Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221405 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
Someone should refer Orris and Diaz to this thread.  I'm sure they'd like to read all the nice things being said about them.

did you see Orris' "LOL" tweet yesterday when the Angel meltdown hit twitter?  :D
No I didn't. I also did not see it in the Twitter thread.  :confused:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2013, 12:48:10 PM »
well, he just tweeted "LOL". so picture that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
One year ago we were beaten over the head with Frank had to go or else we wouldn't have a team. The posters who were aggressively pushing Shannon Spradling's agenda as a talking point have been unsurprisingly quiet tonight. Spin it CC, Dax, or GOSP. Jump back on those high horses and talk down to us about how this is actually good for us.

WTF are you talking about perpetually pissed off MIR??

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2013, 01:01:45 PM »
One year ago we were beaten over the head with Frank had to go or else we wouldn't have a team. The posters who were aggressively pushing Shannon Spradling's agenda as a talking point have been unsurprisingly quiet tonight. Spin it CC, Dax, or GOSP. Jump back on those high horses and talk down to us about how this is actually good for us.

WTF are you talking about perpetually pissed off MIR??

You really can't tell what he is talking about?  I can and I am paying like 90% attention to work right now.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
I love when people allude to key players being part of the "planned revolt of 2012." McGruder wasn't leaving. Angel wasn't leaving. Gipson wasn't leaving. JO wasn't leaving.

Will can still GTFO, as can Nino and emape. Oh darn. What a devastating revolt that would have been. :rolleyes:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »
what he said

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »
also, cap, you are the closest thing to a phone to the AD this site has. some of the posters will choose to lash out at your for it. I appreciate your input very much.

Yes, I agree. Same thing happens any time something bad happens. I get it, people are upset. I will try to give info when I can.

How is this player revolt different than the threatened (not confirmed) defections Frank faced at the end of last season? 

because, there is/was no player revolt.

Now or at the end of last season?

As far as we know, Angel/Diaz/Orris or their parents weren't whining to the AD. Or they weren't likely whining as loudly.

I love when people allude to key players being part of the "planned revolt of 2012." McGruder wasn't leaving. Angel wasn't leaving. Gipson wasn't leaving. JO wasn't leaving.

Will can still GTFO, as can Nino and emape. Oh darn. What a devastating revolt that would have been. :rolleyes:

:nono:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »

Who are your sources?
Pretty sure JO was thinking of going after his SO yr...stuck around, then was part of the group for last year...
I've got pretty good sources saying 7 were going, I have a feeling Rod maybe have been part of that group too.
CC has repeatedly said many were out the door, my guess is he knows more than you Koug.

So if you want to throw Will, Nino and emape...who are the other four, they can't all be bench warmers?

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
CC, What kind of effort was put into convincing art to stay?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
CC, What kind of effort was put into convincing art to stay?

none and every imaginable/conceivable effort. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
Great meltdown so far guys.   :thumbsup:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »

Who are your sources?
Pretty sure JO was thinking of going after his SO yr...stuck around, then was part of the group for last year...
I've got pretty good sources saying 7 were going, I have a feeling Rod maybe have been part of that group too.
CC has repeatedly said many were out the door, my guess is he knows more than you Koug.

So if you want to throw Will, Nino and emape...who are the other four, they can't all be bench warmers?

Between cap'n and myself, only one of us knew Angel was leaving.

The "7" number was a manufactured myth from the start.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »
Great meltdown so far guys.   :thumbsup:

there was a key ingredient of a good meltdown missing...until you started posting.  Thanks for being the cumin in this meltdown chili!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »

Who are your sources?

Consider who your sources are.  I have sources that say Will and scrubs were going, granted, mine might be bias the other way.

JO talked about going pro after his JR year and was mushed by NBA people he talked to.  If he was going, it wasn't to the draft.  If he thought he had as much NBA potential as he apparently did, he was not going to transfer and sit out a year either.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »
I've also heard both ways for Rod depending on the group I heard it from.  The people speaking of this "group of 7" was trying to inflate that number and who was in it as much as possible.  Common sense says Rod would be very unlikely to transfer his senior year.  I don't think Rod was going anywhere.

Regardless, congrats on oscar keeping the group together.  In 3 years with oscar, we will end up 0-1 in the NCAAs.  Thank god Frank wasn't allowed to tank the program.  Currie can get his own guy for that.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2013, 01:22:51 PM »

Who are your sources?

Between cap'n and myself, only one of us knew Angel was leaving.

The "7" number was a manufactured myth from the start.

Both of your statements are factually incorrect.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
cc, bring angel back

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
I really get the "never admit when you are wrong" mindset but christ, put down the fiddle and just look out the window for a flame or 2.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »

i imagine this is CC at his keyboard

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »

??? What have I posted today that is even close to that?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2013, 01:53:39 PM »

nothing.

any truth to the fact that staff/ad/angel all knew a few weeks ago and were trying to keep it under wraps for angel to finish out the semester and get out of town unnoticed as well as for the ad to make another push for season bball tickets?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »
i have an active imagination  :gocho:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »

nothing.

any truth to the fact that staff/ad/angel all knew a few weeks ago and were trying to keep it under wraps for angel to finish out the semester and get out of town unnoticed as well as for the ad to make another push for season bball tickets?

No effort to "keep it under wraps", not sure what the point would be of doing that. If that was the intent then not sure why the school sent out a press release yesterday before the semester ended and before any leaks had hit the media. If that's your conspiracy theory, I am curious to hear the support for it.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
Either way people are going to be wanting their 25% Ahearn donations back.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
Pro-tip: If you not don't want to renew because Angel is leaving but you got tricked into renewing before he announced, just demand your money back.  they will give it to you.