Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1003997 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #12400 on: August 26, 2020, 09:24:28 PM »
We have no other inner city projects right now that we could put this focus towards? With fed $? I hope your people have better projects than this right now to get grants for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not with that money.  You should look at this as making the downtown current line way more useful. It's one of the heaviest transit corridors in the metro.
Just admit you don’t want to extend the streetcar for “economic reasons” and I might respect your take on this. You, just like chodecat, want shiny new things.

The investment in midtown will speak for itself wacky. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: August 26, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »
What’s Midtown rent right now? Because I can guarantee you, anyone living along the streetcar line right now, doesn’t need free Transportation to get to work.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: August 26, 2020, 09:35:38 PM »
What’s Midtown rent right now? Because I can guarantee you, anyone living along the streetcar line right now, doesn’t need free Transportation to get to work.

Not for nothing, but weren't you, at one point, fraudulently living in section 8 housing or something?

I could be thinking of someone else.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: August 26, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »
You’re right, I didn’t need free transportation to go to work or mommy and daddy’s $ to get through HS and college, ‘Lew. I chose my 2nd job as my income to pay for reasonable rent downtown, on my own, while paying a mortgage in student loans. We all play the hand we’re dealt. The streetcar isn’t for economic purposes and Phil knows this. Don’t question me on working the system, for beneficial needs, when you’ve been setup from day 1.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: August 26, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »
Why do you think I care about irresponsible spending with the economy? I graduated in ‘08.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12405 on: August 26, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
*lied about your income
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: August 26, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »
Lol

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: August 26, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »
Listen wacky, if you want to "work the system" (as you put it), that's your prerogative.  What do I care? 
I can guarantee you, anyone living along the streetcar line right now, doesn’t need free Transportation to get to work.
But if you're making comments like that ^, then you better be prepared for someone to point out the pretty heavy irony.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: August 26, 2020, 10:04:08 PM »
I probably saved close to $3500 that year, because I said my side hustle job was my income. That’s it for me and my fam in a lifetime on “cheating the system”. Are two, paid for, educated Catholic boys really trying to talk this crap right now?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: August 26, 2020, 10:08:14 PM »
Listen wacky, if you want to "work the system" (as you put it), that's your prerogative.  What do I care? 
I can guarantee you, anyone living along the streetcar line right now, doesn’t need free Transportation to get to work.
But if you're making comments like that ^, then you better be prepared for someone to point out the pretty heavy irony.
I make comments like this, because these ppl aren’t hurting like Phil would like you too. People who live in that building are waiters downtown, liberal arts majors, etc. nobody, including rent control ppl, need that streetcar. Rent control is like at 35K downtown and midtown. They’re fine.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: August 26, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »
Why am I being dragged on this? I'm here for streetcar defending only and told why I like it and why I don't.

You and lew have fun. Buhbye

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: August 26, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »
Can I ask why you seem so mad about all this dumb crap when your life seems by all rights to be good?

Why not try gratitude?

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: August 26, 2020, 10:14:43 PM »
I probably saved close to $3500 that year, because I said my side hustle job was my income. That’s it for me and my fam in a lifetime on “cheating the system”. Are two, paid for, educated Catholic boys really trying to talk this crap right now?

I didn't say you had a lifetime of "cheating the system."  In fact, I said I didn't really care about it.  I also don't care about the streetcar either way. I was only pointing out that you suggesting federal money ought to be allocated more beneficially is kind of funny, given you're the one guy I know who has admitted to personally abusing (even just a little) federal money.  If you can't appreciate that irony to some degree then I don't know what to tell you.  I thought it was kind of funny but maybe not.

Anyway, tell me more about 8man's catholic upbringing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: August 26, 2020, 10:40:09 PM »
Can I ask why you seem so mad about all this dumb crap when your life seems by all rights to be good?

Why not try gratitude?
Fair question. I appreciate this. Mental Health is definitely kicking in right now. Not looking for a reach out, but it’s true. The comeback at work has been amazing, but it turned into a mumped up place all of a sudden. I’m definitely stressing there.

For the rest: I had a well detailed response to this. But let’s just call it life for once. Family, outlets. Etc.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:00 AM »

Why not try gratitude?
Fair question. I appreciate this. Mental Health is definitely kicking in right now. Not looking for a reach out, but it’s true. The comeback at work has been amazing, but it turned into a mumped up place all of a sudden. I’m definitely stressing there.

For the rest: I had a well detailed response to this. But let’s just call it life for once. Family, outlets. Etc.

eff it, I'll weigh in. 

Gratitude is an action. If you follow me around all day, you'll see what I take care of.  Those are the things I am grateful for. What things are you taking care of?  Second, try this idea on....every time you are upset, the problem is with YOU.  Every. Single. Time.  That's hard to accept, but it's true.  Bending the world to meet your expectations, versus attempting to accept it for how it is.  That doesn't mean you can't still do the right thing, and do your part to make the world better...but raging against it and the ill's of the world is like you taking poison and hoping the other guy dies.  But, all that's sort of level 4 and beyond crap. 

You're really more just ready for level 1 crap.  If you have mental health issues, for example anxiety and depression like a Canadian guy I know, then drinking will eventually turn into the absolute worst thing in the world for you, and will create your private lonely prison of fear and anger.  Hell, really.  I mean the drinking progression goes like this...Fun, Fun with Problems, Just Problems.  Which point are you at?  Also, can you imagine ever being happy without booze in your life?  Could you imagine events that you enjoy now, still enjoying them with zero booze?  People without a problem can answer "Yes" to both of those easily without even contemplating it.  People with a problem, deep down, find that either terrifying, depressing, or both.   Lastly, put another way, people without a problem never wonder if they might have a problem.  Have you ever wondered about that?

My advice would be to check out a meeting, and see what you think.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: August 27, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
Thank you, Pete. I’ll seriously take this into consideration.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: August 27, 2020, 05:06:30 PM »
Are two, paid for, educated Catholic boys really trying to talk this crap right now?

I may be a dick sometimes, but you've got the wrong guy.  The Putnam scholarship, TA work, and student loans and paid for my education.  I also despise the catholic church.

Pete's a kind soul, listen to him.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: August 27, 2020, 05:44:11 PM »
Are two, paid for, educated Catholic boys really trying to talk this crap right now?

I may be a dick sometimes, but you've got the wrong guy.  The Putnam scholarship, TA work, and student loans and paid for my education.  I also despise the catholic church.

Pete's a kind soul, listen to him.
My bad and you’re right. Congrats btw. I did not know that. Pete’s a great guy and it’s worth looking into.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: September 01, 2020, 03:55:43 PM »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: September 01, 2020, 05:35:44 PM »
 :eek:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12420 on: September 01, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »
I wonder what happens first, I start flying for work again or the new airport is done?  :ohno:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: September 01, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
I think a falloon patio social distance pak should happen soon
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: October 28, 2020, 09:39:52 PM »

https://twitter.com/Bakari_Sellers/status/1321264390247796737?s=20

I think I'm in love
@philtitola I held back from posting here, during my time off, but I’m just curious on how your department is working on the crime problem in KCMO. We surpassed our murder rate a few weeks ago for the year/history, but it is 2020, so I’m definitely looking forward to mayor Q’s plan. Please share. Ampt for a movement against these monsters.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:15:44 PM by 420seriouscat69 »