Author Topic: Plan SB's Elite Vision Quest Through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho  (Read 109909 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Plan SB's Elite Vision Quest Through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2015, 08:30:07 AM »
My wife read Wild and then I watched the movie with her. I had no idea that hiking from Mexico to Canada was actually a thing that people do regularly. I want to do the Continental Divide Trail someday. Maybe after the goEMAW Tokyo trip.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2015, 11:19:35 AM »
My wife read Wild and then I watched the movie with her. I had no idea that hiking from Mexico to Canada was actually a thing that people do regularly. I want to do the Continental Divide Trail someday. Maybe after the goEMAW Tokyo trip.

same. just hiked a small section last weekend.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »
Yeah. Watched Wild and want to hike it. Would totally hike the Appalachian Trail for a summer, too. Dunno which would be better. Probably Appalachian Trail because fewer scorpions.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »
Great pics emo.  Where?

Colorado (west slope), ran out in May for a scouting trip and then in September did 8 days in the backcountry.  Nothing was harmed.  Hunting with a bow is hard.  Efforts will be double and re-doubled until success is attained.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
Great pics emo.  Where?

Colorado (west slope), ran out in May for a scouting trip and then in September did 8 days in the backcountry.  Nothing was harmed.  Hunting with a bow is hard.  Efforts will be double and re-doubled until success is attained.

Emo you are a valued contributor ITT and a five star vision quest'r, thank you, thank you, good job, good job
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2015, 10:54:05 PM »
We should organize a gE thru hike pak on either the PCT or CDT.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2015, 11:06:24 PM »
and here's a few from the last month or so

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 03, 2015, 04:13:59 AM »
Tdaver you are a valued contributor ITT and a five star vision quest'r, thank you, thank you, good job, good job

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2015, 08:14:13 AM »
@tdaver you probably come across some stud deer and elk huh?  I need to look into hunting Utah...I know drawing a non-resident tag is very hard, though. :(

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »
Hey, guys! Check out my vision quest!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »
Check out the mother rough ridin' self-discovery happening right here.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2015, 09:20:34 AM »
On this trip, I found my purpose in life. It is to be a BAD ASS MOTHER rough rider!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2015, 09:54:04 AM »
One can discover a lot about themselves after they kill an 800 pound animal at last light 1200 feet into a deep dark hole, and they are awake for nearly three days straight getting it out on their backs.  But I wouldn't expect such a close minded person to consider that (or anything else).  It's much easier to boil down years of training, planning, scouting, and preparing to one image that doesn't even come close to reflecting what those men must have gone through on their respective journeys. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
One can discover a lot about themselves after they kill an 800 pound animal at last light 1200 feet into a deep dark hole, and they are awake for nearly three days straight getting it out on their backs.  But I wouldn't expect such a close minded person to consider that (or anything else).  It's much easier to boil down years of training, planning, scouting, and preparing to one image that doesn't even come close to reflecting what those men must have gone through on their respective journeys.

That wasn't a very manly response. You should probably go kill something to make up for it.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »
Hey, guys! Check out my vision quest!

I have never been elk hunting, but good job chum! WOW!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »
Nothing quite puts the soul at peace like shooting an arrow into an animal and then posing for a picture with it when it finally succumbs to death after a period of agony. Namaste
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 03, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
Isn't there a pit you could take this to, you guys?  This is for sharing VQs, not making fun of them.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 03, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »
Isn't there a pit you could take this to, you guys?  This is for sharing VQs, not making fun of them.

Or maybe take the hunting talk to a hunting thread? :dunno:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »

A friend of mine and I did the southern part (Antelope Well, NM to Salida, CO) of the Continental Divide trail on a Dual Sport motorcycles (we crossed the hiking trail many times).  It was an amazing trip, i'm not a big photo taker so i do not have many amazing shots, but the people you meet along the way and things you get to see will give you stories for a lifetime.  New Mexico is absolutely amazing, we got caught in a downpour and ran into a rancher who let us hang out on the front porch of a hunting lodge (hunting lodge and ranch i think he said 120+ square miles was owned by one of the LA Dodgers owners) until the rain passed.  We are running the northern part of the trip next summer from Canada to Salida, Co.

I'd never hike it, but i can absolutely see why people do it.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

I count a very limited amount of hunting talk until you decided to troll up the thread.  So maybe you could just show yourself out?  Maybe there's a rerun of Legally Blonde you could go check on television, if you hurry.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 03, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »

I count a very limited amount of hunting talk until you decided to troll up the thread.  So maybe you could just show yourself out?  Maybe there's a rerun of Legally Blonde you could go check on television, if you hurry.

That response was very manly. And you didn't even need to kill anything!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 03, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »

A friend of mine and I did the southern part (Antelope Well, NM to Salida, CO) of the Continental Divide trail on a Dual Sport motorcycles (we crossed the hiking trail many times).  It was an amazing trip, i'm not a big photo taker so i do not have many amazing shots, but the people you meet along the way and things you get to see will give you stories for a lifetime.  New Mexico is absolutely amazing, we got caught in a downpour and ran into a rancher who let us hang out on the front porch of a hunting lodge (hunting lodge and ranch i think he said 120+ square miles was owned by one of the LA Dodgers owners) until the rain passed.  We are running the northern part of the trip next summer from Canada to Salida, Co.

Fascinating. I had no idea that was a thing either. I love New Mexico.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 03, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »

Fascinating. I had no idea that was a thing either. I love New Mexico.

Warning this thread can be a complete time suck.  This guy did a great write up of his ride (north to south) of the continental divide ride.  Our group is following his track that he's created.  We just have to do it over 2 trips because we cannot take off the amount of time due to work.  Nor will i ever do this detailed of a ride report.

He's included pictures, history, and such.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/a-cannonride-down-the-great-divide-solo.603076/
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 04, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »
Very Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'y :Wha:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile