Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006761 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #5675 on: August 04, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
In the limited time since it opened sales have been up about 15%. Whether that's due to weather/summer or the streetcar is hard to determine. Jusy my experience.

or maybe just your brewery is getting word of mouth? im sure its a combination of many things and im sure the street car has benefited your sales in some factor, im just not sure the street car is worth the $ we spent on it.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: August 04, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »
In the limited time since it opened sales have been up about 15%. Whether that's due to weather/summer or the streetcar is hard to determine. Jusy my experience.

or maybe just your brewery is getting word of mouth? im sure its a combination of many things and im sure the street car has benefited your sales in some factor, im just not sure the street car is worth the $ we spent on it.
Yeah I'm sure there are several things that factor into increased sales.

I'd say it's too early to tell if the money was truly worth it or not. But, the early returns are good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: August 04, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »
I tell everyone I know about your brewery KCFDcat. So i'm sure it's me.  :cheers:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: August 04, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »
lol wait.  the streetcar stops at 19th and main, 3 blocks from double shift.  and this is the main driver behind a 15% uptick in business?  my goodness :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: August 04, 2016, 09:22:14 AM »
What is the parking sitch' down at DoubleShift?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: August 04, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »
lol wait.  the streetcar stops at 19th and main, 3 blocks from double shift.  and this is the main driver behind a 15% uptick in business?  my goodness :lol:

well, clamsy, im sure the streetcar has increased the number of people who are going out for beers downtown so even if its 3 blocks away im sure it has SOME effect on double shift. i dont think anyone was claiming 15%.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: August 04, 2016, 09:28:39 AM »

Easy Street parking everywhere.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: August 04, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »

Which is why I think it is important to remember the entire city isn't paying for this... Downtown taxed itself.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: August 04, 2016, 09:30:43 AM »

well, clamsy, im sure the streetcar has increased the number of people who are going out for beers downtown so even if its 3 blocks away im sure it has SOME effect on double shift. i dont think anyone was claiming 15%.

no.  because why would a streetcar increase the number of people who are going out for beers downtown?
the streetcar isn't bringing people downtown.  people going out for beers downtown are already downtown or are coming downtown regardless of the streetcar. 

unless you think people are driving in from lenexa, parking near a streetcar stop, hopping onto the streetcar for a while and then getting off at 19th and main, walking three blocks, stumbling upon a brewery they never heard of called double shift, getting pak'd enough and drinking enough beers for kcfd to notice any sort of uptick in business, walking 3 blocks back to the streetcar stop, hopping back on the streetcar and taking it back around it's route until they reach the stop near where they originally parked, and then driving back to lenexa.  seems legit.  go cats, i guess?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: August 04, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
lol wait.  the streetcar stops at 19th and main, 3 blocks from double shift.  and this is the main driver behind a 15% uptick in business?  my goodness
Where did I say it was the main driver? You're for real insane.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: August 04, 2016, 09:32:05 AM »

Which is why I think it is important to remember the entire city isn't paying for this... Downtown taxed itself.

correction, 350 eligible voters levied a tax upon business owners unfortunate enough to do business in sly's tdd

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: August 04, 2016, 09:32:25 AM »
Small lot out front, street parking everywhere.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: August 04, 2016, 09:33:35 AM »
I go to that area more because of the streetcar. Foot traffic in crossroads overall has exploded since the streetcar. Those people have yelp/Google maps to find new places like doubleshift? 15% no... But nobody claimed that in the first place

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: August 04, 2016, 09:33:47 AM »
lol wait.  the streetcar stops at 19th and main, 3 blocks from double shift.  and this is the main driver behind a 15% uptick in business?  my goodness

early returns are good!  early returns on what? 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: August 04, 2016, 09:34:11 AM »

Ridership numbers

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: August 04, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »
I go to that area more because of the streetcar. Foot traffic in crossroads overall has exploded since the streetcar. Those people have yelp/Google maps to find new places like doubleshift? 15% no... But nobody claimed that in the first place

exploded lol.
man i would totally go to the crossroads but man, no streetcar?  no dice.  honey, let's hit the grinders in lenexa instead.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: August 04, 2016, 09:35:50 AM »

correction, 350 eligible voters levied a tax upon business owners unfortunate enough to do business in sly's tdd

Businesses don't vote on taxes anywhere but you knew that. I don't hear any businesses complaining about their higher bills (outside of an air filter company)... They seem to realize the value they have gotten.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: August 04, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »

Ridership numbers

don't believe the hype

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: August 04, 2016, 09:36:27 AM »

Ridership numbers

don't believe the hype
Ok.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: August 04, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »

Businesses don't vote on taxes anywhere but you knew that. I don't hear any businesses complaining about their higher bills (outside of an air filter company)... They seem to realize the value they have gotten.

they seem to

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: August 04, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
That blog piece is tearing this blog apart.  :cry:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: August 04, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »

exploded lol.
man i would totally go to the crossroads but man, no streetcar?  no dice.  honey, let's hit the grinders in lenexa instead.

People are now walking more throughout downtown vs coming downtown, parking, going to one spot, getting back in in car.... Leaving.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: August 04, 2016, 09:38:33 AM »

Ridership numbers

don't believe the hype
Ok.

my God, you're insane for real

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: August 04, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »

exploded lol.

People are now walking more throughout downtown vs coming downtown, parking, going to one spot, getting back in in car.... Leaving.

we'll have to take your unbiased word for it

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: August 04, 2016, 09:40:59 AM »

Ridership numbers

don't believe the hype
Ok.

my God, you're insane for real
Probably