Author Topic: maps and liniguistics, (now my master cool maps thread)  (Read 131590 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: maps and liniguistics, (now my master cool maps thread)
« Reply #800 on: August 10, 2015, 08:14:10 AM »
Oh lukecat
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 03, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »
luke mckee that map basically started this thread. that said i will gladly look at it again because it is so interesting

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 03, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »
LOL.

I looked at the date and thought it was 8/26/15.  I might need new glasses or hone my observation skills.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 03, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »
it's too bad the problem isn't with your ears :Chirp:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 09, 2015, 03:15:51 PM »
Most popular word in dating profiles

i was looking for something else and happened across this old gem  :lol:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 17, 2015, 03:18:35 PM »
this cool map shows the comparative size of other countries with the united states

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 17, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »
:love:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 17, 2015, 04:04:55 PM »
they should have inceptioned the crap out of north america

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 17, 2015, 04:17:38 PM »

the only way i can interpret this post is that you dont know north america is depicted on this map

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 17, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
there's no way the US is that big.  must be a weird projection.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 17, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »

the only way i can interpret this post is that you dont know north america is depicted on this map

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 17, 2015, 06:00:42 PM »

You need to think outside of the box

The Big Train

« Reply #815 on: November 25, 2015, 08:49:36 PM »
That's a great map puni  :love:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 16, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »
The internet is an amazing thing. I just stumbled across this today and spent an hour playing with it. 

http://maps.kgs.ku.edu/oilgas/index.cfm

Shows every oil/gas/water well in KS. I can look at my grand parents old farm and see they have 3 water wells, 2 completed in 1976 under my GPA's name and 1 in 2007 under my uncles name(GPA passed away in 2004).

I can also see that the plot of land my dad is inheriting (GMA passed away in march  :cry:) is next to some land where there is an oil well that was completed in 2012. You can click the well and see who owns it(Long lost cousins apparently), how much it has produced every month etc etc. You can even see the core samples from the drilling in PDF's, just crazy stuff.

this is cool, my grandpa has 6 wells in SEK, really interesting.  Great grandfather drilled a ton in SEK and NEO in the 40's and 50's and his name pops up all over the place.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 16, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »
The internet is an amazing thing. I just stumbled across this today and spent an hour playing with it. 

Shows every oil/gas/water well in KS. I can look at my grand parents old farm and see they have 3 water wells, 2 completed in 1976 under my GPA's name and 1 in 2007 under my uncles name(GPA passed away in 2004).

I can also see that the plot of land my dad is inheriting (GMA passed away in march  :cry:) is next to some land where there is an oil well that was completed in 2012. You can click the well and see who owns it(Long lost cousins apparently), how much it has produced every month etc etc. You can even see the core samples from the drilling in PDF's, just crazy stuff.

this is cool, my grandpa has 6 wells in SEK, really interesting.  Great grandfather drilled a ton in SEK and NEO in the 40's and 50's and his name pops up all over the place.

Seems like an invasion of privacy.  :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 18, 2015, 07:29:08 PM »

I need to do more research about this as I can't find any of the water wells on our property. Really cool map.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 19, 2015, 12:39:56 AM »
I'm really disappointed i bumped this threat with a new, really cool, link and its just sparked some more discussion of a previous post. 
 :cry:

I mean, look at all these illegal immigrants 100 years ago!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:49:16 AM by HerrSonntag »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 19, 2015, 12:43:48 AM »
I'm really disappointed i bumped this threat with a new, really cool, link and its just sparked some more discussion of a previous post. 

the great canal debate has been a long time coming.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »

the great canal debate has been a long time coming.
Those canals are the reason i have to hear from whiny ass Bills fans every goddamn NFL season.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 19, 2015, 08:04:06 AM »

I need to do more research about this as I can't find any of the water wells on our property. Really cool map.
The water well data that is shown on the KGS map is pulled from the Water Well Completion form database (WWC5). Well drillers and other people associated with punching holes to groundwater have to submit a WWC5 for each completed well. Kansas started the WWC5 database and groundwater protection act in 1974. So if you have groundwater wells on your property that were installed prior to 1974 and haven't been redrilled after 1974, they won't be on that map.

If your water wells have water rights associated with them, or if you aren't even sure they ever have, you can peruse the Kansas Division of Water Resources WIMAS system and see the available info and some interesting things.

Oil and gas wells equal money and their locations have been recorded since the late 1920s.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 19, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »

The water well data that is shown on the KGS map is pulled from the Water Well Completion form database (WWC5). Well drillers and other people associated with punching holes to groundwater have to submit a WWC5 for each completed well. Kansas started the WWC5 database and groundwater protection act in 1974. So if you have groundwater wells on your property that were installed prior to 1974 and haven't been redrilled after 1974, they won't be on that map.

If your water wells have water rights associated with them, or if you aren't even sure they ever have, you can peruse the Kansas Division of Water Resources WIMAS system and see the available info and some interesting things.

Oil and gas wells equal money and their locations have been recorded since the late 1920s.

:thumbs:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles