Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 433935 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #750 on: May 21, 2014, 07:00:19 AM »
They'd nonetheless insist on the economically devastating policies they are proposing, because they are insane and this has nothing to do with science or preserving the earth. It's about power and control. The policies they desire further consolidate wealth within governments, and to the detriment of an ever expanding group of poor people and some rich people that decided to invest in oil instead of green energy.

Perfectly demonstrated by John "I'm a War Hero, too" Kerry at his commencement address the other day, when he asked: "supposing [AGW is false], what's the worst that can happen?" They're libtards, and they really can't see the downside of imposing trillions in taxes and regulatory burdens on our economy in pursuit of a theory that is not only unproven - its hypotheses aren't even bearing out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 21, 2014, 07:53:05 AM »
When arguing with leftists (dolts) you have to remember that they think the federal government is a purely altruistic institution, comprised of individuals without a modicum of self interest and self dealing. I know it's naive and foolish, but it's their sophomoric predisposition and it's unwavering.

Look here, you have a group of people arguing tooth and nail that the net worth of handful of people and corporations is some how in parity with the annual giving of the world's governments to agw research. This is a laughable statement that's beyond correction.  You would literally have to start by teaching basic accounting on a message board, which would be like teaching mandarin on a message board, only the person to be taught doesn't want to learn.

Further complicating the incomprehension of the leftist (dolt) is their misunderstanding of science and their complete lack of perspective and scale with respect to AGW, specifically the associated consequences of prematurely implementing the policies they want to curtail greenhouse gas emissions.  Let's assume AGW is proven one day, but its effects have been overstated by these provably unreliable models by a factor of 50, meaning the effect is essentially de minimus.

They'd nonetheless insist on the economically devastating policies they are proposing, because they are insane and this has nothing to do with science or preserving the earth. It's about power and control. The policies they desire further consolidate wealth within governments, and to the detriment of an ever expanding group of poor people and some rich people that decided to invest in oil instead of green energy.

Amid all the FSD-isms, he at least seems to understand science better than K-S-U.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 21, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
Just want to shout out to Sarah Knapton for this Captain Obvious article about the green bias in climate science.

The Green Mafia just doesn't want anyone to throw a wrench into that government gravy train.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10837146/Climate-change-science-has-become-blind-to-green-bias.html

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #753 on: May 21, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
When arguing with leftists (dolts) you have to remember that they think the federal government is a purely altruistic institution, comprised of individuals without a modicum of self interest and self dealing. I know it's naive and foolish, but it's their sophomoric predisposition and it's unwavering.

Look here, you have a group of people arguing tooth and nail that the net worth of handful of people and corporations is some how in parity with the annual giving of the world's governments to agw research. This is a laughable statement that's beyond correction.  You would literally have to start by teaching basic accounting on a message board, which would be like teaching mandarin on a message board, only the person to be taught doesn't want to learn.

Further complicating the incomprehension of the leftist (dolt) is their misunderstanding of science and their complete lack of perspective and scale with respect to AGW, specifically the associated consequences of prematurely implementing the policies they want to curtail greenhouse gas emissions.  Let's assume AGW is proven one day, but its effects have been overstated by these provably unreliable models by a factor of 50, meaning the effect is essentially de minimus.

Amid all the FSD-isms, he at least seems to understand science better than K-S-U.

Is there a single point of refute in my entire diatribe?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 21, 2014, 01:50:04 PM »

Is there a single point of refute in my entire diatribe?

To start, I don't think "leftists think the federal government is a purely altruistic institution", but it didn't seem worth arguing. I agree that the greenhouse effect should continue to be studied and refined as we gain data.

It's an entertaining rant, but it's difficult to take you seriously, ya know?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 21, 2014, 01:57:31 PM »
Okay, change "all" to "an overwhelming majority" and we've got an irrefutable statement summarizing everything that is wrong with the politicization of climate change.

Thanks for helping.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
Okay, change "all" to "an overwhelming majority" and we've got an irrefutable statement summarizing everything that is wrong with the politicization of climate change.

Thanks for helping.

I think we're closing in on settling this issue,  you're welcome America!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 21, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »

Thanks for helping.

I don't think that's accurate.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »

Thanks for helping.

I don't think that's accurate.

Yeah, you're probably right. How about "nearly all" or "substantially all" or "virtually all"?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 21, 2014, 05:19:53 PM »
It's the inquisition, what a show!  The inquisition, here we go!

http://www.mindingthecampus.com/forum/2014/05/climate-change_shenanigans_at_.html

All skeptics shall be shunned!

