep, i always park in circle C. when you get out of your car you can feel the exhaust from the 757 in gate 58 that you're about to board

$/night?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: November 11, 2016, 10:42:31 AM »

I know...and SWA chooses to connect their passengers there instead...that's how bad KCI is.

they're not taking anything away from kc phil

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: November 11, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »

$/night?

$16; i will say my work trips are usually super short (1 or 2 nights). if it was like all week or whatever i would use uber instead

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: November 11, 2016, 10:43:32 AM »
oh man this is classic clams...full of all kinds of fun misinformation

like i said, there's nothing to address
and who cares about interest rates, it's not our money - remember?

The bill becomes higher to airlines, they are less likely to back the debt.  On top of that, nobody has ever said fees (landing, parking, etc) paid by travelers wouldn't be used as part of the funding....

and who cares about the sewer problem, we have a streetcar.

The sewer problem is already in year 5 of being fixed...someone so worried about the sewers, I figured you'd know that.

the taxes raised from the new businesses developed along the streetcar line should offset the cost of the airport and the sewer line, right?

airport can't be paid with taxes from new businesses, sewer replacement is funded by user fees so yes more development helps that funding.

oh, what's that? we TIF'd the development along the streetcar line?

sewer fees aren't part of a TIF....taxes that are TIF'd can't be used for airports.

well the new hotel we are paying for will bring in new conventions to KC and those dollars will help offset the costs.  except our cost per conventioneer are higher than other cities b/c we signed a sweetheart deal with hyatt awarding them all the banquet business and we're not competitive vs other cities? 

this is just inaccurate.  The uptick in convention business since the Hyatt announcement that depends on the Hyatt being built is one data point....exclusive caterers at convention centers is not unique.

yikes, it's quite the conundrum we find ourselves in.  smdh.

Not really...but again, you would have been a great mayor in the 80s acting like we didn't have a problem to fix...great job Berkley'clams!

typical titola.  brainwashed by sly.  everything you posted is false.  and i'm much  more of a funkhowser clams than a Berkley clams.
[/quote]

He didn't address the sewer problem either.  He did make street plates get a permit...go Funk!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: November 11, 2016, 10:45:53 AM »

they're not taking anything away from kc phil

Only going by what they said http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article85755692.html

Southwest said that’s why it’s adding flights in St. Louis, even though it’s much cheaper to fly out of Kansas City (about $7.50 per passenger vs. $15 per passenger in St. Louis).

“Southwest purposely does not connect passengers through MCI (KCI) like we do at St. Louis,” Southwest director of airport affairs Steve Sisneros told the City Council. “We purposely throttle down MCI because the connecting experience is so bad.”

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: November 11, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
Oh you meant losing potential flights, not actual existing ones. ok

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: November 11, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »
Oh you meant losing potential flights, not actual existing ones. ok

I took throttle down to be a little of both...either way, costing us flight options.

not saying they aren't adding some flights...obv they are with austin and san Antonio just being added.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: November 11, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
Kc should build a new terminal to attract more SW connections.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: November 15, 2016, 07:18:10 PM »

your point is especially salient considering SWA hubs at midway :lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: November 15, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »

your point is especially salient considering SWA hubs at midway :lol:

it's Southwest official's point, not mine.  They connect passengers throughout their network for example:

3212 Connecting Flight
1 stop
Change Planes MCI
10h 10m

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: November 15, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »
he's full of crap and trying to sell an airport to residents of kansas city.  his own company hubs out of the worst airport in america, but i wouldn't expect you to understand any of the politics in play, just get out your credit card.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: November 15, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
Thanks for explaining 'clams...insults and no facts.  Very presidential of you!