Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 438084 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1850 on: December 08, 2015, 01:05:45 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/asia/china-beijing-pollution-red-alert/

Does this play into the natural warming/cooling cycles of the planet?

Regresocon utopia.

My cousin lives there and has told me the air he breaths daily is equal to smoking 2 packs a day. Amazing that regresocons want that for the US

It should be noted again, that this patently idiotic and ignorant commentary started this subsequent idiotic dialogue. And none of the resident libtards identified how stupid the above comments are, which, in my book, makes them stupid ny association.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 08, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »
This discussion took a hilarious turn. There are people here who honestly didn't know the difference bw CO2 and smog.

They also apparently don't know that we've had the Clean Air Act of 1990 since... 1990. Which appropriately focused on reducing harmful particulate air pollution. At least until 2011, when the EPA added CO2 by regulation. Because "climate change."

Hey libtards. If you want to talk CO2 and climate change, fine. Just don't wrap it in the mantle of "clean air." That's rough ridin' stupid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 08, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
So, libtards think global warming is causing smog in a city in china. #partyofscience

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 08, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
This discussion took a hilarious turn. There are people here who honestly didn't know the difference bw CO2 and smog.

They also apparently don't know that we've had the Clean Air Act of 1990 since... 1990. Which appropriately focused on reducing harmful particulate air pollution. At least until 2011, when the EPA added CO2 by regulation. Because "climate change."

Hey libtards. If you want to talk CO2 and climate change, fine. Just don't wrap it in the mantle of "clean air." That's rough ridin' stupid.

No one thinks that.  also, the link was in china, not in US.  Climate change is being discussed as a global problem, btw.  Pollution goes somewhere, other than what gets sucked up by the inhabitants(LOL, apparently). 

Reframe how you wish. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 08, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »
Look at this regresocon meltdown, my goodness  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 08, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
Guys, I stand corrected. Apparently we've got a real problem with CO2 polluting our air. We have to clean up our air, pronto. STOP CO2!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 08, 2015, 01:23:17 PM »
Really though, I think the alarming level of dihydrogen monoxide routinely found in our municpal water supplies is of greater concern.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 08, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
Since C02 isn't an issue, maybe our resident necons will seal themselves in a room and open a few tanks. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 08, 2015, 01:27:11 PM »
Really though, I think the alarming level of dihydrogen monoxide routinely found in our municpal water supplies is of greater concern.

The dihydrogen monoxide stunt that kid pulled was pretty great. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 08, 2015, 01:27:35 PM »
Since C02 isn't an issue, maybe our resident necons will seal themselves in a room and open a few tanks.

How much has CO2 content increased in our atmosphere? I'd be willing to release a similar increase into a sealed room. I'll prolly be fine.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: December 08, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »
The libtards are really tilting a windmill with this co2 smog stuff.  Ignorance/insanity is bliss, I suppose.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 08, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »

How much has CO2 content increased in our atmosphere? I'd be willing to release a similar increase into a sealed room. I'll prolly be fine.

Ok, I just looked it up on the Google, and apparently the atmosphere is currently about .04% CO2 (that's 4/100s of 1 percent). Around 1800, the atmosphere was about .03% CO2 (that's 3/100s of a 1 percent). So a 1/100 of 1 percent increase.

CO2 gets toxic when it gets to about 3% (that's 3 whole perctage points - not the 1/100th of a percent mentioned above).

Are you guys following the math? So basically, I'll be Ok in Edna's sealed room. I'm more likely to die of drought, starving polar bears, skin cancer, terrorism, or any of the other things blamed on global warming.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 08, 2015, 02:13:21 PM »

Ok, I just looked it up on the Google, and apparently the atmosphere is currently about .04% CO2 (that's 4/100s of 1 percent). Around 1800, the atmosphere was about .03% CO2 (that's 3/100s of a 1 percent). So a 1/100 of 1 percent increase.

