Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437979 times)

The Big Train

Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #2025 on: April 10, 2016, 10:01:34 PM »
You should have FSD or KSUW tell you about the lots of necessary taxes for your own energy

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 10, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »
I'm considering a wind turbine for my home.  Seems like a no brainier.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can sell energy back to the grid in Kansas. It would still be a nice investment.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 10, 2016, 10:56:48 PM »
it's been pretty gd windy lately too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 11, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
What really blows my mind is what we have resident Whackadoodles who don't get that just because the factual realities of energy poverty and copious subsidies to keep so called renewables afloat are discussed, doesn't mean that we shouldn't be moving that direction.    It's just a simple fact that we shouldn't be moving in that direction by forcing the issue down people of lessor means throat and making them economically less viable..   Even though said Whackadoodle continuously uses over the top hyperbole based on a completely unsettled scientific concept to try and scare people. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:15:03 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 11, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
http://notrickszone.com/2015/11/20/german-professor-examines-nasa-giss-temperature-datasets-finds-they-have-been-massively-altered/#sthash.r46T8cQ8.CCUslpPe.dpbs

From the publicly available data, Ewert made an unbelievable discovery: Between the years 2010 and 2012 the data measured since 1881 were altered so that they showed a significant warming, especially after 1950. […] A comparison of the data from 2010 with the data of 2012 shows that NASA-GISS had altered its own datasets so that especially after WWII a clear warming appears – although it never existed.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: April 11, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
New evidence suggests......

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: April 11, 2016, 06:54:27 PM »
http://notrickszone.com/2015/11/20/german-professor-examines-nasa-giss-temperature-datasets-finds-they-have-been-massively-altered/#sthash.r46T8cQ8.CCUslpPe.dpbs

From the publicly available data, Ewert made an unbelievable discovery: Between the years 2010 and 2012 the data measured since 1881 were altered so that they showed a significant warming, especially after 1950. […] A comparison of the data from 2010 with the data of 2012 shows that NASA-GISS had altered its own datasets so that especially after WWII a clear warming appears – although it never existed.

No Tricks Zone? Impeccable reference :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: April 11, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »

It was quoting a specific article in a German publication.    So you're going down the Whackadoodle path of impugning the source but not the information it presents?   :lol: classic

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: April 11, 2016, 07:11:17 PM »
Dax what kind of residential wind turbine should I get?  Honeywell has this pretty great one that goes on the roof that they collaborated with a company named windtronics. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: April 11, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »
Dax what kind of residential wind turbine should I get?  Honeywell has this pretty great one that goes on the roof that they collaborated with a company named windtronics.

Solar, dumbass

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: April 11, 2016, 07:17:12 PM »
Why solar?  It's really cloudy in Kansas all the time.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: April 11, 2016, 07:18:21 PM »
Why solar?  It's really cloudy in Kansas all the time.

Move

The Big Train

If the models are all wrong
« Reply #2037 on: April 11, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »
I could have made like a million dollars from a turbine over the past week

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 11, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »
Yea TBT I don't know why Dax is being a jerk about it.  O well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 11, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »
Bird killers

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: April 11, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »

It was quoting a specific article in a German publication.    So you're going down the Whackadoodle path of impugning the source but not the information it presents?   :lol: classic

A political blog, when translated, named "Axis of Good." Impeccable reference.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 11, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »
Tapping out so easily Bucket?

Sad

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 11, 2016, 08:19:36 PM »
I think notrickszone.com is actually a parody site
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 11, 2016, 08:26:02 PM »
Lawrence Hunter commented in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, the authors of weblogs had " the concerns of the American neocons " written on the flags. "Pretty rabid anti-Islamism " stand next to numerous skeptical climate submissions.
In an essay on the subject of Islamophobia Sabine Schiffer classified The axis of good one as " anti-Islamic " website.
The later co-author Hannes Stein characterized the axis of the good as the main actor of a "liberal parallel universe ", which stands near the American neoconservatism.

The Axis of Good sounds like it'd be right up your alley, dax.

Why didn't Fox News scoop this story? Got dang liberal media suppressing the truth!  :curse:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2044 on: April 11, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »
For good reason, nobody actually gaf about global climate warming change.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 11, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »
Lawrence Hunter commented in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, the authors of weblogs had " the concerns of the American neocons " written on the flags. "Pretty rabid anti-Islamism " stand next to numerous skeptical climate submissions.
In an essay on the subject of Islamophobia Sabine Schiffer classified The axis of good one as " anti-Islamic " website.
The later co-author Hannes Stein characterized the axis of the good as the main actor of a "liberal parallel universe ", which stands near the American neoconservatism.

Why didn't Fox News scoop this story? Got dang liberal media suppressing the truth!  :curse:

:lol: so just because a couple of people no one has heard have an opinion on a website, that immediately makes it lack credibility, and anything that they reference lacks credibility?   Thanks for the comedy bucket.   :lol:   

If it's not from Salon, it ain't crap, right bucket?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 11, 2016, 09:03:32 PM »
To be fair to bucket, he's a dutiful foot shoulder of a political party who knows nothing other than kill the messenger.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 11, 2016, 09:47:51 PM »

So how do you account for things which are directly observable like snowpacks in the Sierra Nevadas being a fraction of what they were, well pretty much less snow on all mountain ranges, warmer sea temps, and less snow and ice on the north pole?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 11, 2016, 10:13:12 PM »

:lol: so just because a couple of people no one has heard have an opinion on a website, that immediately makes it lack credibility, and anything that they reference lacks credibility?   Thanks for the comedy bucket.   :lol:   

If it's not from Salon, it ain't crap, right bucket?

Yes, when someone, who no one has heard of, posts an opinion on a blog advancing an agenda and that opinion pushes said agenda it lacks credibility.