Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437763 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2375 on: January 07, 2017, 11:02:32 AM »
I really enjoy that experts are not only not experts buy can't be trusted because they make their money by being an expert.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2376 on: January 07, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »
It was on NPR, so you retards have to believe it.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 07, 2017, 12:52:08 PM »
Today has been a good day.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: January 20, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »
At 11:59 am eastern, the official White House website had a lengthy information page about the threat of climate change and the steps the federal government had taken to fight it. At noon, at the instant Donald Trump took office, the page was gone, as well as any mention of climate change or global warming.

It’s customary for www.whitehouse.gov to flip over to the new administration exactly at noon, but the only mention of climate on President Trump’s new website is under his “America First Energy Plan” page, in which he vows to destroy President Obama’s Climate Action Plan, which is a government-wide plan to reduce carbon emissions and address climate change. To reiterate: It is normal that the site is completely new; it is notable that climate change is not mentioned on any one of Trump's new pages.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/all-references-to-climate-change-have-been-deleted-from-the-white-house-website

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 20, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
At 11:59 am eastern, the official White House website had a lengthy information page about the threat of climate change and the steps the federal government had taken to fight it. At noon, at the instant Donald Trump took office, the page was gone, as well as any mention of climate change or global warming.

It’s customary for www.whitehouse.gov to flip over to the new administration exactly at noon, but the only mention of climate on President Trump’s new website is under his “America First Energy Plan” page, in which he vows to destroy President Obama’s Climate Action Plan, which is a government-wide plan to reduce carbon emissions and address climate change. To reiterate: It is normal that the site is completely new; it is notable that climate change is not mentioned on any one of Trump's new pages.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/all-references-to-climate-change-have-been-deleted-from-the-white-house-website

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/rogue-scientists-race-save-climate-data-trump/

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: January 20, 2017, 02:37:04 PM »
The data would probably be easier to protect if more of it had been made public, huh? For some odd reason government scientists have been oddly reluctant to disclose their data.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/29/noaa-withholds-climate-documents-from-congress/
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 20, 2017, 03:13:55 PM »
The data would probably be easier to protect if more of it had been made public, huh? For some odd reason government scientists have been oddly reluctant to disclose their data.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/29/noaa-withholds-climate-documents-from-congress/

NOAA and government funded climate scientists have been some of the worst violators of congressional subpoenas and FOIA requests in the country  over the last 8 years.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: January 20, 2017, 03:33:53 PM »
Banner day for the anti-science community
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: January 20, 2017, 03:38:26 PM »
Weird how so many climate scientists don't want the entirety of the data and findings reviewed.   But it's not new, they've been hiding behind bureaucracy for nearly two decades now.

Circumventing the rule of law ='s "Science"

Sad

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: January 23, 2017, 10:27:57 AM »
Typical temp station siting issue of the type that is discovered all the time.

Awhile back I told a story as relayed from Bro, who works for gub.   He said NOAA et. al. wanted to install a temp station on the side of a metal building that is bathed in sunlight during the warmest months of the year.   Even the hardcore lib scientists at the facility trolled them so hard, they never heard from NOAA again in regards to the matter.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: January 23, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »
Imagine being so ignorant that you think science has a political bias. Amazing really

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 23, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
Imagine being so ignorant that you think science has a political bias. Amazing really

Imagine being so ignorant that you don't understand that scientists largely funded by the government have a vested self interest in propagating certain things in order to keep their funding. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 23, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »
Damn all those scientists that took blow torches to the polar ice caps while we were sleeping. I bet theNavy SEALs were impressed by how stealth they were

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 23, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
Damn all those scientists that took blow torches to the polar ice caps while we were sleeping. I bet theNavy SEALs were impressed by how stealth they were

Tapout noted.

If you want to believe temp monitoring stations installed on roofs next to HVAC units, installed on the sides of metal sunlight buildings, and right next to asphalt parking lots etc. etc, great.   But don't be anti-intellectual and not * the data extensively. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: January 23, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »
dax, you get seriously pissed off about a pic you found on the internet and a story from your brother while totally ignoring satellite photos of disintegrating icecaps. that makes you look really dumb.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 23, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »
Just alternative fact'n

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 23, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »
Typical temp station siting issue of the type that is discovered all the time.

Awhile back I told a story as relayed from Bro, who works for gub.   He said NOAA et. al. wanted to install a temp station on the side of a metal building that is bathed in sunlight during the warmest months of the year.   Even the hardcore lib scientists at the facility trolled them so hard, they never heard from NOAA again in regards to the matter.

That's what passes for science in the hyper-partisan politically charged global warming debate non-debate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 23, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »
dax, you get seriously pissed off about a pic you found on the internet and a story from your brother while totally ignoring satellite photos of disintegrating icecaps. that makes you look really dumb.

By implication you are saying that this is the first time in all climate history that the ice caps have disintegrated.   First off, thankfully the Ice Caps have "disintegrated" substantially over world history, or it's highly likely that neither you or I are here to even have this fantastic conversation.

Next, the problem that all warmist have is that they want to lay all supposedly extraordinary climate events (of which many if not all have been found to be with substantial precedence over climatic history) solely and exclusively at the feet of AGW, which is nonsense.

Last (and for example) two Sat Temp sets of data indicate that at best (or worst) 2016 was the warmest year since 1998 and it's highly unlikely to be the "Warmest Year Ever" (or since we actually started taking semi decent Temp readings and recording them in a semi decent fashion about 150 years ago aka a tiny fraction of Earth's climatic history).  Not to mention the substantial and strong La Nina pattern which started around the Spring of 2016.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:17:52 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 23, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »

CONSPIRACY

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 23, 2017, 04:41:10 PM »

By implication you are saying that this is the first time in all climate history that the ice caps have disintegrated.   First off, thankfully the Ice Caps have "disintegrated" substantially over world history, or it's highly likely that neither you or I are here to even have this fantastic conversation.

Next, the problem that all warmist have is that they want to lay all supposedly extraordinary climate events (of which many if not all have been found to be with substantial precedence over climatic history) solely and exclusively at the feet of AGW, which is nonsense.

Last (and for example) two Sat Temp sets of data indicate that at best (or worst) 2016 was the warmest year since 1998 and it's highly unlikely to be the "Warmest Year Ever" (or since we actually started taking semi decent Temp readings and recording them in a semi decent fashion about 150 years ago aka a tiny fraction of Earth's climatic history).  Not to mention the substantial and strong La Nina pattern which started around the Spring of 2016.

Anyone else notice how awesome it is we can say with absolute crystal certainty that the Ice Caps have disintegrated substantially over world history....yet average temperature readings can only be ascertained for approximately the last 150 years? 

Pretty amazing if you ask me that we can know that Ice Caps existed and then disintegrated over the whole history of the planet yet the cause for said disintegration is apparently unknown since temperature data only exists for the past 150 years or so.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 23, 2017, 04:43:26 PM »
The temperature doesn't have to hit a new record every year for global warming to be real.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 23, 2017, 04:44:28 PM »
The temperature doesn't have to hit a new record every year for global warming to be real.

Who said global warming (or cooling) wasn't real? The Earth has been warming (and cooling) since its inception.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 23, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »
sounds like something a "scientist" would claim

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 23, 2017, 04:50:40 PM »

Anyone else notice how awesome it is we can say with absolute crystal certainty that the Ice Caps have disintegrated substantially over world history....yet average temperature readings can only be ascertained for approximately the last 150 years? 

Pretty amazing if you ask me that we can know that Ice Caps existed and then disintegrated over the whole history of the planet yet the cause for said disintegration is apparently unknown since temperature data only exists for the past 150 years or so.

So we had actual real time temp readings and recording across the globe 200 years ago?   Strange, I wonder why so many have said we've only kind of gotten that capability in the last, oh, 30 years or so, give or take.

Whereas Ice Caps left an undeniable geologic footprint that's visible with the naked eye. 

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: January 23, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

So we had actual real time temp readings and recording across the globe 200 years ago?   Strange, I wonder why so many have said we've only kind of gotten that capability in the last, oh, 30 years or so, give or take.

Whereas Ice Caps left an undeniable geologic footprint that's visible with the naked eye.

So, then you ARE acknowledging that you don't have even the slightest clue what the difference between weather and climate is.  Okay then, glad we got that cleared up!

Carry on.