Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437769 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1650 on: November 10, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
deficit vs debt, dax

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »
You volunteering to start the decline, sys?

i'm doing my part.  god willing, i'll continue.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 11, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 11, 2015, 05:58:17 PM »
War on science continues

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Cold-sun-rising-30272650.html

Many warmist propagandist draconian economy killers have written the impact of the sun entirely out of consideration.   Just as they have repeatedly manipulated historical temp data and written some fairly recent mini-ice ages out of climatic/geological time altogether. 

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 11, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »
there are too many people in the world, i think everyone can agree on that.

No we cannot. Offer some measure of proof of that claim please.

Allow me to retort in advance - you can take the entire current population of the world and relocate them to the state of Texas and the population density would be the same as it is right now in New York City.

We are not overpopulated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 11, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »

Allow me to retort in advance - you can take the entire current population of the world and relocate them to the state of Texas and the population density would be the same as it is right now in New York City.

That is horrible reasoning.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 11, 2015, 08:52:12 PM »

that's not a retort, precisely.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 11, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »

It isn't the amount of space a human displaces, it's the resources it takes to support them and waste that's produced.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 12, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »

It isn't the amount of space a human displaces, it's the resources it takes to support them and waste that's produced.

Are you implying that we have no space for landfills? You can take the next 1000 years of waste from mankind and fit it in one 10 square mile landfill. There's plenty of space.

We are not running out of resources to support life.

I'm still waiting for some form of objective evidence of overpopulation...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 12, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »

Are you implying that we have no space for landfills? You can take the next 1000 years of waste from mankind and fit it in one 10 square mile landfill. There's plenty of space.

Carbon emissions, fossil fuel quantities, farmable land, etc. all play a role. Some regions of the world, including parts of America, are absolutely running out of life-sustaining resources.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 12, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »

lol

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 12, 2015, 08:18:26 AM »
sys, if we stacked people a hundred million high like on huge people pallets the entire population of the earth could fit into like a walmart (not vertically). so I think you can see we don't actually have a population problem.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 12, 2015, 08:37:38 AM »
I think Ptolemy forgot to carry a 1 or something on his landfill calculation.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 12, 2015, 08:40:56 AM »
Get mocat in here
:dance:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 12, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »
i mean i agree with the part about how we can cram more humans onto the earth without everyone immediately dying.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 12, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 12, 2015, 01:27:10 PM »

Carbon emissions, fossil fuel quantities, farmable land, etc. all play a role. Some regions of the world, including parts of America, are absolutely running out of life-sustaining resources.

For how long must the population continue to grow for us to reconsider and think that back in 2015 no the world was not in fact overpopulated at that time?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 12, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »

For how long must the population continue to grow for us to reconsider and think that back in 2015 no the world was not in fact overpopulated at that time?

I guess it depends on how you define "overpopulated". We aren't currently overpopulated in the sense that people aren't dying off left and right, but we are overpopulated in the sense that our current population can't be sustained without significant technological advances.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 12, 2015, 01:41:49 PM »

I guess it depends on how you define "overpopulated". We aren't currently overpopulated in the sense that people aren't dying off left and right, but we are overpopulated in the sense that our current population can't be sustained without significant technological advances.

For how long must this population be sustained for it to achieve sustainability?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 12, 2015, 01:45:57 PM »

For how long must this population be sustained for it to achieve sustainability?

The foreseeable future. When you rely on resources that are becoming less available, like fossil fuels and water, you are not sustainable.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 12, 2015, 01:48:04 PM »
water availability is just a matter of energy.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 12, 2015, 01:50:20 PM »

The foreseeable future. When you rely on resources that are becoming less available, like fossil fuels and water, you are not sustainable.

Some people would argue that technological advancements in fossil fuels are advancing faster than we can consume fossil fuels.  The peak oil theory is complete crap canned, for example.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 12, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »

Some people would argue that technological advancements in fossil fuels are advancing faster than we can consume fossil fuels.  The peak oil theory is complete crap canned, for example.

It's possible that technology could continue to advance fast enough to sustain future populations. In the meantime, humans have driven more than 300 animal species to extinction in the past 500 years, continue to increase the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, more than half of the world's largest aquifers are being depleted, total acres farmed worldwide are decreasing, and deserts are growing, all while human population is still increasing. The world probably hasn't had a sustainable human population since around 1500.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 12, 2015, 06:50:47 PM »

It's possible that technology could continue to advance fast enough to sustain future populations. In the meantime, humans have driven more than 300 animal species to extinction in the past 500 years, continue to increase the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, more than half of the world's largest aquifers are being depleted, total acres farmed worldwide are decreasing, and deserts are growing, all while human population is still increasing. The world probably hasn't had a sustainable human population since around 1500.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Tens of thousands of species have gone extinct without man's influence.

CO2 is only 0.038% of the atmosphere today. Man is responsible for only 0.00114% of the CO2 in the planet's atmosphere.

You DO realize that the water on this planet is not being depleted. Water processing is simply a matter of energy, which will be a problem if we do not stop the current administration's war on cheap energy.

America has more new growth forest than ever. We pay farmers today to not grow certain foods.

Actually, if governments and massive entitlement programs continue to grow at their current pace, there won't be enough people to fund the needs of the aging population. Japan is in crisis mode...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/07/japans-birth-rate-problem-is-way-worse-than-anyone-imagined/

Also, China ended their decades old one child policy.

You need to stop worrying about whether the planet will be around for awhile and start worrying about your children and grand children having to pay off your current country's massive debt.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 12, 2015, 07:00:11 PM »
Don't worry, some kind of pestilence or disaster will trim the population back soon enough.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best