Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437846 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1900 on: December 16, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »
http://scienceblogs.com/significantfigures/index.php/2015/12/09/everything-senator-ted-cruz-said-about-climate-change-in-this-npr-interview-was-wrong/

Always great to find people saying the same things you are.  The only way to accept the Cruz/Dax position is to totally reject the scientific method.

You mean THIS Peter Gleick?

Heartland Institute incident

On February 20, 2012, Gleick announced he was responsible for the unauthorized distribution of documents from The Heartland Institute in mid-February. Gleick claimed he had received "an anonymous document in the mail describing what appeared to be details of the Heartland Institute's climate program strategy", and in trying to verify the authenticity of the document, had "solicited and received additional materials directly from the Heartland Institute under someone else's name". Responding to the leak, The Heartland Institute said one of the documents released, a two-page 'Strategy Memo', had been forged. Gleick denied forging the document. Gleick described his actions as "a serious lapse of my own and professional judgment and ethics" and said that he "deeply regret[ted his] own actions in this case" and "offer[ed his] personal apologies to all those affected". He stated that "My judgment was blinded by my frustration with the ongoing efforts – often anonymous, well-funded, and coordinated – to attack climate science and scientists and prevent this debate, and by the lack of transparency of the organizations involved." On February 24 he wrote to the board of the Pacific Institute requesting a "temporary short-term leave of absence" from the Institute. The Board of Directors stated it was "deeply concerned regarding recent events" involving Gleick and the Heartland documents, and appointed a new Acting Executive Director on February 27.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 16, 2015, 11:15:05 PM »
http://scienceblogs.com/significantfigures/index.php/2015/12/09/everything-senator-ted-cruz-said-about-climate-change-in-this-npr-interview-was-wrong/

Always great to find people saying the same things you are.  The only way to accept the Cruz/Dax position is to totally reject the scientific method.

And THIS...

CRUZ: Of course there will be alternative energies. We will have innovation. And I promise you this. The alternative energy innovations are not going to come from Washington. They’re not going to come from the cronyism of this town. They’re not going to come from Solyndra because when Washington does that, they allocate money based on political concerns, not based on what is necessary. I fully expect in a hundred years, or maybe 50 years, or maybe even 10 or 20 years – I mean, change can be very rapid. And I am excited to see where that goes. But it will come from the private sector, not from government.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 16, 2015, 11:26:20 PM »
'lemy is such a great addition to the pit :grin:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1903 on: December 20, 2015, 02:52:03 AM »
Federal scientist bro shared an anecdote about how NOAA wanted to install a weather station on the side of a metal shed at his lab and the scientists there PI'd them so hard for their stupidity they never heard from them again.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 20, 2015, 06:24:11 AM »
Federal scientist bro shared an anecdote about how NOAA wanted to install a weather station on the side of a metal shed at his lab and the scientists there PI'd them so hard for their stupidity they never heard from them again.
Get your bro to post here! (Where does he work?)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: December 30, 2015, 12:42:13 PM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 01, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »
Lol, WTF is EDN whackadoodle talking about now? 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 15, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 23, 2016, 11:55:05 PM »
Damn east coast global warming.  Where is Al Gore?   Won't see his white butt until the summer.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 24, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »
Renocat doesn't understand global warming (shocked)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 18, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »
Sure is warm today

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 12, 2016, 07:52:13 AM »
http://reverbpress.com/news/this-bankruptcy-filing-proves-big-coal-funded-climate-change-denial-groups-all-along/

Oh no that big scientific grant money is really out there to slander big coal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 12, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
Conspiracy! Denialists!

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 12, 2016, 04:35:55 PM »
Conspiracy! Denialists!
Here is the.sacrificial pig Obama will sue as.a.warmer.denier.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 13, 2016, 04:35:46 AM »
Paper trail proving that these groups who "took down" these scientists in your mind being linked to big energy, who has an order of magnitude more money on the line, but we'll still say it's that big green energy dollar driving this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 13, 2016, 08:31:26 AM »
Imagine that, an energy company fighting back against the millions being pumped into various government agencies and research entities with clear ideological and political bias.

Government entities that when challenged repeatedly and continuously thwart if not outright ignore FOIA requests and Congressional subpoenas. 

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 13, 2016, 12:11:06 PM »
There should be no surprise in coal companies funding research that protects what they believe just as there's no surprise in liberal democrat-led government giving grants to scientists who support their big-government agenda, or in giving half a billion dollars to companies like Solyndra that turned around and gave money back to Democrats running for office.  Even this left-leaning resource admitted it happened...

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2011/nov/15/americans-prosperity/solyndra-ad-president-barack-obama-taxpayer-money/

You want to fear something? Fear this...

http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/10/attorney-general-lynch-looking-into-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers/

We're back to Galileo being jailed for not believing the earth was the center of the universe!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 13, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
Imagine that, an energy company fighting back against the millions being pumped into various government agencies and research entities with clear ideological and political bias.

Government entities that when challenged repeatedly and continuously thwart if not outright ignore FOIA requests and Congressional subpoenas.

Dear Dax,
Billions and trillions are bigger than millions. 

Also I'll wait for you to prove with anything more than a gif showing reasonable scientific adjustments to temp data to prove 97% of scientists are wrong.  But I'm sure all those thousands are lying through their teeth foe that million dollar pie.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1918 on: March 13, 2016, 08:35:53 PM »
We're so sure of our "science" no one can see it . . . The Government

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 14, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »
This sentence doesn't make sense.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: March 14, 2016, 09:03:14 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 14, 2016, 09:25:09 AM »
Gonna be very warm today

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 14, 2016, 11:24:05 AM »
This sentence doesn't make sense.

Yes it does

http://www.climatechangedispatch.com/no-global-warming-for-58-years-what-the-government-is-hiding.html
lol at posting a "news source" with data being hosted on WordPress sites.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 14, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 14, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
Whackadoodle with his idiotic expenditure talking point.    Millions in ideologically oriented and politicized climate "science" costs has been funded for years already; the facilities, the salaries etc. etc.   Pointing out the actual annual expenditures in research only covers a small portion of the bills taxpayers have already fronted to serve an ideology.