That's a 33% increase.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 08, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
 :ROFL:Look at PLJB logic . . . wanting highly unethical and probably illegal sue and settle that is done by the EPA in conjunction with special interests stopped ='s no clean air or water.

PLJB logic!!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:29:11 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 08, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »

That's a 33% increase.

Yes, that's a much scarier sounding number. But as a percentage of the atmosphere, which was the point of Edna's silly little exercise, we're talking an increase of 1/100 of 1 percent. By the way, this increase is supposedly what's causing "climate change."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 08, 2015, 02:38:47 PM »

That's a 33% increase.

Yes, that's a much scarier sounding number. But as a percentage of the atmosphere, which was the point of Edna's silly little exercise, we're talking an increase of 1/100 of 1 percent. By the way, this increase is supposedly what's causing "climate change."

No, as a percentage of the atmosphere, we're talking an increase of 33%.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1866 on: December 08, 2015, 03:13:44 PM »
gE is having all sorts of trouble with percents this week

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentage_point

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 08, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »
Since the sum of percents must equal 100% we probably need to figure out what .1% of atmospheric gas has been displaced by co2. That could also be causing climate change!!!!! :Rusty:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 08, 2015, 03:46:58 PM »

That's a 33% increase.

You're either being dense or quibbling over semantics. The percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere has increased by 1/100th of 1 percent, from .03% to .04%. That's a 33% increase in CO2, but the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere has only increased by 0.01%.

Which number is more relevant. Hint: a 33% increase in a really tiny number is still a really tiny number.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 08, 2015, 04:20:30 PM »
what neocons think they're doing

Reality

But oh man, you guys really turned the CO2 thing around on everyone.  What skilled posts!!!! :Woot: :Woot:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 08, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »
And Edna taps out, but points for such an adorable cat! :love:

Ok, now that we've put these smog/CO2 and percentage of CO2 dumbasseries to rest, what's the next hysteria?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 08, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »

That's a 33% increase.

You're either being dense or quibbling over semantics. The percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere has increased by 1/100th of 1 percent, from .03% to .04%. That's a 33% increase in CO2, but the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere has only increased by 0.01%.

Which number is more relevant. Hint: a 33% increase in a really tiny number is still a really tiny number.

It's increased by .01 pp, or 33%. There is a big difference there because percentages are unit-less and coming up with the difference in percentage points that CO2 constitutes in the atmosphere gives you a number that means nothing at all. It's like saying the decline of the blue whale is insignificant because it made up far less than 1% of all oceanic life in the first place.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 08, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »

That's a 33% increase.

It's increased by .01 pp, or 33%. There is a big difference there because percentages are unit-less and coming up with the difference in percentage points that CO2 constitutes in the atmosphere gives you a number that means nothing at all. It's like saying the decline of the blue whale is insignificant because it made up far less than 1% of all oceanic life in the first place.

Well if a problem was being blamed on the number of blue whales in the ocean.... then yes, it would be like that. I didn't think you were this libtarded!

Again, CO2 is being pointed to by warmers as the primary culprit for global warming (that may or may not actually be happening). So the relevant number to look at is how much has CO2 increased as a percentage of the atmosphere? The answer is .01% - from .03% to .04%

Now, that's a 33% increase in the percentage, but so what? A 33% in a tiny number is still a tiny number. Source: math.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 08, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »

That's a 33% increase.

Well if a problem was being blamed on the number of blue whales in the ocean.... then yes, it would be like that. I didn't think you were this libtarded!

Again, CO2 is being pointed to by warmers as the primary culprit for global warming (that may or may not actually be happening). So the relevant number to look at is how much has CO2 increased as a percentage of the atmosphere? The answer is .01% - from .03% to .04%

Now, that's a 33% increase in the percentage, but so what? A 33% in a tiny number is still a tiny number. Source: math.

Is it a tiny number? .01% of a very large number might still be a very large number.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1874 on: December 08, 2015, 04:54:09 PM »
I posted a very informative wikipedia link.