Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429641 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #425 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
A little nervous guys. Took DogSF for a walk last night. Grabbed a "heavy jacket" expecting it to be pretty chilly. Ended up losing the jacket and DogSF panted quite a bit. It's November guys, we should at least be wearing semi heavy jackets by now. I'm thinking we should start putting black stuff on the glaciers immediately like Beems said.

-source- DogSF and SF's walk last night.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 05, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
A little nervous guys. Took DogSF for a walk last night. Grabbed a "heavy jacket" expecting it to be pretty chilly. Ended up losing the jacket and DogSF panted quite a bit. It's November guys, we should at least be wearing semi heavy jackets by now. I'm thinking we should start putting black stuff on the glaciers immediately like Beems said.

-source- DogSF and SF's walk last night.

Actually, that was for the 70's ice age scare. For the current warming scare, Beems wants to build giant smokestacks and pump some other chemicals into the stratosphere to help cool things down.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2013, 12:29:56 PM »
really cold today.  DogSF wouldn't even go out to pee.

we are fine guys

Source - DogSF peed on my carpet at little  :curse:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #429 on: November 06, 2013, 09:58:32 PM »
Keep in mind, the people pushing AGW, are the same people telling you fracking is damaging your drinking water.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/2013-on-track-to-be-seventh-warmest-year-since-1850-16738

Keep in mind, the people pushing AGW, are the same people telling you fracking is damaging your drinking water.
you might actually be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 14, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
Edna might be the most uninformed misinformed person on earth (which of course includes the pit), and I find that remarkable.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2013, 09:48:33 AM »
The 7th warmest year in the last 163 years, a mere tiny pin hole on the time line of the Earth, where we know it's been warmer than has been in the last 163 years and and we know it's been much colder than the last 163 years.   Yet Warmists want to nail the "warming" (which some entities question, inlcuding questioning the current gov't methods of measuring temps) entirely on the back of a trace gas.   Amazing.

Some other news.   This year to date has seen one of the lowest ebbs in extreme weather in the United States in recorded history.

Tornado activity: Trendline is for 2013 to have the fewest tornadoes ever recorded (Will be blamed on climate change, after above average year was blamed on climate change a few years ago.  Of course historical trendline discussion by Warmists almost wholly dismisses factors like-Weather radar technology, urban sprawl, more eyes on the sky/numbers of storm chasers etc. etc.).   

The U.S. Historical Climatology Network of weather stations while likely record that 2013 will have the fewest number of above 90 degree days ever recorded by the stations on this network in one calendar year.

The U.S. will likely be hit by zero storms at Hurricane strength in 2013. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »
Like dax, I'm also confused as to how the 7th hottest year in the last 163 is dispositive of anything.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 22, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/2013-on-track-to-be-seventh-warmest-year-since-1850-16738

With EDN on this one.  Pumping chemicals in the ground puts chemicals in the ground.  Pretty certain of this. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 06, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
Just taking a quick check: are there any libtards on here who still believe in AGW?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 06, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »

With EDN on this one.  Pumping chemicals in the ground puts chemicals in the ground.  Pretty certain of this.

That makes 2 Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) troglodytes.  Anyone else want to out themselves?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:31 AM »
Just taking a quick check: are there any libtards on here who still believe in AGW?

I don't think greenhouse gases follow party lines.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 06, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »
I think conservatives are much more skeptical of the "proof" that is offered by climate models. They are simply an educated guess, and they have all been wrong, so far. The parameters and data are constantly changed to manipulate the desired outcome.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:31 PM »

Ok, we'll pretend this is true. :lol: Anybody on here, conservative or libtard (:lol:, ok, sorry, here we go), who still believes in AGW?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »

The pace of sea level rise varies regionally. In some parts of the world, such as in Manila in the Philippines, sinking land combined with rising seas is creating coastal flooding concerns even in the absence of a major storm.

Can somebody explain this statement to me? I thought all of the oceans in the world were connected, so how can the average sea level be different, or rise faster, in one part of the world than another?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 06, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »

The pace of sea level rise varies regionally. In some parts of the world, such as in Manila in the Philippines, sinking land combined with rising seas is creating coastal flooding concerns even in the absence of a major storm.

Can somebody explain this statement to me? I thought all of the oceans in the world were connected, so how can the average sea level be different, or rise faster, in one part of the world than another?

I guess you've never been to the beach. When I was last year, the sea was constantly changing level by a few feet. It was pretty unsettling.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 06, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »

Ok, we'll pretend this is true. :lol: Anybody on here, conservative or libtard (:lol:, ok, sorry, here we go), who still believes in AGW?

Well, I'm a conservative who believes in AGW. I mean good grief, how could you not believe in greenhouse gases?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 06, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »

Well, I'm a conservative who believes in AGW. I mean good grief, how could you not believe in greenhouse gases?

Are you referring to gasses such as CO2 and H2O? First, AGW is premised on the (increasingly questionable) theory of the greenhouse effect. Thus, to argue that AGW must be true because of "greenhouse gasses" is circular reasoning and, frankly, idiotic. Second, if gasses such as CO2 are indeed "greenhouse gasses" that cause the earth to warm, then why does the earth not continue to warm despite increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere? Again, calling something a "greenhouse gas" does not make it so. Third, you're about as conservative as Megan McCain.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:04:28 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 06, 2013, 02:10:40 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 06, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »
megan mcain smack  :surprised:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »

Are you referring to gasses such as CO2 and H2O? First, AGW is premised on the (increasingly questionable) theory of the greenhouse effect. Thus, to argue that AGW must be true because of "greenhouse gasses" is circular reasoning and, frankly, idiotic. Second, if gasses such as CO2 are indeed "greenhouse gasses" that cause the earth to warm, then why does the earth not continue to warm despite increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere? Again, calling something a "greenhouse gas" does not make it so. Third, you're about as conservative as Megan McCain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPCC_list_of_greenhouse_gases

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiative_forcing

Looks like pretty concrete science to me.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
You should go back and reread the beginning if this thread. The hypotheses of "greenhouse gas" theory are wrong.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
You should go back and reread the beginning if this thread. The hypotheses of "greenhouse gas" theory are wrong.

"the earth is too big and there are too many inputs to know what is causing the warming and ocean acidification and other effects of the fossil fuels that make exxon and shell and bp and chevron some of the richest corporations in the world" - conservatives unless there is a hiccup in the trend, then they pretend to be scientifically literate and honest all of a sudden.