Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006995 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #2300 on: July 08, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »
I will admit that I think any BBQ not from KC to complete crap now. It's infuriating how bad it tastes everywhere else.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 08, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »
i hate KC bbq smack. i get that it's a fun thing to talk about with people you have nothing to talk about with, but they're all good and i don't care how you would rank them. i try to go to all of them that i can, periodically.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 08, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
there are some that are bad but like with gates/AB/LC's/JS/etc it's just personal preference. The arguments over them are hilarious.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 08, 2015, 02:49:58 PM »
I need a new go to bbq place.  I'm absolutely sick of Joe's.  I've eaten dinner there on average 40-45 Fridays a year for the past 9 years. 

Suggestions?
@lopakman

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 08, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
I need a new go to bbq place.  I'm absolutely sick of Joe's.  I've eaten dinner there on average 40-45 Fridays a year for the past 9 years. 

Suggestions?

LC's

:lol:

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 08, 2015, 02:54:37 PM »
too far   :frown:
@lopakman

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 08, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
I will admit that I think any BBQ not from KC to complete crap now. It's infuriating how bad it tastes everywhere else.

Open a KC style joint in SF.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 08, 2015, 02:59:14 PM »
I happen to enjoy the hell out of LC's.  It's everything you want in a BBQ place:  Sketchy area of town, filthy interior, rude inattentive staff, and delicious burnt ends.   

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 08, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »
Jon Russel's
I haven't tried Slaps yet but I heard it's really good

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 08, 2015, 03:03:47 PM »
I happen to enjoy the hell out of LC's.  It's everything you want in a BBQ place:  Sketchy area of town, filthy interior, rude inattentive staff, and delicious burnt ends.
Watching lc count his cash in the dining area, slipping on the greasy floor and being barked at by the junkyard dog next to lc's smoker is the icing on the cake.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: July 08, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »

Open a KC style joint in SF.
Somebody actually kind of did and it is overpriced crap. http://4505meats.com/4505-burgers-bbq/

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 08, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »
Watching lc count his cash in the dining area, slipping on the greasy floor and being barked at by the junkyard dog next to lc's smoker is the icing on the cake.

The first time I went to LC's my jerkstore friends purposely neglected to warn me about the grease or BBQ smoke or whaetver it is that coats the floor in a fine sheen and they laughed when I nearly wiped out.    :love:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 08, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
planning on going to Top Golf Friday, should I bring my clubs or will I look like an idiot doing that?  And do I need a reservation if I want 2 or 3 bays next to one another?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:41 PM »
You sure do worry about looking like a idiot a lot. You asked the same thing about FF.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: July 08, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
planning on going to Top Golf Friday, should I bring my clubs or will I look like an idiot doing that?  And do I need a reservation if I want 2 or 3 bays next to one another?

yes, you will look like an idiot.  no, bringing your own clubs won't make you look like an idiot. Getting multiple adjacent bays will be tough.  It is essentially first come first serve, unless you buy a VIP pass for $50.  They do however promote the fact that they accommodate corporate outings and special events.  I don't know if your group is large enough/special enough to qualify, but it would be a worth a phone call to find out.  Otherwise, getting 3 bays next to each other would be practically impossible.  Even getting 2 next to each other could be a very long wait.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 08, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
3 together would have been easily possible sunday afternoon, friday i'm betting not.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 08, 2015, 03:45:58 PM »
I'd venture to guess that in a blind taste test, 99.9% off humans couldn't differentiate between the top 10 KC BBQ joints (sauce notwithstanding).  Kansas citians feel like they're supposed to have a strong opinion on this subject, but let's get real here...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: July 08, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »
You sure do worry about looking like a idiot a lot. You asked the same thing about FF.

quit obsessing with me so much, it's weird

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 08, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »

yes, you will look like an idiot.  no, bringing your own clubs won't make you look like an idiot. Getting multiple adjacent bays will be tough.  It is essentially first come first serve, unless you buy a VIP pass for $50.  They do however promote the fact that they accommodate corporate outings and special events.  I don't know if your group is large enough/special enough to qualify, but it would be a worth a phone call to find out.  Otherwise, getting 3 bays next to each other would be practically impossible.  Even getting 2 next to each other could be a very long wait.

even if during the day and not at night?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: July 08, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »
planning on going to Top Golf Friday, should I bring my clubs or will I look like an idiot doing that?

yes, you will look like an idiot.  no, bringing your own clubs won't make you look like an idiot.

:lol:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 08, 2015, 06:47:15 PM »
KC liquor control really mumped me today, guys. they mumped me real good.  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: July 08, 2015, 06:47:40 PM »
Wait what?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: July 08, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
Wait what?

long story, but they filed my paperwork wrong with the state, so we most likely can't open Saturday. still waiting on a temporary waiver from MO, but that's a stretch with this short of notice. (especially because it seems like very state worker is on vacation this week)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 08, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »
Raided? Smashed your firkins with hatchets?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: July 08, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
Raided? Smashed your firkins with hatchets?

lol