Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437946 times)

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2575 on: February 13, 2017, 02:21:34 PM »
You keep going the current politics route and it only exposes how little depth you have.

Sad

WRONG! YOU LIE!

You're the puppet!

(Is that better? Trying to speak your "politics")
untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: February 13, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
You keep going the current politics route and it only exposes how little depth you have.

Sad

WRONG! YOU LIE!

You're the puppet!

Don't recall calling you a liar or a puppet.   But you keep rolling with the same nonsensical shtick that isn't relevant.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: February 13, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »

Sad

WRONG! YOU LIE!

You're the puppet!

Don't recall calling you a liar or a puppet.   But you keep rolling with the same nonsensical shtick that isn't relevant.

You're right, you didn't and it is nonsensical... I'm just trying to speak the language of trump and the gop as you requested.

The reason I said you were wrong, a liar and a puppet is because you spread misinformation that has been debunked numerous time, is considered unreliable, and whose sources disavow them.

It seems as though you will just keeping digging that head further in the sand, clinging to the "news" that makes you feel better.

That's what is really sad, unfortunately.
untuck manhattan

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2578 on: February 13, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
I find Cam's passion about global warming to be very strange and obsessive, cultish.

Is this what all global warming foot soldiers are like?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:07 AM »
I find Cam's passion about global warming to be very strange and obsessive, cultish.

Haha... You and dax are hilarious.

As an expecting parent (and rational human being), I am concerned and passionate about leaving this world better than I found it, in a good position for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, with clean air and water, a vibrant sustainable mixed economy, and with security and peace of mind for many generations to come. Not all that complex really.

Finite fossil fuel growth and business-as-usual/status quo BS when it comes to energy and climate change denialism are unacceptable and incongruent to achieving these goals in the time necessary to succeed or achieve them. I don't care about the Koch Brothers' profits, a small number of coal miners, the car companies, or beef industry. America and the rest of the world will adapt... but there is no time to waste.

That may be "conservative" and "obsessive" of me, but I don't feel the environment, our resources, or our future as a species to be issues to so flippantly ignore.... As trump, the gop, and you knuckle-draggers so blatantly do.

Sorry, I'm not sorry. I'd rather not be on the wrong side of history on this... and I'm sure your grandkids will thank me.
untuck manhattan

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: February 14, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »
Further on the typical lashing out when warmest get caught cooking the books.  A variation of Godwin's law on full display. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4216180/How-trust-global-warming-scientists-asks-David-Rose.html

I only try to trust/read reliable sources... Sorry, try again.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/12/wikipedia-daily-mail-reliability-ban-katherine-maher

wikipedia?  The "Source" that anyone can edit?   

Yep, that's the one... BTW, dailymail is the only source that has been given this designation, however it's not the only one with problems in reliability and reporting.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/feb/13/this-is-why-conservative-media-outlets-like-the-daily-mail-are-unreliable

Cam, in this day an age you can say the same thing about any so called MSM source.   Numerous other MSM get it wrong, a lot.   In fact, if you were to go back to the time when many MSM media sources were building their "go to" reputation, and start doing some research, you can find example after example where they just essentially made crap up.   But no databases or technology or ability to truly fact check them existed.   

In this case, this is the typical response of Warmests when they get caught, repeatedly attack the sources who have exposed them.
Worked in HS debate

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: February 14, 2017, 11:31:58 AM »

As an expecting parent (and rational human being), I am concerned and passionate about leaving this world better than I found it, in a good position for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, with clean air and water, a vibrant sustainable mixed economy, and with security and peace of mind for many generations to come. Not all that complex really.

Finite fossil fuel growth and business-as-usual/status quo BS when it comes to energy and climate change denialism are unacceptable and incongruent to achieving these goals in the time necessary to succeed or achieve them. I don't care about the Koch Brothers' profits, a small number of coal miners, the car companies, or beef industry. America and the rest of the world will adapt... but there is no time to waste.

