Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437701 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2825 on: March 15, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »
TY epa
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 15, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
TY epa

Well, on the flipside, CO2 concentrations increased every year, for the past 8 years, so, not really a great job in that respect.

But on the flip side, as a % of our atmosphere, the change is barely noticeable for the past 50 years, so if we can get it down by way less than a percentage point, everything is going to be perfect (again) lib. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 15, 2017, 06:10:37 PM »
About 95% or "greenhouse gas" in the atmosphere is.... water vapor. CO2 is a minute fraction of greenhouse gasses and a much much much more minute fraction of our atmosphere. The models that predict increasing temperatures due to rising CO2 rely on the theory that CO2 will have a multiplier effect on water vapor. This hasn't panned out, which is why so many models have so seriously missed the mark on predicting temperture increase.

With the warmers there's always another study they can deflect to, always something to quibble over, always a new "adjusted" data set, but the fact remains that the science is far from settled and nobody knows with anything close to certainty how much increasing CO2 will increase temperture, let alone whether that will be a net negative.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2828 on: March 15, 2017, 08:44:25 PM »
They don't give a eff about science, they're more interested in clickbait headlines like "Meteorologists Destroy EPA Chief Lie About Carbon Dioxide"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 15, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
They don't give a eff about science, they're more interested in clickbait headlines like "Meteorologists Destroy EPA Chief Lie About Carbon Dioxide"

Keep grasping at those straws, fsd/Dax. It's a real wonder how any of these so called scientists were able to get those fancy "degrees" or "highly respected jobs" in their fields of study when we have experts like you all able to discern the real "truths" or "facts" just by reading infowars or listening to mark levin.

However, do us all a favor and try not to leave your bunkers too often in your remaining years, the ignorance you spew out actually has lasting consequences for the rest of us in society trying to leave this world better than we have found it.
untuck manhattan

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: March 15, 2017, 09:59:36 PM »
Stop spewing ignorance and get truth facts, doodle-dork

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 16, 2017, 12:03:57 AM »
back when i was a snakeologist, all i had to do was tell people i studied snakes to have them tripping over themselves to tell me the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap they thought they knew about snakes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 16, 2017, 07:34:29 AM »
Snakes can see carbon dioxide

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 16, 2017, 08:12:29 AM »
Sys I almost got bit by a prairie rattlesnake one time.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 16, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »
All cam does is gurgle forth the same bilge co-mingled with stuff that was covered 30 pages ago sprinkled with some Capt. Obvious headline bullet points.

Sad.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:24 AM »
back when i was a snakeologist, all i had to do was tell people i studied snakes to have them tripping over themselves to tell me the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap they thought they knew about snakes.

Well, they actually lose all of their skin at once and just leave it lying on the ground. They don't even eat the skin.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:45 AM »
All cam does is gurgle forth the same bilge co-mingled with stuff that was covered 30 pages ago sprinkled with some Capt. Obvious headline bullet points.

Sad.

Sure, dax... Tap out noted.

Just keep grasping.
untuck manhattan

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: March 16, 2017, 09:52:50 AM »
Currently the regulatory philosophy of dax, fsd, ksuw, etc. is in charge of policy for the executive branch and here are the actual propositions in the real world:

President Trump’s first budget proposal includes a 31-percent cut to the Environmental Protection Agency...
slashes funding for industrial waste clean-up through the Superfund program. It also passes along deep cuts to research and development work, the EPA’s Enforcement and Compliance Office and state grant programs, and it eliminates funding for region-specific environmental work for areas like the Great Lakes and the Chesapeake Bay...eliminates more than 50 EPA programs... The EPA has absorbed a 20-percent cut since 2010, and some key Republican appropriators — even those who oppose the agency’s climate change work — have already raised concerns about the size and breadth of Trump’s proposal...

In all, the EPA was one of the federal departments hardest hit by Trump’s budget. But he takes aim at climate change and energy research in other parts of his government.

The proposal would eliminate several State Department climate programs, including funding for the Global Climate Change Initiative and American contributions to international climate change accounts...

The Interior Department, which sees a 12-percent cut in the budget, receives higher funding for energy development on public lands. Cuts to the agency focus on abandoned mine clean-up grants and land acquisition programs. 

Trump proposes trimming the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Earth science budget by $102 million, ending missions that observe the Earth’s oceans and carbon dioxide levels.

The budget as a whole includes deep domestic spending cuts while increasing defense spending by $54 billion.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/324242-trump-proposes-deep-cuts-to-epa-federal-climate-funding

So let me get this straight...if the science truly isn't settled and requires more research, why oh why, would we cut all the funding to study it? Sure seems like the current administration doesn't really want the truth to be verified or confirmed.

Sad.
untuck manhattan

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: March 16, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty suspicious

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: March 16, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »
The science is settled, cam.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: March 16, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »
If we can't get China/India and other third world polluters on board the all the science in the world is for not.  We'd be better off spending that money trying to influence them, or our consumption habits which would in turn influence them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: March 16, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »
Do you really think we're cutting all the funding to study climate change?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
untuck manhattan

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: March 16, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
lol long
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: March 17, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
4.07 million thousand megawatt hours of electricity used by the U.S. in FY 2015.   Less than 1 million generated from predominantly non green house gas emitting systems.   Greenies hate nukes, so there's that.  They also protest dams, so there's that.  So once you take those out your left with about 5-600k thousand megawatt hours of energy production from so called renewables.  Just a bit short of demand.

So good luck getting to your green energy utopia without fossil fuels and/or institute your economy killing draconian measures and/or your long desired depopulation plan (you first BTW). 

Also, still waiting on what PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere is going to make everything "perfect" again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: March 17, 2017, 11:20:54 AM »
Weird post

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: March 17, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
Weird post

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: March 17, 2017, 09:19:26 PM »
Million thousand mega

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: March 19, 2017, 09:57:42 PM »
31% isn't nearly enough. Get rid of the libtard SS.