Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007719 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #3125 on: October 29, 2015, 12:30:57 PM »
No worries, MCI is being replaced and all the townies will realize how dumb they were being about current MCI...

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: October 29, 2015, 12:31:45 PM »
First streetcar will be here Monday!  :Woohoo:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: October 29, 2015, 12:36:51 PM »
No worries, MCI is being replaced and all the townies will realize how dumb they were being about current MCI...

i mean i would love a new airport (closer to downtown is more important but probably never happen).

but it is a giant waste of money to do that. i have listed below the relative cost (to the city of KCMO) of the three projects we have talked about recently:

1. new airport

2. streetcar

3. hyatt

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: October 29, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »
I flight from CLT from time to time, curb drop off, blam right through security . . . then on to a cornucopia of places to eat and drink, or hang out in on one of the rocking chairs in the main terminal listening to someone play the piano.

KCI . . . mass in a crowded area with little to no amenities sitting on black pleather chairs.   :Yuck:

I don't fly SW mo . . . haven't in years.

Those rocking chairs are dumb AF

No there not, you're just a dumb sometimes.

CLT they have way more flights then MCI or Hey lets build Kansas City International as far away from Kansas City as we possibly can and still be able to call it Kansas City.

CLT is a hub. of course it has more flights.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: October 29, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »
wow i didn't realize that the airlines had an RFP out for new hubs.  and all it takes is to build an airport with a nordstrom, a TGI Friday's, and a couple of shitty sports bars.  let's do it so that the poors from north carolina are comfortable while they wait 20 minutes to board.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: October 29, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »
Money paid by fliers.... Not city taxes. This has been rehashed too many times. The building is junk... Something has to be done.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: October 29, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
The people from elsewhere laugh at the poors in KC and their shitty little podunk non hub airport and its vintage 1970's amenities and its entire Terminal C which closed from lack of use  :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: October 29, 2015, 12:47:09 PM »
The people from elsewhere laugh at the poors in KC and their shitty little podunk non hub airport and its vintage 1970's amenities and its entire Terminal C which closed from lack of use  :lol:

YEP. don't GAF dax

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: October 29, 2015, 12:47:35 PM »
wow i didn't realize that the airlines had an RFP out for new hubs.  and all it takes is to build an airport with a nordstrom, a TGI Friday's, and a couple of shitty sports bars.  let's do it so that the poors from north carolina are comfortable while they wait 20 minutes to board.

clams. yes. yes clams.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: October 29, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »

A closed not C..... And I couldnt care less if tourists are impressed with the airport. That is a dumb reason to want a new terminal.

I don't go to NYC because of their airport... And I don't want to go to Charlotte because it has a "nice"  airport.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: October 29, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »
Money paid by fliers.... Not city taxes. This has been rehashed too many times. The building is junk... Something has to be done.

the money is paid for by the airlines.  MCI will be more expensive for them to fly into. 
do you think that the ticket prices won't be adjusted to reflect that increase?  who do you think will feel the brunt of those increased ticket prices, dax from NC (poor) who flies into MCI 2 times a year, or local companies like cerner and sprint, who fly hundreds of employees in/out of MCI on a weekly basis?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: October 29, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »

the money is paid for by the airlines.  MCI will be more expensive for them to fly into. 
do you think that the ticket prices won't be adjusted to reflect that increase?  who do you think will feel the brunt of those increased ticket prices, dax from NC (poor) who flies into MCI 2 times a year, or local companies like cerner and sprint, who fly hundreds of employees in/out of MCI on a weekly basis?

yes clams. yes. on the other hand, we could print money and have a sexy new glass hyattscraper and everybody would be happy.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: October 29, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »
I flight from CLT from time to time, curb drop off, blam right through security . . . then on to a cornucopia of places to eat and drink, or hang out in on one of the rocking chairs in the main terminal listening to someone play the piano.

KCI . . . mass in a crowded area with little to no amenities sitting on black pleather chairs.   :Yuck:

I don't fly SW mo . . . haven't in years.

Those rocking chairs are dumb AF

I literally :lol: when I saw those passing through.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: October 29, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »

yes clams. yes. on the other hand, we could print money and have a sexy new glass hyattscraper and everybody would be happy.

i'm pro-hyatt, just anti-sly
and i think there is a better way to structure the deal.  unfortunately, sly is but one man, he can't do it all no matter how hard he tries.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: October 29, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »

Yes airline landing fees passed to consumer and PFC fees on our tickets already as it's own line item... That's why I said paid by fliers.

Yes I agree businesses pay for a lot of those flights (think the last number I saw was like 60 to 70 percent)... The business community is behind the new terminal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: October 29, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
FYI, I spend 90% of my time in KC and MW now . . . clams!  I've flown out of MCI a bunch lately.

Sounds like the perfect time to bulldoze dumpy old Terminal C and turn MCI into a real airport with a modern terminal that feeds A,B by a train or tram.

Municipalities exist to support infrastructure, otherwise, why have them? 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: October 29, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »
let's increase the cost of living in kansas city, mo as much as possible. i already pay higher taxes than if i were to live in los angeles.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: October 29, 2015, 01:08:27 PM »
FYI, I spend 90% of my time in KC and MW now . . . clams!  I've flown out of MCI a bunch lately.

Sounds like the perfect time to bulldoze dumpy old Terminal C and turn MCI into a real airport with a modern terminal that feeds A,B by a train or tram.

Municipalities exist to support infrastructure, otherwise, why have them?

New terminal will also have new gates/garage and built where terminal A now stands. B and C will turn into general aviation.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: October 29, 2015, 01:08:45 PM »
Good grief. 'Dax is obsessed with our city!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: October 29, 2015, 01:22:39 PM »

I work for a company in KC, I'm in KC almost all the time now, I'm from here.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: October 29, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »

I know. I get it. When I moved from Manhattan to Garden City, KS, I tried to convince myself all the time that I loved it and how much better it was. Trying to tell myself that I wasn't missing anything. I get it. I know what you're doing. Lying to yourself just never works tho.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: October 29, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »

I know. I get it. When I moved from Manhattan to Garden City, KS, I tried to convince myself all the time that I loved it and how much better it was. Trying to tell myself that I wasn't missing anything. I get it. I know what you're doing. Lying to yourself just never works tho.

What are you even talking about?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: October 29, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
Sometimes when you're home sick, you talk crap on home to feel better. That's what you're doing right now, without even knowing it.

:sdeek: :surprised: :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:00:43 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: October 29, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »
Sometimes when you're home sick, you talk crap on home to feel better. That's what you're doing right now without even knowing it.

:sdeek: :surprised: :D

Because I want to make KC better, because I'm from here and spend most of time here?  Weird thoughts Wacks.

Where I lived in NC was 1000 feet away from the beach where they film movies, you're talking about a place in no where Kansas where they boil blood from the slaughter house.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:43:24 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: October 29, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
KC is really on the business end of a good ole fashioned dax hate rant