That may be "conservative" and "obsessive" of me, but I don't feel the environment, our resources, or our future as a species to be issues to so flippantly ignore.... As trump, the gop, and you knuckle-draggers so blatantly do.

Sorry, I'm not sorry. I'd rather not be on the wrong side of history on this... and I'm sure your grandkids will thank me.

Once again, you come at this like we're denialists?   Which is a completely false and incorrect premise to take.

Once again (while you'll never admit it) you're part of the camp that firmly believes that all climate change is exclusively driven by AGW and thus draconian measures must be taken (even though there's literally not one iota of a shred of evidence to indicate that such measures will do anything at all).   We get it, you're part of the sophomoric head line reading (anti-science) crowd who has been indoctrinated into believing that the science is "settled", as if science is ever settled on a system as vast and complex as the Earth's climate.

Also energy poverty is here, and it's only going to get worse partly if not wholly driven by politically oriented "science" driving misguided policy.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: February 14, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »
Further on the typical lashing out when warmest get caught cooking the books.  A variation of Godwin's law on full display. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4216180/How-trust-global-warming-scientists-asks-David-Rose.html

I only try to trust/read reliable sources... Sorry, try again.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/12/wikipedia-daily-mail-reliability-ban-katherine-maher

wikipedia?  The "Source" that anyone can edit?   

Yep, that's the one... BTW, dailymail is the only source that has been given this designation, however it's not the only one with problems in reliability and reporting.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/feb/13/this-is-why-conservative-media-outlets-like-the-daily-mail-are-unreliable

Cam, in this day an age you can say the same thing about any so called MSM source.   Numerous other MSM get it wrong, a lot.   In fact, if you were to go back to the time when many MSM media sources were building their "go to" reputation, and start doing some research, you can find example after example where they just essentially made crap up.   But no databases or technology or ability to truly fact check them existed.   

In this case, this is the typical response of Warmests when they get caught, repeatedly attack the sources who have exposed them.
Worked in HS debate

Good luck rolling with Wikipedia in any debate or paper.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: February 14, 2017, 12:31:59 PM »
Come on, dax. His modest goal of "leaving the world in a better place than he found it" is totally rational and noncomplex, and easily achieved through a common sense draconian anti-fossil fuel tax and spend wealth redistribution initiative administered by legislative proxy to unelected burueacrats, foreign and domestic, that can only result in a substantial increase in basic living expenses for all, reduced wealth, and further reduced opportunity for upward mobility.

That's leftist improved life, liberty and pursuit of happiness [property] in a nice tidy little bow.

JFC, Cam. You sound like a crazy person.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: February 14, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
As a father, I believe it is my responsibility (as a rational adult) to rid the earth of all terminal illness, that's why I support a 100% income tax on all wages in excess of $50,000. Sorry, not sorry.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: February 14, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »
I used to have fun editing KU sports wikipedia pages. Sometimes they would stick for weeks.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: February 14, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »

Ok, a few things here....
1. Calm the eff down, dude.
2. Reread your post and realize you sound a tad hysterical.
3. Understand that restrictions on CO2 don't have anything to do with clean air and water.
4. Understand that we don't have a natural scarcity of natural resources. The "peak oil" hysteria has been debunked time and again. The only potential scarcity will be imposed by government in the form of higher regulation and taxation.
5. Understand that as a soon to be parent, your top concern for this world should be economic prosperity, which has been far and away the single greatest driver of human prosperity.

To sum up, it sounds like you want a world of self-imposed less for your child. Less energy, because it's more expensive. Smaller homes. Smaller cars. Fewer opportunities. You basically want your kid to grow up in Europe but without the good food and cool historic Europe stuff. And that's really freaking sad. Give your child a life of plenty, and a mindset of plenty. Not a bunch of self-imposed rationing over a fear of increasing the temperature of the planet 1 degree C over the next century.

