Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437869 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2425 on: January 25, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »
You two are just the cutest.    :thumbsup:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: January 25, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »
No, he probably knows what a hoax is I guess. I'm pretty sure he has applied that tag to 9/11 and the holocaust before
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #2427 on: January 25, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »
Nothing to see here, just your average giant tornado outbreak in January

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/status/824324485075451904

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: January 25, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »
No, he probably knows what a hoax is I guess. I'm pretty sure he has applied that tag to 9/11 and the holocaust before

It really sucks when you become a passive aggressive (but still angry) little douchebag. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: January 25, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »
Nothing to see here, just your average giant tornado outbreak in January

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/status/824324485075451904

A state like Florida has fairly erratic but continual tornado activity throughout the year, with tropical season favored as a peak

ustornadoes.com

The Southeastern U.S. has the highest number of tornadoes in the U.S. in the months of Jan-Feb-March.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:43 AM »
In Federal Fiscal Year 2013 Federal Subsidies for wind and solar were nearly $11 billion dollars, for fossil fuels they were $3.5 billion, when you add in bio-fuel subsidies and other renewables, they collectively dwarfed fossil fuel subsidies.

Dax... I know you wholeheartedly support the best ideas when it comes to who employs the most americans and preserving energy independence. Well this recent news must really chaff your bung hole then, because Rick Perry's latest brilliant plan is both regressive and light on details, but also a move towards more dependence on foreign energy.

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/30/trumps-america-first-energy-plan-actually-leaves-america-behind/
untuck manhattan

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: January 31, 2017, 02:19:51 PM »
Well, we should be seeing a lot of science denier scientists now that the president and epa guys are like dax and on the #hoax train #gottagetthatfunding

I don't think it's a hoax, I've said that before, but then again, you're kind of dumb.

Sad

So dax... Trumps advisers say climate change isn't real and even if it is, it's no big deal. What gives with these scalawags?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/30/green-movement-greatest-threat-freedom-says-trump-adviser-myron-ebell?CMP=share_btn_tw
untuck manhattan

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2434 on: January 31, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »
Climate change is not a big deal.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: January 31, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »

Care to elaborate on that profound opinion, Fake Sugar Dick?

:bwpopcorn:
untuck manhattan

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: February 01, 2017, 12:09:19 PM »

I know these are european, scientists, that have fancy book-learning degrees, but it seems like this could be a pretty big deal.

Sure seems like something that we should try and mitigate and lessen in terms of impact... What do I know though, I don't read breitbart or listen to alex jones for my science "news or knowledge".

:dunno:

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/news/global-flood-risk-increase-five-fold-4-temperature-rise
untuck manhattan

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: February 01, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »

I know these are european, scientists, that have fancy book-learning degrees, but it seems like this could be a pretty big deal.

Sure seems like something that we should try and mitigate and lessen in terms of impact... What do I know though, I don't read breitbart or listen to alex jones for my science "news or knowledge".

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/news/global-flood-risk-increase-five-fold-4-temperature-rise

Not worried. Al Gore bought a home on the coast a few years ago.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: February 02, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »

Not worried. Al Gore bought a home on the coast a few years ago.

So let me get this straight... You'll take climate change/energy advice based off of real estate purchases by a millionaire (who if he lost the property wouldn't be affected in the slightest), but not the vast majority of scientists, the pentagon, or the international community?

Oh. Ok... Well I guess full-steam ahead, burn, baby, burn then.

:bang:

rough ridin' idiot knuckle-draggers

untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: February 02, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »
Cam, you seem like you're a little uptight, and remember, not all climate change is AGW.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: February 02, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »
Cam, you seem like you're a little uptight, and remember, not all climate change is AGW.

Haha... you're like a broken record or flawed computer software, Dax. I understand it's hard to process how flawed your "logic" is but you can't constantly tell other posters they are "melting down", "angry", or "stressed" when you are proven wrong or your argument falls apart. Maybe try and mix it up a bit, if for no other reason than to keep your material fresh.

Trump, the GOP, and the oil and gas industry are driving the country (and planet) right off a rough ridin' cliff all so that they can secure their profits, bonuses, and golden parachutes. But here's the deal... they may not live to see the consequences of their actions but the rest of us (and our children and grandchildren) will. 70% of the worlds population lives along coastlines, rising seas will affect them. Extreme weather will affect food production for everyone. Drastic changes to the planet's climate will wipe out ecosystems and habitats. To say that the planets climate has always changed and thus we shouldn't care that we are accelerating it, is asinine. No matter how much money you accumulate, or how secure your bunker is... if the rest of the world suffers, eventually you will too.

Then again maybe I'm just stressed thinking about all the damage/havoc trump and his ilk are reeking on the rest of us that have to actually live in reality... not Bannon's wet dreams.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:07:29 PM by camKSU »
untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2441 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »
Okay there Cam.  Let's just shut off the tap and turn it over to ultra inefficient "green energy" and watch the economy and standard of living collapse before our eyes. 

All for the sake of an invisible gas that no warmest propagandist can accurately tell us (or ever hope to) what the best PPM of its presence is in our atmosphere. 

Sadly, the credibility of warmest propagandist is shot when they try to lay everything at the feet of AGW.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: February 02, 2017, 10:08:38 PM »
The average solar panel now costs around 75% less than it did just five years ago and continues to fall despite the total decimation of the heavily subsidized US solar manufacturing industry.

Dax doesn't want to invest in green energy even though the investment is paying off.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: February 02, 2017, 10:13:47 PM »
Clean tech costs have fallen 41–94% over the past 7 years.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2444 on: February 02, 2017, 10:15:34 PM »
You're looking at the cost of capital and output and not looking at its ability to meet the energy requirements of the Information Age and logistical and subsistence  needs of 7 billion people

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: February 03, 2017, 02:50:15 PM »
Okay there Cam.  Let's just shut off the tap and turn it over to ultra inefficient "green energy" and watch the economy and standard of living collapse before our eyes. 

All for the sake of an invisible gas that no warmest propagandist can accurately tell us (or ever hope to) what the best PPM of its presence is in our atmosphere. 

Sadly, the credibility of warmest propagandist is shot when they try to lay everything at the feet of AGW.

They really are the warmest of propagandists.  None warmer, really.

The Big Train

« Reply #2446 on: February 03, 2017, 03:29:32 PM »
You're looking at the cost of capital and output and not looking at its ability to meet the energy requirements of the Information Age and logistical and subsistence  needs of 7 billion people

What percentage of those 7 billion actually benefit from the way things are now?  Wouldn't a renewable energy source, for example solar(which is infinite in our timescale) benefit a much higher percentage?  I mean eff all the rest who can't afford, or have the capacity to take advantage of fossil fuels, right?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: February 03, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »

What percentage of those 7 billion actually benefit from the way things are now?  Wouldn't a renewable energy source, for example solar(which is infinite in our timescale) benefit a much higher percentage?  I mean eff all the rest who can't afford, or have the capacity to take advantage of fossil fuels, right?

Nobody who can't afford electricity from fossil fuels is going to be able to afford it from solar.

The Big Train

« Reply #2448 on: February 03, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »

Nobody who can't afford electricity from fossil fuels is going to be able to afford it from solar.

Did you not see the drop in price?  The better it gets the cheaper it will be in the long run. At some point it will cost less.  If we don't do anything to advance it that never happens.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: February 03, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »

Did you not see the drop in price?  The better it gets the cheaper it will be in the long run. At some point it will cost less.  If we don't do anything to advance it that never happens.

It seems like what we are doing now is working just fine, then.