Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429612 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #825 on: May 22, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »
I understand why you repeat it over and over and over....do you understand why your constant use of the phrase makes you look like an idiot that can't participate in a rational conversation?

LOL, I use it because I know it bothers people like you, because the entire notion is simply absurd and it is uttered again and again and again by AGW propagandists who use it like a verbal sledgehammer in an attempt to shout down anyone who disagrees with them. 

One of the very latest examples is a duplicitous billionaire who no doubt has a legion of AGW propagandists standing behind him waving the pom-poms every step of the way. 

The science is settled phrase has been a cornerstone of the effort of AGW propagandists (and by some of the biggest AGW propagandists in the business no less) to silence critics for years. 

But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact."  (I'll give the president the benefit in that he meant AGW Climate Change and didn't mean the generic term: Climate.   Because if he mean just climate and that's it's changing, then that's just like saying water is wet) Pres. Obama State of the Union 2014

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 22, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »
that would make sense if someone here you were responding to was saying that over and over

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 22, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
that would make sense if someone here you were responding to was saying that over and over

It's perfectly applicable to the discussion of the topic, when our own political leaders  and so called leading scientists and pundits toss around the words of "settled" "debate is over" "fact" again and again.   

You're just bothered by how ridiculous their espousal's really are.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 22, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »

It's perfectly applicable to the discussion of the topic, when our own political leaders  and so called leading scientists and pundits toss around the words of "settled" "debate is over" "fact" again and again.   

You're just bothered by how ridiculous their espousal's really are.

ok

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 22, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »
The thing is, I agree with the fact that "Science is settled" is a ridiculous statement when there is no further information attached to it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 22, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
The thing is, I agree with the fact that "Science is settled" is a ridiculous statement when there is no further information attached to it.

it's a stupid talking point.  the oliver clip was slightly funny, but Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  the science is not at all settled.  saying that it is a "fact" is almost as inaccurate as denying that the great preponderance of evidence from multiple sources and lines of investigation suggest that co2 and other human-source greenhouse gases have caused a rapid global-scale climatic warming trend.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #831 on: May 22, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
I've only ever heard "the science is settled" from ksu and Dax types

Looks like we've found ourselves a denier.  Get 'em!!!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 22, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
I understand why you repeat it over and over and over....do you understand why your constant use of the phrase makes you look like an idiot that can't participate in a rational conversation?

LOL, I use it because I know it bothers people like you, because the entire notion is simply absurd and it is uttered again and again and again by AGW propagandists who use it like a verbal sledgehammer in an attempt to shout down anyone who disagrees with them. 

One of the very latest examples is a duplicitous billionaire who no doubt has a legion of AGW propagandists standing behind him waving the pom-poms every step of the way. 

The science is settled phrase has been a cornerstone of the effort of AGW propagandists (and by some of the biggest AGW propagandists in the business no less) to silence critics for years. 

But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact."  (I'll give the president the benefit in that he meant AGW Climate Change and didn't mean the generic term: Climate.   Because if he mean just climate and that's it's changing, then that's just like saying water is wet) Pres. Obama State of the Union 2014

only bad if they are stupid libs  :shakesfist:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 23, 2014, 07:30:28 AM »

it's a stupid talking point.  the oliver clip was slightly funny, but Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  the science is not at all settled.  saying that it is a "fact" is almost as inaccurate as denying that the great preponderance of evidence from multiple sources and lines of investigation suggest that co2 and other human-source greenhouse gases have caused a rapid global-scale climatic warming trend.

:D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 23, 2014, 10:08:33 AM »
Climate change spending is already more than one Manhattan Project every year (or 7 times DARPA annual budget)

IPCC wants almost a trillion per year to be spent through 2030 and then to increase spending to over a trillion per year.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2014/05/climate-change-spending-is-already-more.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:15:47 AM by illBisonYourdele »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #836 on: May 23, 2014, 10:12:28 AM »
lol wut

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/pat-sajak-climate-change_n_5358656.html

I like to imagine that Pat Sajak as one that spends his days drunk and pantsless, reading the Drudge, and then going to Tweet about it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 23, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
World Drought Status for the last 30 years:

D0 (yellow) = abnormally dry; D1 (orange) = moderate drought, D4 (red) is extreme drought.

http://www.nature.com/articles/sdata20141

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 23, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
There has been a lot of talk about the western antarctic ice sheet melting while the rest of Antarctica is under record ice, which nobody has been able to explain other than global warming may be causing more wind and warm water currents, but that's just a guess.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/131118-antarctica-volcano-earthquakes-erupt-sea-level-rise-science/

A newly discovered volcano found buried beneath a thick layer of ice in Antarctica could speed up ice loss and raise global sea levels when it erupts, scientists say.

