Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1007193 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #1950 on: April 17, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »
good looking crew

damn it i hate the midwest.
also, props to one checkered van chick for not letting anything get in the way of her wearing her favorite van.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 17, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
I went to a bachelor party with lazuli and slim fast once when I worked in radio. Lazuli won $600 playing roulette and then we watched a dildo show up in our hotel rooms. Great times!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »
In January, a Houston Uber driver who sexually assaulted a passenger was found to have previously served 14 years in federal prison for cocaine distribution.

well there you go. ride with uber and get raped by a drug dealer.
At least it was a rehabilitated drug dealer.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 23, 2015, 10:51:35 AM »
I went to a bachelor party with lazuli and slim fast once when I worked in radio. Lazuli won $600 playing roulette and then we watched a dildo show up in our hotel rooms. Great times!

So, what did you guys do once the dildo showed up?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 23, 2015, 10:58:31 AM »

So, what did you guys do once the dildo showed up?

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 23, 2015, 11:05:14 AM »
 :D Watched in horror.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 23, 2015, 12:42:40 PM »
Was this ever posted?

Lenexa Civic Center
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oupLNoKy_1s&feature=youtu.be

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 23, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
96.5 DJs are perfect examples of why some people work in radio and others are on TV :barf:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »
 :frown:

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 05, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »
Moving things away from the city center is everything I don't like about Kansas City.  For fucks sake just demolish Kemper, move Kaufmann stadium there, boom, still have the American royal there.  Or we can put a youth soccer complex there?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 05, 2015, 03:16:07 PM »
The American Royal moving to the TRUMAN rough ridin' SPORTS COMPLEX is the most insane and Kansas City things to ever happen in Kansas City.
IMO Truman Complex was/is one of the worst things to happen to the city. Destroyed any chance at a downtown park for the next several decades.  :curse: :curse: :curse:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: May 05, 2015, 03:29:01 PM »
Was this ever posted?

Lenexa Civic Center

Wow... I had no idea what all that is. I'm moving about 3 miles west of this down 87th... It will either be really cool having that so close or a real pain in the ass to drive through in the mornings and evenings.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: May 05, 2015, 04:30:16 PM »
Was this ever posted?

Lenexa Civic Center

Wow... I had no idea what all that is. I'm moving about 3 miles west of this down 87th... It will either be really cool having that so close or a real pain in the ass to drive through in the mornings and evenings.

Don't worry, it will never get built. Leneza is broke AF

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 05, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »
The American Royal moving to the TRUMAN rough ridin' SPORTS COMPLEX is the most insane and Kansas City things to ever happen in Kansas City.

While this is my usual opinion, but in this situation, I think this is a great move.  The BBQ contest needs nothing but a ton of surface parking....we have that in spades out there.  I'm all for Kaufman being downtown (not so much arrowhead, lot of dead empty days) but that's a different problem.  Since we have that space out there, it's a much better spot to house the contest than the west bottoms.  Since that was the absolute last reason to keep those parking lots in an urban setting, maybe they can be repurposed for a better use?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 05, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
A lot of local business owners downtown are not happy about this. Including the quaff, Phil.  :frown:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 05, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
A lot of local business owners downtown are not happy about this. Including the quaff, Phil.  :frown:

I <3 Phil, but Phil isn't happy with anything. I never noticed much of an uptick in bars being busy during the BBQ contest....anybody that did go to a bar will probably still head downtown afterwards...unless they get sidetracked by the Adam's Mark hotel bar.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 05, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »

I <3 Phil, but Phil isn't happy with anything. I never noticed much of an uptick in bars being busy during the BBQ contest....anybody that did go to a bar will probably still head downtown afterwards...unless they get sidetracked by the Adam's Mark hotel bar.
Yeah, I was talking more about Anthony, but I get it. It was just nice to be able to walk to it from home and pre game.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 05, 2015, 05:54:22 PM »

While this is my usual opinion, but in this situation, I think this is a great move.  The BBQ contest needs nothing but a ton of surface parking....we have that in spades out there.  I'm all for Kaufman being downtown (not so much arrowhead, lot of dead empty days) but that's a different problem.  Since we have that space out there, it's a much better spot to house the contest than the west bottoms.  Since that was the absolute last reason to keep those parking lots in an urban setting, maybe they can be repurposed for a better use?
I mean, I get what you're saying. But the AR not being in the bottoms anymore doesn't trigger some mad rush for developers to buy land there. It's still years and years from major development. Needs millions in infrastructure.

They might as well move it to Omaha. I hear they have a ton of parking.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 05, 2015, 05:56:59 PM »
If there is one thing broken in KC that needs to be addressed, it's the American Royal BBQ contest.

Pfft.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 05, 2015, 06:06:27 PM »

Yeah, I was talking more about Anthony, but I get it. It was just nice to be able to walk to it from home and pre game.

No doubt....I loved being able to run up the hill and get a shower in when I was participating as a team.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 05, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »

I mean, I get what you're saying. But the AR not being in the bottoms anymore doesn't trigger some mad rush for developers to buy land there. It's still years and years from major development. Needs millions in infrastructure.

They might as well move it to Omaha. I hear they have a ton of parking.

I was going to mention this in the prior post...I think developing the west bottoms should be one of the lowest priority we have in the city...that said, that huge parking lot around TCS is a perfect fit for this contest and will work better than the Bottoms...and it keeps it within a $30 cab ride of downtown....we need to start campaigning now for the city/AR to keep a shuttle running from downtown to the contest out there.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
Was this ever posted?

Lenexa Civic Center

Don't worry, it will never get built. Leneza is broke AF

Aren't they building Phase 1 now though?  What is that giant ass building going up behind Perceptive and Lifetime Fitness?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.