Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221352 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »
Pro-tip: If you not don't want to renew because Angel is leaving but you got tricked into renewing before he announced, just demand your money back.  they will give it to you.

MBB season ticket renewals are not on sale yet. No one was "tricked" into renewing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2013, 02:08:29 PM »
People make fun of my conspiracy interests . . . yet it appears that goEMAW thinks that this has nothing to do with Angel's family and the fact that he's approximately 2000 Nautical Miles from his home.   (Don't care if this has been covered, I'm not going to go back and read the thread Seppuku, it's pathetic).

Fascinating.

:thumbsup:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:13 PM »
Pro-tip: If you not don't want to renew because Angel is leaving but you got tricked into renewing before he announced, just demand your money back.  they will give it to you.

MBB season ticket renewals are not on sale yet. No one was "tricked" into renewing.
Why is the 25% donation due in March then?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
Hey assholes, don't take this out on CC.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »
I love when people allude to key players being part of the "planned revolt of 2012." McGruder wasn't leaving. Angel wasn't leaving. Gipson wasn't leaving. JO wasn't leaving.

Will can still GTFO, as can Nino and emape. Oh darn. What a devastating revolt that would have been. :rolleyes:

Who are your sources?
Pretty sure JO was thinking of going after his SO yr...stuck around, then was part of the group for last year...
I've got pretty good sources saying 7 were going, I have a feeling Rod maybe have been part of that group too.
CC has repeatedly said many were out the door, my guess is he knows more than you Koug.

So if you want to throw Will, Nino and emape...who are the other four, they can't all be bench warmers?

Between cap'n and myself, only one of us knew Angel was leaving.

The "7" number was a manufactured myth from the start.

Both of your statements are factually incorrect.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »
If that was the intent then not sure why the school sent out a press release yesterday before the semester ended and before any leaks had hit the media.

"before any leaks had hit the media" is factually incorrect. thanks for answering questions when possible even though some of our posters are dipshits.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »

Ahearn Fund donations are not MBB season tickets.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:19:05 PM by captaincrap »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »
People make fun of my conspiracy interests . . . yet it appears that goEMAW thinks that this has nothing to do with Angel's family and the fact that he's approximately 2000 Nautical Miles from his home.   (Don't care if this has been covered, I'm not going to go back and read the thread Seppuku, it's pathetic).

Fascinating.

I don't think its completely unrelated.  I think it should be irrelevant to a capable coach.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »
If that was the intent then not sure why the school sent out a press release yesterday before the semester ended and before any leaks had hit the media.

"before any leaks had hit the media" is factually incorrect. thanks for answering questions when possible even though some of our posters are dipshits.

Link? I didn't see it hit any MSM before the school announced it yesterday. Most media types had zero indication at all.

I do not count message boards as "media"

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »

po-tay-toe po-tah-toe

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »

po-tay-toe po-tah-toe

http://www.ahearnfund.com/giving/faqs.html (see very first FAQ)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
yes, thanks CC - fellow wildcat brother

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »

Fascinating.

I don't think its completely unrelated.  I think it should be irrelevant to a capable coach.

Outside of a moment here and there related to him not being in a particular game at a particular time was there any indication that Angel's game had not improved over last year, and would stop improving in the subsequent two years?   

Oh, why I am asking that, of course there was absolutely no indication, if you say that there was, than you're just being a nit picky dickhole message board wannabe coach.

-----

Oh, and CC has issued so many beat downs in this thread that I respectfully ask that the mods lock this thread in order to save so many from further embarrassment.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »

Fascinating.

Outside of a moment here and there related to him not being in a particular game at a particular time was there any indication that Angel's game had not improved over last year, and would stop improving in the subsequent two years?   

Oh, why I am asking that, of course there was absolutely no indication, if you say that there was, than you're just being a nit picky dickhole message board wannabe coach.

-----

Oh, and CC has issued so many beat downs in this thread that I respectfully ask that the mods lock this thread in order to save so many from further embarrassment.

I didn't mean that Weber wasn't capable X-Os or whatever.  I meant a capable coach would keep their best player on the team.  How many conference championship, major D1 schools have their best player transfer? I can't think of any. Is it nice to be closer to home? Sure.  But what made him more homesick this year than last? 

I'm sure some people transfer to be closer to home, but I think its a two part decision.  The first part is deciding you no longer want to be where you are at.  The second part is where would you like to go.  "Moving closer to home" is mostly just a PR line.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
I bet oscar was walking his dog when he heard the news, gun shots going off or something alerted him. Honestly, does he even care?

catzacker

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2013, 02:56:49 PM »
For the same reason I think the idea that angel leaving due to oscar is complete bullshit is the same reason I think the diea that anyone other than sprads or nino were leaving last year because of frank is complete bullshit.  Nor do I think the iming of angel leaving has some insidious undertone.

Regardless, angel leaving is not an excuse for oscar, much like "youth" was not an excuse that I bought with frank. Win or gtfo.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Before we go any farther can someone please assure me that bags of money were offered to Angel to entice him to stay at Kansas State University.  Because my biggest fear is that didn't happen.  That's more of a problem (imo) then a really crappy coach.  Those problems combine into a nightmare of a men's D1 basketball program. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »
also, cap, you are the closest thing to a phone to the AD this site has. some of the posters will choose to lash out at your for it. I appreciate your input very much.

Yes, I agree. Same thing happens any time something bad happens. I get it, people are upset. I will try to give info when I can.

I'm not lashing out at CC because he is connected, I'm lashing out at everyone who tried to sell the Frank had to go because the players would leave BS and now won't acknowledge there is a problem here. CC wasn't the only poster I mentioned. I also appreciate bits of info and opinionated input but I will treat CC just like everyone else when I perceive the opinions to be crap.

And no I don't buy the excuse of he really wants to be closer to home excuse, just as I don't buy it when I hear it from other athletes, my college aged employees, or Real World cast members that use the same excuse. Homesickness is much harder to deal with when you're otherwise unhappy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »
YET

if the coach was still a certain someone, their exact positions would almost assuredly be flipped

predilections make for funny positions

I'd be losing my crap if angel left under frank
I said almost! :shakesfist:

but yeah I am trying to seem fair and balanced to the point of unflavored oatmeal

I don't think anyone was across the board happy with frankings, just as it took this latest brucing to cause more than a small ripple. Frank's line for me was Nick Russell, I really hated that. At the time I was pissed about Buchi but I was clearly wrong about that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »
Yes, a first-team all conference player was going to transfer and sit out a season before his senior year, lol. My problem with that rumor is that it defies common sense, but those who repeat it just choose to ignore the obvious flaws, like a Rodney type transfer would be unprecedented.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
Yes, a first-team all conference player was going to transfer and sit out a season before his senior year, lol. My problem with that rumor is that it defies common sense, but those who repeat it just choose to ignore the obvious flaws, like a Rodney type transfer would be unprecedented.

well, Angel's transfer is almost unprecedented. Has there been the best player on a conference championship team that transferred in recent memory? (Granted, most conference champs' best players go pro or are seniors.)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »

well, Angel's transfer is almost unprecedented. Has there been the best player on a conference championship team that transferred in recent memory? (Granted, most conference champs' best players go pro or are seniors.)

I'm not sure the conference champions thing matters. A good junior transferring is rare but it happens, a good senior leaving just doesn't happen, ever.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2013, 07:11:15 PM »
what year was axtell when he transferred to ku?  i think he was going into his soph year.  maybe lester earl would be a better example.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »
what year was axtell when he transferred to ku?  i think he was going into his soph year.  maybe lester earl would be a better example.

Both of those guys were freshmen IIRC. Earl left a shitty team, too.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »
 :frown:

What Kansas State basketball now faces is being truly irrelevant for the first time in years, something that used to be commonplace in Manhattan.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22116956/rodriguez-transfer-means-oscar-weber-has-huge-challenge-next-year