The finding, detailed in the current issue of Nature Geoscience, marks the first time that an active volcano has been discovered under the ice of the frozen continent.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 01, 2014, 12:46:47 AM »
There has been a lot of talk about the western antarctic ice sheet melting while the rest of Antarctica is under record ice.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27465050
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: June 01, 2014, 08:46:52 AM »
I want to state up front that we have been living through a warming trend driven by a
variety of influences. However, it is my view that this is not unusual, and contrary to the
characterizations by the IPCC and the National Climate Assessment, these environmental
changes are not apocalyptic nor irreversible.
2. My biggest concern is that both the reports present a number of speculative, and sometimes
incomplete, conclusions embedded in language that gives them more scientific heft than they
deserve. The reports are "scientific-sounding" rather than based on clearly settled facts or admitting
their lack. Established facts about the global environment exist less often in science than laymen
usually think.
3. HAS IT BEEN WARMING? Yes, we have been living through a warming trend, no doubt about
that. The rate of change we are experiencing is also not unprecedented, and the “mystery” of the
warming “plateau” simply indicates the inherent complexity of our global biosphere. Change is
normal, life on Earth is inherently risky; it always has been. The two reports, however, makes it
seem that environmental change is apocalyptic and irreversible. It is not.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The concerns I have mentioned with the IPCC apply as well to the White
House's National Climate Assessment. I reviewed and provided comments on the
draft White House's National Climate assessment and, unfortunately, it appears that
these issues have not been addressed in the final assessment. For example, I stated:
 "The executive summary is a political statement, not a scientific statement. It is filled
with misstatements contradicted by well-established and well-known scientific papers."
 "Climate has always affected people and all life on Earth, so it isn't new to say it is
'already affecting the American people.' This is just a political statement."
 "It is inappropriate to use short-term changes in weather as an indication one way or
another about persistent climate change

http://science.house.gov/sites/republicans.science.house.gov/files/documents/HHRG-113-SY-WState-DBotkin-20140529.pdf

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 01, 2014, 11:33:07 PM »
Good news everyone, Obama intends to impose new EPA regulations drastically reducing CO2 emissions. I don't know about you, but I'm happy to pay much higher electric bills just in case the catastrophic AGW theory is actually is true, despite all observations to the contrary. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-02/obama-said-to-propose-deep-cuts-to-power-plant-emissions.html

And more good news, somewhat related: remember all the doom and gloom about declining polar bear populations due to AGW? Turns out, that story wasn't just wrong - it was a fraud from the very start. The science is settled, until it isn't. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/05/scientist_confesses_he_made_up_polar_bear_population_estimates.html
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 02, 2014, 12:48:39 AM »
And more good news, somewhat related: remember all the doom and gloom about declining polar bear populations due to AGW? Turns out, that story wasn't just wrong - it was a fraud from the very start. The science is settled, until it isn't. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/05/scientist_confesses_he_made_up_polar_bear_population_estimates.html

it's so hard for me to tell if most people are just normally completely incapable of approaching even really, really simple science or if you're especially stupid.  i actually think it's the former.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 02, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »

it's so hard for me to tell if most people are just normally completely incapable of approaching even really, really simple science or if you're especially stupid.  i actually think it's the former.

No, I just read the article and the email, wherein the "scientist" admitted that his dwindling polar bear population claim was nothing more than a not-so-educated guess crafted to "satisfy public demand." But you know what they say, you can lead a libtard to information, but you can't make him think.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 02, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »
EPA set to put sweeping new restrictions in place, even though the GAO has concluded they're using flawed data.

Politics and control trumps the right thing to do every time.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 02, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »

No, I just read the article and the email, wherein the "scientist" admitted that his dwindling polar bear population claim was nothing more than a not-so-educated guess crafted to "satisfy public demand." But you know what they say, you can lead a libtard to information, but you can't make him think.

odd that you start your reply with "no", then go on to agree with everything i posted.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 02, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, immediately reducing all U.S. CO2 emissions would reduce global temperatures by .08 C by 2050.

I mean, what are we even trying to do here?  I guess China told the world to go eff themselves, and the libtards jumped at the opportunity.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 02, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
Yes, the goal should be that everything be back to ideal tomorrow.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 02, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
What is ideal?

Almost 18 straight years with no Global Warming.