Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006853 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #4725 on: April 26, 2016, 09:14:17 PM »
if i register to vote in mo in time, i'll vote yes for this thing philly.

:driving:

The Big Train

« Reply #4726 on: April 26, 2016, 09:15:47 PM »
the kc thread is right when phil and 'clams are arguing

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: April 26, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »
the kc thread is right when phil and 'clams are arguing

He yings my yang...or vice versa.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #4728 on: April 26, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »
Two things:

RC's is better than Strouds. There is no better nexus of heart attack inducing food than the spot equidistant from RC's and Jess and Jim's.

MCI is a fantastic airport and amazing for the frequent business traveler.  I'll be very upset if/when they go single terminal.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: April 26, 2016, 09:37:19 PM »
why would you leave a tab unpaid anyway?
You wouldn't. They're so mumped up, you tell them what you thought you ate and drank. You should experience the peanut downtown sometime on a weekend. And then they make up the tab.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: April 26, 2016, 09:47:55 PM »
Two things:

RC's is better than Strouds. There is no better nexus of heart attack inducing food than the spot equidistant from RC's and Jess and Jim's.

MCI is a fantastic airport and amazing for the frequent business traveler.  I'll be very upset if/when they go single terminal.

I submit to you that new KCI will be more convenient for the frequent traveler....to name a few things....

• TSA Pre-check for all airlines
  • security lines able to handle busy times
https://twitter.com/margueriteanne1/status/723576865496162304
  • More parking that doesn't require a shuttle bus
  • More efficient and modern baggage handling (self-check-in, quicker retrieval, etc)
  • More efficient drop off and pick up options using split traffic design
  • Better ground transportation connections...no picking up a phone for a cab, better setup for KCATA pickup
  • Better basic facilities past security
  • Retail/food not dependent on segregated gate you get put in (see Alaska gates)
  • return of an airport lounge
  • Airlines using shared gate system
  • Better taxiing logistics for planes
  • Shuttles for economy parking don't get filled up with upstream people boarding or confused with people dropping off on same bus
  • Rental cars not requiring shuttle

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: April 26, 2016, 09:55:01 PM »
that sounds great
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: April 26, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »
Here's the thing, Phil.  I appreciate your input, but I don't check bags, I don't rent cars, the only airline that really has a line, ever, is Southwest, and when I park at the Parking Spot, it takes me about ten minutes to get to my gate, and I have free parking points until Kingdom Come.

I don't eat when I get past the gate because I show up about 15 minutes before my flight takes off. I take a leak before I go through security.

When I deplane, it takes me two minutes, tops, to get to the area for the Spot bus to pick me up.

I've been to dozens of airports, ranging from local and regional to international, and MCI is the most user friendly for the local traveler.

The Big Train

« Reply #4733 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:03 PM »
all MCI air traffic controllers remote into panj laptop everyday to work, so yeah, he gets special treatment

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: April 26, 2016, 10:03:01 PM »
Here's the thing, Phil.  I appreciate your input, but I don't check bags, I don't rent cars, the only airline that really has a line, ever, is Southwest, and when I park at the Parking Spot, it takes me about ten minutes to get to my gate, and I have free parking points until Kingdom Come.

I don't eat when I get past the gate because I show up about 15 minutes before my flight takes off. I take a leak before I go through security.

When I deplane, it takes me two minutes, tops, to get to the area for the Spot bus to pick me up.

I've been to dozens of airports, ranging from local and regional to international, and MCI is the most user friendly for the local traveler.

That's cool...also understand that not every user of KCI is some sort of airport savant that none of those improvements I mentioned would benefit and has never been delayed.  Then layer on top of that, the structure is falling apart and a new terminal isn't going to add significant times to those you list (parking spot now doesn't drive to 15 different stopping points, they stop at 1 for example) and it's not going to raise ticket prices, I don't understand the resistance to this thing.

That tweet I posted was going into AA...you are crazy if you think only Southwest get a line.  I only travel monhtly but I know better than that.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: April 26, 2016, 10:19:39 PM »
all MCI air traffic controllers remote into panj laptop everyday to work, so yeah, he gets special treatment

There's ample room for you, too, TBT.

The Big Train

« Reply #4736 on: April 26, 2016, 10:20:35 PM »
:D

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: April 26, 2016, 10:22:53 PM »

That's cool...also understand that not every user of KCI is some sort of airport savant that none of those improvements I mentioned would benefit and has never been delayed.  Then layer on top of that, the structure is falling apart and a new terminal isn't going to add significant times to those you list (parking spot now doesn't drive to 15 different stopping points, they stop at 1 for example) and it's not going to raise ticket prices, I don't understand the resistance to this thing.

That tweet I posted was going into AA...you are crazy if you think only Southwest get a line.  I only travel monhtly but I know better than that.

That may be the case.  It's been ages since I've flown AA.  I'm pretty much SW or Delta.  Delta if humanly possible.

I understand the "why".  I realize that Camelot can't exist forever.  I also know that things that I'm vehemently against (renovating the K vs. building a downtown ballpark) sometimes work out better than I thought they would.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: April 26, 2016, 10:33:00 PM »

I submit to you that new KCI will be more convenient for the frequent traveler....to name a few things....

• TSA Pre-check for all airlines
  • security lines able to handle busy times
https://twitter.com/margueriteanne1/status/723576865496162304

this is a problem manufactured by the airport commission to drum up support for their new terminal plan
there's no reason why TSA precheck can't be implemented at ALL security entrances.  no reason other than they're purposely creating this mess.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: April 26, 2016, 10:34:30 PM »
Delta does TSA precheck because they aren't in the pocket of big terminal.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: April 26, 2016, 10:50:13 PM »
they do.  so does swa.  as should american.  you think if we spend $1B we could hire an extra TSA guy for the AA security entrance? 
honestly didn't even realize there was that much american traffic out of mci. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: April 26, 2016, 10:53:43 PM »
The ratio of tsa employees to travelers is v high at mci

The Big Train

« Reply #4742 on: April 26, 2016, 10:54:31 PM »
they do.  so does swa.  as should american.  you think if we spend $1B we could hire an extra TSA guy for the AA security entrance? 

even if theres not, might as well build a brand new airport to support it, if it ever happens tho

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: April 26, 2016, 11:02:02 PM »

American has 30 flights in next 24 hours according to flykci

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »
people are confused by people getting off a shuttle bus when they board? Huh?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: April 26, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »
a little over 1 per hour, that's not much traffic.  i believe it's the responsibility of the airline to provide the TSA agent/precheck at the airport where they rent space, so this person's issue is with american first and then mci for not holding their airlines to a higher standard.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: April 26, 2016, 11:18:29 PM »
people are confused by people getting off a shuttle bus when they board? Huh?
Shuttles use same road for drop off and pickup (worse on parking spot or air express that visit both terminals), that leads to full buses quicker and those arriving passengers boarding shuttles that have departing passengers waiting to be dropped off at later stops.

Be much more efficient to have a central boarding spot that also uses seperate buses for  passengers being dropped from those being picking up.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: April 26, 2016, 11:21:33 PM »
a little over 1 per hour, that's not much traffic.  i believe it's the responsibility of the airline to provide the TSA agent/precheck at the airport where they rent space, so this person's issue is with american first and then mci for not holding their airlines to a higher standard.

Wait I thought it was the airport commission making that decision you just said? Are youbsaying AA is pissing their customers off on purpose so they want a new terminal that will raise AA costs?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: April 26, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »

Wait I thought it was the airport commission making that decision you just said? Are youbsaying AA is pissing their customers off on purpose so they want a new terminal that will raise AA costs?

yes.  i think that the airlines, the commission, sly james, the citizen board, are all working together to forward their agenda.  the airlines will be net revenue positive after the dust settles.  they don't give a crap about you or you having a nice airport. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: April 26, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »
I agree AA cares not about me. They do care about customer complaints... And those complaints about the  air side of KCI is their responsibility to maintain and upgrade. They can't give customers what customers are asking for with the current terminal.... That's their interest.