And congrats on becoming a dad. It is really hard but totally awesome. Boy or girl?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:40:06 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: February 15, 2017, 05:43:09 AM »
“Even in 1990 no one at MIT called themselves a ‘climate scientist’ and then all of a sudden everyone was. They only entered it because of the bucks; they realized it was a gravy train. You have to get it back to the people who only care about the science.”

“Climate science has been set back two generations, and they have destroyed its intellectual foundations.”

Richard Lindzen,  Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at MIT

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: February 15, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
Sounds like that someone who makes me uncomfortable has been triggered
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:32 AM »
Mother Nature: More powerful than humans - Warmest Propagandists (the new denialists) too work diligently to refute

(Note:  Source not Cam or Wikipedia approved)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4226566/Scientists-discover-massive-reservoir-greenhouse-gases.html?ito=email_share_mobile-masthead

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: February 16, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »
Mother Nature: More powerful than humans - Warmest Propagandists (the new denialists) too work diligently to refute

(Note:  Source not Cam or Wikipedia approved)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4226566/Scientists-discover-massive-reservoir-greenhouse-gases.html?ito=email_share_mobile-masthead

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2591 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
Tapped out quick, sad

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: February 16, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
Tapped out quick, sad
No, you're just too rough ridin' stupid to realize that adding to our understanding of the climate system doesn't refute what we already theorize.  This has been explained to you before. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: February 16, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
Also  :lol: Daily Mail that can't even be cited on wikipedia anymore.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: February 16, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
Tapped out quick, sad
No, you're just too rough ridin' stupid to realize that adding to our understanding of the climate system doesn't refute what we already theorize.  This has been explained to you before.

Classic whackadoo, not once have I ever said not to continue to research.  But research to help embolden a political agenda is not real science.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: February 16, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »
If the ocean loses its oxygen it becomes just hydrogen and turns into the sun  :runaway:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: February 17, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »
Is this the same crisis as the "acidification of the oceans" from last year, or new crisis. Hard to keep up with the crisis. Pretty sure that's still where we think all the global warming is hiding, tho.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:02 PM »
Is this the same crisis as the "acidification of the oceans" from last year, or new crisis. Hard to keep up with the crisis. Pretty sure that's still where we think all the global warming is hiding, tho.

Yeah, what was I thinking...

These dweebs chicken-littles, with all their fancy "science", "expert consensus", "book learning", "studies", "facts", and last but not least "data".

I think i'm finally coming around to your "alternative facts" and "fake news", dax/ksuw/FSD. I'm even starting to see where these skin-heads and foil-hats are coming from on Breitbart and Infowars. They are really onto something. Its the jews, immigrants, progressives, liberal, moderate republicans, women, blacks, latinos, democrats, President Obama, Michelle Obama, Elizabeth Warren, millennials, snowflakes, cucks, bernie sanders and city dwellers (urbans) that are destroying this country. Not trump, bannon, scott pruitt, rex tillerson, the gop cowards, russian COLUSION, racists, bigots, misogynists, ignorants, and the lobbyists.

Oil and gas? Practically showering in that crap now. I can't believe I even thought for a second that there was better/cleaner/more sustainable technology out there.

Global warming/climate change? Not a big deal... its just the weather everyday into eternity... I only care about me, here and now, and monday night football, my guns, and his lord and savior jesus christ.

Speaking of... if anything does happen eventually we can just pray and everything will be ok, gods will/plan and all.

I sure am sleeping better now after I came over to your guys side here, dax/ksuw/FSD. I feel silly I even questioned the fringe religious right/conservative narrative.

Must be all those communist professors at k-state (in the middle of the heartland) brainwashing and indoctrinating me with their "European propaganda".

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:31:17 PM by camKSU »
untuck manhattan

The Big Train

« Reply #2599 on: February 17, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »
Dax must be thrilled Pruitt is finally confirmed