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 21, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »

http://www.mindingthecampus.com/forum/2014/05/climate-change_shenanigans_at_.html

Minding the Campus is a website
of the Manhattan Institute
The Manhattan Institute received over $31 million in grants from 1985 to 2012, from foundations such as the Koch Family Foundations, the John M. Olin Foundation, the Bradley Foundation, the Scaife Foundations, and the Smith Richardson Foundation.[13] The Manhattan Institute does not disclose its corporate funding, but the Capital Research Center listed its contributors as Bristol-Myers Squibb, ExxonMobil, Chase Manhattan, Cigna, Sprint Nextel, Reliant Energy, Lincoln Financial Group Foundation, and Merrill Lynch. Throughout the 1990s the Tobacco industry was a major funding source for the institute. [14]
:lol:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 21, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »
one minute dax is talking about The Grand Chessboard and how america is obsessed with geostrategic oil bullshit and the next he's saying that government has an anti-carbon(oil) energy bias!

what a rough ridin' lunatic!  :lol:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 21, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »

I'm pretty sure bubbles has mental retardation. Like, he clearly doesn't get it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »
I'll admit, part of me is sad that people like bubbles, jackstack, ell, et al, associate (perhaps attend and graduate from) kstate, because they are so goddamn ignorant and unintelligent, and their existence thereby denigrates the achievements and accomplishments of other alumni. Then I remember this is a message board, they are (hopefully) extreme exceptions, and the entertainment value to myself far exceeds any perceptible damage to me or the university.

What's really sad is that this pathetic forum seems to encourage this ignorant existence, while operating under the guise of the university.  That's what makes me hate the crap out the mods, aside from the special treatment I get from them. They are the most pathetic and worst people. It also makes their criticism of the administration just rough ridin' laughable as it relates to the perception of the university.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 21, 2014, 10:17:59 PM »
one minute dax is talking about The Grand Chessboard and how america is obsessed with geostrategic oil bullshit and the next he's saying that government has an anti-carbon(oil) energy bias!

what a rough ridin' lunatic!  :lol:

The agenda of control takes on many forms, it's a shame that you continually fail to understand that.   America and its proxies control the oil, so China and Russia don't, it's not about consumption, it's about . . . control.    You're an amoeba.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 21, 2014, 10:21:14 PM »
I'll admit, part of me is sad that people like bubbles, jackstack, ell, et al, associate (perhaps attend and graduate from) kstate, because they are so goddamn ignorant and unintelligent, and their existence thereby denigrates the achievements and accomplishments of other alumni. Then I remember this is a message board, they are (hopefully) extreme exceptions, and the entertainment value to myself far exceeds any perceptible damage to me or the university.

What's really sad is that this pathetic forum seems to encourage this ignorant existence, while operating under the guise of the university.  That's what makes me hate the crap out the mods, aside from the special treatment I get from them. They are the most pathetic and worst people. It also makes their criticism of the administration just rough ridin' laughable as it relates to the perception of the university.
Thanks for the shoutout!   :lol:
But at what point did I take a stance in this thread?  You're a dumbass when it comes to gay marriage and a lot of other things but that's really the only thing I've called you out on because your stance is just mind numbingly stupid and illogical.  You also called atheism(I believe) a religion today which is just incredible. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »

Minding the Campus is a website
of the Manhattan Institute
The Manhattan Institute received over $31 million in grants from 1985 to 2012, from foundations such as the Koch Family Foundations, the John M. Olin Foundation, the Bradley Foundation, the Scaife Foundations, and the Smith Richardson Foundation.[13] The Manhattan Institute does not disclose its corporate funding, but the Capital Research Center listed its contributors as Bristol-Myers Squibb, ExxonMobil, Chase Manhattan, Cigna, Sprint Nextel, Reliant Energy, Lincoln Financial Group Foundation, and Merrill Lynch. Throughout the 1990s the Tobacco industry was a major funding source for the institute. [14]

First off, you'd probably find many of the same entities funding various institutes that you believe without question.   That's how the game is played.

Now, you need to show where the article is factually incorrect.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 21, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »

Can you point me to the forums you think are good?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »
Like British Petroleum isn't raping the public with wind energy, and Chevron doesn't buy all the green energy tax credits. How rough ridin' stupid can all of you people be?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:05 PM »
Like British Petroleum isn't raping the public with wind energy, and Chevron doesn't buy all the green energy tax credits. How rough ridin' stupid can all of you people be?

Numerous European companies have poured billions into green energy . . . Didn't Merkel just announce that the German Gov't is pulling back?   Not cost effective and high energy rates I believe was the reason.   

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 21, 2014, 10:32:43 PM »

But at what point did I take a stance in this thread?  You're a dumbass when it comes to gay marriage and a lot of other things but that's really the only thing I've called you out on because your stance is just mind numbingly stupid and illogical.  You also called atheism(I believe) a religion today which is just incredible.

This is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about. This person doesn't even understand what they are reading.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 21, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »

This is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about. This person doesn't even understand what they are reading.
:flush:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 21, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
no disrespect to the many other humorous posters on this board but drunk FSD and political board dax are my two favs.