Author Topic: GronkGronkGronk Gronkster Gronk: Gronk Gronk Gronk GRONK  (Read 163663 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: GronkGronkGronk Gronkster Gronk: Gronk Gronk Gronk GRONK
« Reply #750 on: December 18, 2015, 08:18:14 AM »
He'd be way under sized as an NFL tight end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah.  Looking at any group Gronk pic and it looks like his is easily 4 plus inches shorter than Rob.  Rob is 6'-5", iirc.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 18, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »

Yeah.  Looking at any group Gronk pic and it looks like his is easily 4 plus inches shorter than Rob.  Rob is 6'-5", iirc.

6'7 265 I believe
:dance:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 18, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »
Would be very ironic if Gronk left because of Dimel.

Was thinking the same thing. Winston was like a freshman or sophomore when Glenn committed. I wonder what Glenn's phone convos to Rob are about this.

Also for people asking who features a full back, every pro style team in America does. Getting carries isn't as important as getting blocking opportunities and Win has been given nearly all of those.

The Gronk family uses every opportunity they can to say that Glenn is the best athlete of the family, I wonder if he's looking for a position change to tight end.

All of that is true, but I was thinking about the fact that Dimel recruited Glenn because he was Rob's TE coach at Arizona.

Other than triple option teams like Navy or GA Tech, do any offenses feature fullbacks who get a lot of carries? An NFL FB may get 20 carries per season, if he's lucky. If Glenn wants to make the NFL it will be because of his blocking, not because of his ability to run the ball.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 18, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »

6'7 265 I believe

Glenn is 6'2, which is short by NFL TE standards. Almost all are 6'4 or taller and the elite TEs are 6'5 or 6'6.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:31:12 AM by TownieCat »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 18, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
transferring out is probably in his best interest.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 18, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »

Yep. It's like they always say: "If you want to be a high draft pick as a FB, transfer to a lesser school in your final year of eligibility in the hopes of quickly learning a new offense and maybe getting 5 more carries on the year."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 18, 2015, 11:22:02 AM »

Was thinking the same thing. Winston was like a freshman or sophomore when Glenn committed. I wonder what Glenn's phone convos to Rob are about this.

Also for people asking who features a full back, every pro style team in America does. Getting carries isn't as important as getting blocking opportunities and Win has been given nearly all of those.

The Gronk family uses every opportunity they can to say that Glenn is the best athlete of the family, I wonder if he's looking for a position change to tight end.

All of that is true, but I was thinking about the fact that Dimel recruited Glenn because he was Rob's TE coach at Arizona.

Other than triple option teams like Navy or GA Tech, do any offenses feature fullbacks who get a lot of carries? An NFL FB may get 20 carries per season, if he's lucky. If Glenn wants to make the NFL it will be because of his blocking, not because of his ability to run the ball.

Oh I know that's why I mentioned his phone calls to Rob.

FWIW Glenn is listed at 6'3" also I feel like some of you are kind of forgetting what his last name is as it relates to his NFL prospects at tight end. If your big brother is the greatest pass catching tight end in the history of the NFL, if you are even the least bit capable someone is going to give you a shot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 18, 2015, 11:24:54 AM »

Yep. It's like they always say: "If you want to be a high draft pick as a FB, transfer to a lesser school in your final year of eligibility in the hopes of quickly learning a new offense and maybe getting 5 more carries on the year."

It's been written like five times itt that his carries don't matter nearly as much as his blocking opportunities yet you're still talking about carries.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 18, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »

Oh I know that's why I mentioned his phone calls to Rob.

FWIW Glenn is listed at 6'3" also I feel like some of you are kind of forgetting what his last name is as it relates to his NFL prospects at tight end. If your big brother is the greatest pass catching tight end in the history of the NFL, if you are even the least bit capable someone is going to give you a shot.

He'll get a shot at special teams somewhere.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
GronkGronkGronk Gronkster Gronk: Gronk Gronk Gronk GRONK
« Reply #759 on: December 18, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »
My bad, MIR. You're right. That was terrible advice.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 18, 2015, 12:08:25 PM »
It's like you all want him to leave. 

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 18, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »

Like all people on this planet I want what's best for him and if that's him transferring then so be it. What I want for me is for him to switch to tight end and have 37 catches for 360 yards and 6 touchdowns for the cats, win the Mackey Award and become the first TE taken in the 2017 draft.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:12:43 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 18, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »

Like all people on this planet I want what's best for him and if that's him transferring than so be it. What I want for me is for him to switch to tight end and have 37 catches for 360 yards and 6 touchdowns for the cats, win the Mackey Award and become the first TE taken in the 2017 draft.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 18, 2015, 12:30:29 PM »

pfft

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 18, 2015, 12:30:56 PM »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 19, 2015, 06:01:24 AM »

Like all people on this planet I want what's best for him and if that's him transferring then so be it. What I want for me is for him to switch to tight end and have 37 catches for 360 yards and 6 touchdowns for the cats, win the Mackey Award and become the first TE taken in the 2017 draft.
There is a person who wants your job. He lives on this planet. It would be best for him.
Wacky can help you with your resume.

I want Gronk to stay. It is better for Manhattan to have the Gronk family in town 4-5 times next year.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 19, 2015, 08:19:22 AM »

I'm selfish too when it comes to Gronk making the plays a star like him should be making.  TE would give him a better chance at the NFL, IN MY OPINION.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »

There is a person who wants your job. He lives on this planet. It would be best for him.

I want Gronk to stay.
It is better for Manhattan to have the Gronk family in town 4-5 times next year.

:thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »

I want Gronk to stay. It is better for Manhattan to have the Gronk family in town 4-5 times next year.

Did you stop reading after the first sentence?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 19, 2015, 01:49:27 PM »

No. I read it all. You can't have it both ways! (please don't turn this into some pissing match like with Dax. I am just here for the fun today!) :)

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 20, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »
Let's move him to TE and then throw him the damn ball!

Boom, problem solved...

But, this staff will screw it up and he will transfer, then Dimel will get in the hurt first game next year... :bang:
Dax fan club member!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 20, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »
Can he throw the ball?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:52 PM »

No. I read it all. You can't have it both ways! (please don't turn this into some pissing match like with Dax. I am just here for the fun today!) :)
So let me get this straight. I made a post, you responded with something that makes no sense, but you don't want me to respond to your nonsensical observation of my thought? Got it, lol

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
Bye bye  :lol:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 02, 2016, 09:19:27 PM »

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk