Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 438132 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1675 on: November 12, 2015, 07:02:44 PM »
Don't worry, some kind of pestilence or disaster will trim the population back soon enough.

that's what i always say!
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:18 PM »

It's possible that technology could continue to advance fast enough to sustain future populations. In the meantime, humans have driven more than 300 animal species to extinction in the past 500 years, continue to increase the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, more than half of the world's largest aquifers are being depleted, total acres farmed worldwide are decreasing, and deserts are growing, all while human population is still increasing. The world probably hasn't had a sustainable human population since around 1500.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Tens of thousands of species have gone extinct without man's influence.

CO2 is only 0.038% of the atmosphere today. Man is responsible for only 0.00114% of the CO2 in the planet's atmosphere.

You DO realize that the water on this planet is not being depleted. Water processing is simply a matter of energy, which will be a problem if we do not stop the current administration's war on cheap energy.

America has more new growth forest than ever. We pay farmers today to not grow certain foods.

Actually, if governments and massive entitlement programs continue to grow at their current pace, there won't be enough people to fund the needs of the aging population. Japan is in crisis mode...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/07/japans-birth-rate-problem-is-way-worse-than-anyone-imagined/

Also, China ended their decades old one child policy.

You need to stop worrying about whether the planet will be around for awhile and start worrying about your children and grand children having to pay off your current country's massive debt.

I don't have kids, and I'm not worried about any of that. Mankind should enjoy this while it lasts.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 12, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »

I don't have kids, and I'm not worried about any of that. Mankind should enjoy this while it lasts.

So you're OK with MY kids and grand kids paying off your massive debt?

"THIS" will last for about another 5 billion years - the time for the sun to burn its supply of hydrogen.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 12, 2015, 11:58:56 PM »

"THIS" will last for about another 5 billion years - the time for the sun to burn its supply of hydrogen.

I don't have a massive debt, and yeah, I'm fine with your kids having to deal with global issues, just like every other generation has had to do.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 13, 2015, 12:20:31 AM »
debt seems like it would be easier to deal with than resource scarcity

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: November 13, 2015, 02:13:38 AM »

when they need to pay it off, they'll invent a way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 13, 2015, 07:46:01 AM »
Mother of invention and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 13, 2015, 08:15:52 AM »

I don't have a massive debt, and yeah, I'm fine with your kids having to deal with global issues, just like every other generation has had to do.

The federal unfunded liabilities are estimated at near $127 trillion, which is roughly $1.1 million per taxpayer and nearly double 2012’s total world output.

Will you be paying that by cash or check?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 13, 2015, 08:27:19 AM »

The federal unfunded liabilities are estimated at near $127 trillion, which is roughly $1.1 million per taxpayer and nearly double 2012’s total world output.

Will you be paying that by cash or check?

I will just keep paying the minimum amount the government will let me pay, like I always do. Are you paying extra or something?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:06 AM »

You realize that cranks have been warning about resource scarcity and overpopulation since the 60s, right? The doomsday predictions just never pan out. How's that "Peak Oil" crisis coming along?

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-01/why-paul-ehrlich-s-population-bomb-finally-bombed
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 13, 2015, 08:31:45 AM »

The chance of us lasting 5 billion years is hilariously small
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 13, 2015, 08:39:00 AM »

You realize that cranks have been warning about resource scarcity and overpopulation since the 60s, right? The doomsday predictions just never pan out. How's that "Peak Oil" crisis coming along?

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-01/why-paul-ehrlich-s-population-bomb-finally-bombed

So is your theory that these resources are renewing themselves faster than they are being used, or that mankind won't last long enough to see them become unfeasible?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 13, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »

So is your theory that these resources are renewing themselves faster than they are being used, or that mankind won't last long enough to see them become unfeasible?

My "theory" is that we're always finding new resources, and innovating to produce more with the resources we have. The liklihood of that trend continuing is better than the track record of the fear mongers.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 13, 2015, 10:35:07 AM »

My "theory" is that we're always finding new resources, and innovating to produce more with the resources we have. The liklihood of that trend continuing is better than the track record of the fear mongers.

in that case, we can figure out a debt problem too. I mean, gee whiz, just say we aren't paying if there's some sort of disaster and live off the land with our new technology.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 13, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
Like, money isn't even real, but resources are
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 13, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »
Like, money isn't even real, but resources are

Money is real if you plan on living in a civilized, prosperous society. But if you're assuming all that is going to melt down, then yeah, you're better off stocking up on things like food, water, fuel, and bullets.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 13, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
we have enough wood pulp and cotton fiber to print the national debt 7 trillion times over.  there's no budget problem, you loons.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 13, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »
Greenland has a glacier breaking apart that will raise sea levels by 18" once it melts.  Awesome work guys.  No problems here.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 13, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »
Greenland has a glacier breaking apart that will raise sea levels by 18" once it melts.  Awesome work guys.  No problems here.

When is that going to happen?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 13, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »
Get the topo out and go get some cheap soon to be beachfront property.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: November 13, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »

When is that going to happen?
lots of data released today, so happening now-ish.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 13, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »

Have glaciers in Greenland been a historically static thing? 

Because I know for economic killing warmist alarmist propagandists when they're trying to make a point they suddenly collapse the timeline of climatic history.   But facts dictate that it wasn't all that long ago relative to the history of earth, that Greenland had little to no ice.   Substantial melting and subsequent reformation of Greenlandic Ice Sheets have been noted numerous times throughout history.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 13, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
The speed with which things are changing is what is alarming most scientists, not that it happening. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 13, 2015, 12:38:07 PM »
I think the government should look into this. It's probably too late for this glacier, but we should be ready for the next one.

http://web.mit.edu/12.000/www/m2012/finalwebsite/solution/glaciers.shtml

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 13, 2015, 12:40:36 PM »
The speed with which things are changing is what is alarming most scientists, not that it happening. 

Denmark Ocean and Ice Services has been saying that Greenlandic Ice Growth so far this year has exceeded the mean Growth average of the periods 1990-2011 and that mean growth in 2015 has exceed the previous 4 years.