Author Topic: Scandals  (Read 3070 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Scandals
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Scandals
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »
LOL that's good, but I also laugh at the legal gymnastics that Justice has had to go through in the courts to clarify the "legality" of things like state sanctioned assassination via drone and how they used so many of the "laws" and orders of the previous administration (most of them having been expanded by the current administration) to justify their actions.   (to think there was so much marching in the streets by the fake peace movement during the previous regime about those very things).

Some of Justices responses in courts would make Nathan Thurm proud.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
Trim broke out of prison to prepare for FattyFest.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »
This cartoon is a few days behind the news. The original fable about the IRS thuggery being the product of some "rogue" "low level" employees in Cincinnati was bullshit. Also, the suggestion that the State Department unilaterally revised the Benghazi talking talking points to remove all reference to terrorism is... bullshit.

By the way, did you hear the one about Lois Lerner, the director of the IRS's tax-exempt division, taking the 5th today at the congressional hearing? I know, it's not a cartoon, but....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
Just say no to politically motivated bureaucratic thuggery . . . unless a Democrat is President.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
watergate
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/colbert-mocks-tea-partiers-whining-about-t

LOL

The Colbert piece is funny - but it doesn't tell the whole story (hey, kind of like the "political cartoon" above!)

While a 501(c)(4) organization is not required to file an application for recognition of exemption, it is recommended because it provides public recognition of tax-exempt status, nonprofit mailing privileges, exemption from certain state taxes, and it avoids confusion with the IRS when filing mandatory annual reports.

I guess that's the problem with deriving political insight from comedians....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/colbert-mocks-tea-partiers-whining-about-t

LOL

The Colbert piece is funny - but it doesn't tell the whole story (hey, kind of like the "political cartoon" above!)

While a 501(c)(4) organization is not required to file an application for recognition of exemption, it is recommended because it provides public recognition of tax-exempt status, nonprofit mailing privileges, exemption from certain state taxes, and it avoids confusion with the IRS when filing mandatory annual reports.

did you not find the videos funny? They were very funny.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »

LOL

It's funny and appropriate that the video is 4:20.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Scandals
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 04:20:34 PM »
pfffffttttt

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »

LOL

Like I said, Colbert is funny, sometimes. It's just sad to think about all the Obama voters who get their "news" from left-leaning comedians, who aren't telling the whole truth because (a) their job is to tell jokes, and (b) they're left-leaning.

Just as another example, take Daily Show creator Lizz Winstead's recent tweet about the Moore tornado: "This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives." This joke wasn't even funny, but it was also based on a falsehood. The joke is premised on the liberal line that tea party groups didn't receive any more scrutiny than any other groups that applied for 501(c)(4) status. That's bullshit.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »

LOL

Like I said, Colbert is funny, sometimes. It's just sad to think about all the Obama voters who get their "news" from left-leaning comedians, who aren't telling the whole truth because (a) their job is to tell jokes, and (b) they're left-leaning.

Just as another example, take Daily Show creator Lizz Winstead's recent tweet about the Moore tornado: "This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives." This joke wasn't even funny, but it was also based on a falsehood. The joke is premised on the liberal line that tea party groups didn't receive any more scrutiny than any other groups that applied for 501(c)(4) status. That's bullshit.

People who watch those "comedians" are better informed than people who watch nothing at all.

People who watch "nothing at all" are better informed than people who watch Fox News.
:dance:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
People who watch those "comedians" are better informed than people who watch nothing at all.

People who watch "nothing at all" are better informed than people who watch Fox News.

Check and mate, folks. :white flag:

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/174826/survey-nprs-listeners-best-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

:blah: :blah: :blah:
:dance:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/174826/survey-nprs-listeners-best-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

Yes, that's a very objective study. Good work. I wonder if the results would change if the study had asked questions about stories that were studiously ignored by the MSM.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »

LOL

I don't think you watched either video. The second one, especially, was very nice comedy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

I listen to NPR all day and learn a lot about fair trade coffee.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »

LOL

It's sad to think about all the romney voters who get their "news"  from far right entertainers, who aren't telling the whole truth because (a) their job is to pander to the dumbest far right Americans, and (b) half the network is gop presidential candidates.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »
ben swann
EMAW

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
MSNBC is funnier than Jon Stewart or Colbert.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »
Jon Stewart actually reports the news while being incredibily funny, he's BITB

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »
Occasionally Stewart pulls something out of context to make a point with a political slant.  My take from that is you can never rely on one source for your news.  That said, he is usually very very good.  Agree that nobody watches MSNBC so nobody cares.  People who watch Fox news generally get all their news from there or from forwarded emails/facebook posts.

Just because Fox reports unsubstantiated bullshit, doesn't mean the MSM is ignoring something.  It just means that they try not to report unsubstantiated bullshit, with varying levels of success (looking at you CNN).