Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429375 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #475 on: January 06, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »
In the Warmest World, "normal" is approximately 150 years.   Earth is approximately 4.5 Billion Years Old any discussion about the Earth being colder (it has been) or warmer (it has been) shall not be recognized.   Nor shall discussion about the Earth being in a state of relative CO2 deficit compared to other periods in its entire history.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 06, 2014, 02:07:44 PM »
In the Warmest World, "normal" is approximately 150 years.   Earth is approximately 4.5 Billion Years Old any discussion about the Earth being colder (it has been) or warmer (it has been) shall not be recognized.   Nor shall discussion about the Earth being in a state of relative CO2 deficit compared to other periods in its entire history.

The earth is definitely warmer than it would be with less CO2 in the atmosphere, though.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 06, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »
Count me on team global warming.  This sucks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »

The earth is definitely warmer than it would be with less CO2 in the atmosphere, though.

But all roads do not lead back to AGW, and that's what Warmist Propaganda wants everyone to believe.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 06, 2014, 03:32:35 PM »
Jesse Ferrell ?@Accu_Jesse 6m

via @accumancuso : Al Gore's Book "Inconvenient Truth" available new on Amazon today for $0.01 http://ow.ly/siWgd
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 06, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »

(1) You don't know that, and (2) you can't say by how much, so isn't that comment both stupid and irrelevant?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 06, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »

(1) You don't know that, and (2) you can't say by how much, so isn't that comment both stupid and irrelevant?

I absolutely do know that. I guess maybe if you are replacing the lost CO2 with some other greenhouse gas, then the earth would retain as much heat as it is now, but that is pretty irrelevant.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 06, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »

I absolutely do know that.

You absolutely don't. Nobody does. The "greenhouse effect" is a theory. It is not a fact.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2014, 05:08:42 PM »

I absolutely do know that.

You absolutely don't. Nobody does. The "greenhouse effect" is a theory. It is not a fact.

:lol:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 06, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »

Nobody has proven that increased CO2 concentration causes global warming, or, if the increased CO2 concentration is caused by global warming.

Historically, increased CO2 is a lagging indicator, not leading.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 06, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »

Nobody has proven that increased CO2 concentration causes global warming, or, if the increased CO2 concentration is caused by global warming.

Well, that can't be true. Nuts is absolutely certain!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #486 on: January 06, 2014, 11:37:37 PM »
What are we doing as a world to keep the sun from burning out?  Are there any models?  If so, are any of them not wrong?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:48 AM »

It's not like CO2 levels are the only thing that affect earth temperatures.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »

Oh, just the only taxable thing?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »

Maybe. I think you could probably tax water vapor fairly easily, too.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2014, 11:14:24 AM »

Maybe. I think you could probably tax water vapor fairly easily, too.

Taxing clouds seems silly, especially since they will actually cool the Earth as the natural warming cycles wax and wane.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 07, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
it's dry (and hot) as hell here.  those dumbasses should have sailed this way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
are the gE scientists giving equal weight to the record setting highs being experienced from oslo to irkutsk?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
are the gE scientists giving equal weight to the record setting highs being experienced from oslo to irkutsk?

actual temperature doesn't seem to matter to the climate change crowd any more since the average global temps have stabilized over the last 15 years. I think that's why the don't call it global warming any longer.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 07, 2014, 01:13:48 PM »

actual temperature doesn't seem to matter to the climate change crowd any more since the average global temps have stabilized over the last 15 years. I think that's why the don't call it global warming any longer.
I can't tell if that is a yes or a no.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »

Temperatures are meaningless to climate changers.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »

are they meaningful to you?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2014, 03:31:23 PM »

are they meaningful to you?

Only if it's too hot or too cold.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #498 on: January 07, 2014, 09:00:15 PM »
Jesse Ferrell ?@Accu_Jesse 6m

via @accumancuso : Al Gore's Book "Inconvenient Truth" available new on Amazon today for $0.01 http://ow.ly/siWgd

It's a book :O
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2014, 05:00:08 AM »