Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437679 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3725 on: August 29, 2018, 10:40:35 PM »
the last assertion is laughably false.

Based on 2048 demand, no it is not.  Wind turbine production in Cali has also dropped over the last 4 years, because of environmental restrictions.

i've posted links that show that it is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: August 29, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »
the last assertion is laughably false.

Based on 2048 demand, no it is not.  Wind turbine production in Cali has also dropped over the last 4 years, because of environmental restrictions.

i've posted links that show that it is.

Wikipedia?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3727 on: August 29, 2018, 10:58:36 PM »
Sysgender is rough ridin' delusional and lives in an echochamber, this isn't new.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: August 29, 2018, 11:13:38 PM »
Wikipedia?

and the ones i posted a couple weeks back.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: August 29, 2018, 11:15:25 PM »
Using current technological prowess to get to the 100% renewable goal using solar and wind and using current outputs and footprints as our guide then:

-16K square miles of wind turbines will be needed to reach stated goal for wind output

-Approximately 500 square miles of solar energy panels to reach stated goal for solar output

In essence to meet stated goals, California will have to produce more renewable energy by 2048 than the entire world produces now.   Using known technology, the environmental costs in land use alone will be astronomical, not even taking into all the other environmental impacts.

very good bet that renewable energy tech won't improve over the next 30 years.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: August 29, 2018, 11:25:38 PM »

it's factually incorrect by orders of magnitude today, with no assumed improvement.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: August 30, 2018, 06:33:54 AM »
CDE estimates California will need 354K GW per year by 2030 to meet the states electricity needs.   Cali green energy proponents are relying on solar and wind, 354K GW demand is currently 3 - 3.5x total solar/wind energy production in the United States.   

Under current laws its getting harder and harder to build wind generation systems in California.   Even with offsets from individual dwelling solar capacity the amount of land needed even with improvements to technology to get to 100% green energy is massive.   Not to mention the carbon footprint output getting to the goal.   There's little doubt energy poverty in California is going to spike dramatically to reach this "goal", particularly when factoring in other rising costs of living in California.   Energy poverty is considered any household that spends 10% or more of total earnings on energy bills, in California that's more than 1 million households and growing. 

California will no doubt be at the top in the country in the divide between the have's and the have nots.   Maybe that's the goal, state depopulation?  Difficult if Cali politicians get their open borders and free health care for illegals, medical refugee'ism will likely grow the population even more.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:44:22 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: August 30, 2018, 08:24:15 AM »
“It’s impossible to switch to green energy because it’s never going to get better, more efficient, or cheaper. So why even try? Shut it all down so we can burn baby burn.”

- Dax

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3733 on: August 30, 2018, 09:43:54 AM »
No, what’s hilarious is the mindset.  1 million households already in energy poverty in California, 6 million living below the poverty line based on US standards, more when CA COL is factored in. 

An industry that requires copious supplementation in a state where energy costs are already 50% higher on average. 

But you’re an idiot who see’s no pain points.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: August 30, 2018, 10:00:31 AM »
Quote from: Cat from DC  date: all the damn time
Switching to renewable energy will have no pain points

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: August 30, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »

it's factually incorrect by orders of magnitude today, with no assumed improvement.

As to wind energy, this is patently false.

Solar will likely continue to achieve substantial improvements at a decreasing rate, which isn't saying much given it's basically none of the supply.

You guys simply don't know what you're talking about, and simply drinking the kool aid.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: August 31, 2018, 07:53:21 PM »
CDE estimates California will need 354K GW per year by 2030 to meet the states electricity needs.   Cali green energy proponents are relying on solar and wind, 354K GW demand is currently 3 - 3.5x total solar/wind energy production in the United States.   

you've mumped up the units again.  gw does not equal gwh.  possibly your inability to comprehend the most basic facts about electricity explains how you get this so hilariously wrong.  at any rate, 2017 global electricity production from renewables was over 5500k gwh, more than an order of magnitude greater than the estimate of california's 2030 need you claim (which you don't link).

your claim that california's 2045 consumption would exceed current global consumption is outrageously incorrect.

http://www.irena.org/-/media/Files/IRENA/Agency/Publication/2017/Jul/IRENA_Renewable_energy_highlights_July_2017.pdf?la=en&hash=011BFA5D92B82E343C53687DE31C3F2AF266B436

http://www.irena.org/-/media/Files/IRENA/Agency/Publication/2017/Jul/IRENA_Renewable_Energy_Statistics_2017.pdf

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: August 31, 2018, 08:33:05 PM »
LOL at thinking GWh contra GW with solar (maybe 8 hrs of production per day) means more solar capacity. Also lol conflating global output with us output.  Good grief, dax is right and you are clueless.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: August 31, 2018, 08:58:42 PM »
LOL at thinking GWh contra GW with solar (maybe 8 hrs of production per day) means more solar capacity. Also lol conflating global output with us output.  Good grief, dax is right and you are clueless.

when someone repeatedly mistakes generation capacity and production and they also throw out numbers that are wildly nonfactual, it's appropriate to conclude that they don't know what they're talking about.

Also lol conflating global output with us output.

i did not conflate the two.  i posted information showing that dax's assertion, quoted below, was wildly nonfactual.

In essence to meet stated goals, California will have to produce more renewable energy by 2048 than the entire world produces now.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: September 01, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »

you've mumped up the units again.  gw does not equal gwh.  possibly your inability to comprehend the most basic facts about electricity explains how you get this so hilariously wrong.  at any rate, 2017 global electricity production from renewables was over 5500k gwh, more than an order of magnitude greater than the estimate of california's 2030 need you claim (which you don't link).

your claim that california's 2045 consumption would exceed current global consumption is outrageously incorrect.

http://www.irena.org/-/media/Files/IRENA/Agency/Publication/2017/Jul/IRENA_Renewable_energy_highlights_July_2017.pdf?la=en&hash=011BFA5D92B82E343C53687DE31C3F2AF266B436

http://www.irena.org/-/media/Files/IRENA/Agency/Publication/2017/Jul/IRENA_Renewable_Energy_Statistics_2017.pdf

The CDE predicated annual demand is GWh, I simply accidently left off the h.

Between 326K and 356K GWh by 2030 (2030 is not 2048, BTW).   The operative words are also solar and wind.    The CDE is also predicating that CA energy consumption will be accelerating year over year and will do so for the next 20 years with an annual avg growth rate of 1.02% per year, that's double the year over year growth of demand from 2000-2016.   

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: September 01, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »
Sys, my good friend Dax isn't someone to push false facts or misinformation to advance his ideals!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: September 01, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »
Sys, my good friend Dax isn't someone to push false facts or misinformation to advance his ideals!

I get that it was wrong on world wide total renewables, but the Cali Greenies are pushing solar and wind. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: September 04, 2018, 12:02:09 AM »
California's energy sitch is fine, having one of your largest public utilities declare bankruptcy is totes norms

https://www.wsj.com/articles/california-puts-customers-on-hook-for-utilitys-wildfire-liability-1536000502?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/xXAZjTEdyz

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: September 04, 2018, 12:05:18 AM »

when someone repeatedly mistakes generation capacity and production and they also throw out numbers that are wildly nonfactual, it's appropriate to conclude that they don't know what they're talking about.

Also lol conflating global output with us output.

i did not conflate the two.  i posted information showing that dax's assertion, quoted below, was wildly nonfactual.

In essence to meet stated goals, California will have to produce more renewable energy by 2048 than the entire world produces now.

United States and global are not synonymous

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: September 04, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »
Really surprised Cali isn't blaming global warming for the wild fires, and meanie insurance companies for the public utility carrying insufficient coverage and being too poor to maintain existing infrastructure.

State investigators have so far concluded that equipment from PG&E’s Pacific Gas & Electric Co. unit caused 16 of last year’s blazes, and the utility has said it expects to incur losses related to at least 14 of them. PG&E faces at least 780 civil lawsuits brought by individuals, municipalities and insurance companies alleging it was negligent and seeking to recoup money for fire-related damage and deaths.

PG&E provides electricity and natural gas to about 16 million people living in Central and Northern California. It has cut its dividend and took a $2.5 billion charge in the second quarter related to claims made against the utility in connection with the wildfires.

Some analysts have pegged PG&E’s potential liability from the 2017 fires at as much as $15 billion. The utility currently has less than $900 million in insurance to help pay for wildfire liability. It has said it is looking at other insurance coverage options but that increases will likely come at a higher price, as carriers have “significantly” raised premiums.

At least the consumer is footing the bill and not the State or its moron representatives. Critical as the grossly mismanaged electricity generation and distribution system embarks on an astromically expensive and inherently unreliable green energy initiative that will heavily rely on the dilapidated and burned up transmission system. I mean, what libtard wouldn't be excited about paying substantially more for less???  :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: September 17, 2018, 08:47:34 AM »
How do we know the world hasn't already seen Cat. 6 hurricanes?   

Easy answer:  We don't know

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:52 AM »
We also don’t know the optimal amount of Cat 6 hurricanes we should have.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: September 17, 2018, 09:28:12 AM »
Also maybe humans aren't native to earth and have survived a billion cat 6 space hurricanes so pud smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite