Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221412 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1250 on: May 21, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »
 :popcorn:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

The Big Train

« Reply #1251 on: May 21, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »
So our best player is staying!?  :Woot:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 21, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »
Bosco doesn't let anyone eff with K-State.  Captain was right.  So, what on Earth did she do?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »
Apparently you only read about half of what I post.   Where have I said that Currie 100% in the right?  Apparently you missed every caveat like the numerous "if this..." statements. 

Clearly they had some concerns and those concerns are legitimate enough to at minimum cause the breaks to be tapped on any transfer request.

Any person who can't understand that transfers particularly in these types situations cannot be a rubber stamp is so blinded by their agenda they can't see the forest through the trees. 

That point is further driven home by the fact that you continue to co mingle my points about the need to weigh each transfer request on its own merits and with athletic department impact in mind...with how K-State may have handled this situation shows that you are purely agenda driven. 

Allowing things like the possibility of player shopping to occur without any consideration would be administrative malfeasance and outright dereliction of duty.   

Anyone who can't see or understand that is, again, blinded by their own agenda. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hedging those bets is close enough for you, it's a big step.

The difference between our arguments all along was that my agenda had nothing to do with K-State, John Currie, or Leti Romero. You painted yourself into Currie's Corner to try to prove a stupid point, win some lose some.

LOL, it has everything to do with it.  No one buys your faux outrage and your leg humping of the Bilas Doctrine.

Any athletic department that would grant a transfer at seemingly the drop of the hat in these type of situations is either trying to cover up for something or simply doesn't care about their fiduciary responsibility to protect the interests of the athletic department and university; first, foremost and always . . . and just so we're clear, since you seem to have trouble with this, that is not to say they should not go ahead and eventually grant the transfer once the situation is completely vetted.   

Your constant co-mingling of several important factors in consideration for the allowance of a transfer and the discussion thereof (or at least the attempt to discuss them) with how K-State handled this particular situation only reinforces your agenda against Currie and the athletic department.

Bilas Doctrine, that's what you're going with. I killed Bilas when he made that first tweet, he's a self serving douche that cares more about embarrassing the NCAA than he does advancing the rights of college students. Are you really that dumb that you don't understand that my view and Bilas' view of student rights are not similar at all?

As for the rest of your post we've established that you've hedged your bets you don't have to keep repeating the arguments you've conjured up tonight.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »
Apparently you only read about half of what I post.   Where have I said that Currie 100% in the right?  Apparently you missed every caveat like the numerous "if this..." statements. 

Clearly they had some concerns and those concerns are legitimate enough to at minimum cause the breaks to be tapped on any transfer request.

Any person who can't understand that transfers particularly in these types situations cannot be a rubber stamp is so blinded by their agenda they can't see the forest through the trees. 

That point is further driven home by the fact that you continue to co mingle my points about the need to weigh each transfer request on its own merits and with athletic department impact in mind...with how K-State may have handled this situation shows that you are purely agenda driven. 

Allowing things like the possibility of player shopping to occur without any consideration would be administrative malfeasance and outright dereliction of duty.   

The difference between our arguments all along was that my agenda had nothing to do with K-State, John Currie, or Leti Romero. You painted yourself into Currie's Corner to try to prove a stupid point, win some lose some.

LOL, it has everything to do with it.  No one buys your faux outrage and your leg humping of the Bilas Doctrine.

Any athletic department that would grant a transfer at seemingly the drop of the hat in these type of situations is either trying to cover up for something or simply doesn't care about their fiduciary responsibility to protect the interests of the athletic department and university; first, foremost and always . . . and just so we're clear, since you seem to have trouble with this, that is not to say they should not go ahead and eventually grant the transfer once the situation is completely vetted.   

Your constant co-mingling of several important factors in consideration for the allowance of a transfer and the discussion thereof (or at least the attempt to discuss them) with how K-State handled this particular situation only reinforces your agenda against Currie and the athletic department.

Bilas Doctrine, that's what you're going with. I killed Bilas when he made that first tweet, he's a self serving douche that cares more about embarrassing the NCAA than he does advancing the rights of college students. Are you really that dumb that you don't understand that my view and Bilas' view of student rights are not similar at all?

As for the rest of your post we've established that you've hedged your bets you don't have to keep repeating the arguments you've conjured up tonight.
Wasn't it you that said he was the "worst representative for pro-student athlete people" or something along those lines.  The Bilas Doctrine thing is a weird thing to direct at you.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 21, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
So our best player is staying!?  :Woot:

LOL, no. If she loses the NCAA appeal, I don't think that's likely, they'll be willing to deflect their poor PR onto us. We're the perfect lackey to point to and say it's is not them.

She still has some schools that she can attend apparently they aren't high majors, North Colorado, or anyone on our schedule next year.

She's going to have an army of pro-bono attorneys too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 21, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »

Wasn't it you that said he was the "worst representative for pro-student athlete people" or something along those lines.  The Bilas Doctrine thing is a weird thing to direct at you.

He wants to abolish the NCAA and pay football and men's basketball players, if either of those things happen it would change the face of college Olympic sports for the worse. Never mind abolishing the NCAA is against the wishes of the membership and paying athletes in revenue sports is in conflict with title ix. Pretty sure Bilas realizes this but that take won't get him RTs and on panel discussions on CNN.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 21, 2014, 10:08:50 PM »

My version of the Bilas Doctrine is open transfers for all no matter what the circumstances, once again you continue to co-mingle various issues, which makes it difficult to even discuss this stuff with you.

I've not hedged any bets, you're inability to separate your agenda from proper considerations in the transfer process are well noted.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
At this point, she totally needs to go with the plan I suggested dozens of pages ago and sabotage the eff out of games next season.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:22 PM »
At this point, she totally needs to go with the plan I suggested dozens of pages ago and sabotage the eff out of games next season.

So it would be like Deb Patterson never left then?  Sounds fun.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15:39 PM »

So it would be like Deb Patterson never left then?  Sounds fun.

Did Deb's team have players control the opening tip and then chuck the ball into the 26th row?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 21, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »

Would watch

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1262 on: May 21, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why currie would put all of that in a letter to bosco.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 21, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »
I'm pretty ashamed to be associated with this university now u guys.  JFC, it's women's bb  :facepalm: . I don't even care about bruceketball let alone this

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
I'm pretty ashamed to be associated with this university now u guys.  JFC, it's women's bb  :facepalm: .

Enlightening

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »
she can go anywhere she wants, just has to pay for it next year.  i wouldn't go somewhere based upon the athletic scholarship restriction.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 21, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »
Well it looks like the agenda oriented members of this board need to add the King of EMAW: Pat Bosco to their hate list.

I realize it may take some awhile to reconcile themselves to that reality, but counseling is available.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
Maybe she'll stay in Spain and take EMAW online classes and Currie can really say we have a world-class student-athlete experience.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »
Well it looks like the agenda oriented members of this board need to add the King of EMAW: Pat Bosco to their hate list.

I realize it may take some awhile to reconcile themselves to that reality, but counseling is available.

You believe that in real life, Pat Bosco or really anybody is denying the release against John Currie's wishes?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 21, 2014, 10:28:40 PM »

LOL, such a strange takeaway from all of this. That's our dax!

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 21, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
Is this because she will spill the beans about the Deb and Co.  :tongue: and get all sports in trouble?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 21, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

You believe that in real life, Pat Bosco or really anybody is denying the release against John Currie's wishes?

So, let met get this straight.   On goEMAW; one minute Pat Bosco is the Godfather of all things K-State, the next minute he's just a puppet shill of the athletic director??

Make up your mind Agendites.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 21, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »
I wish George R.R. Martin would stop dragging his feet and fracking finish writing this saga already. Now he's just messing with us.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 21, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »

So, let met get this straight.   On goEMAW; one minute Pat Bosco is the Godfather of all things K-State, the next minute he's just a puppet shill of the athletic director??

Make up your mind Agendites.

It's dumb whatever it is.  More damage and attention has been done over this than even a national championship would bring.  They better come out with something great or we are sitting here looking like idiots

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56:27 PM »

Who the eff are you talking about? Your old crazy ass has to make up things to be outraged about, Currie has barely been mentioned by posters outside of you. The board primary falls into two categories on this issue.

Just let her go (this has the subsets of: transfer rules are terrible, it is unnecessary embarrassment to the school, and it's women's basketball lets move on)

and

You damn kids are picking on John Currie again, leave him alone

Are you that bored with life that you have to invent enemies to argue with?