Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 222744 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1225 on: May 21, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
Dear Dr. Bosco,

Does OTL viewership top 200K these days?

I am sure they're looking at K-State to move the needle. 

Everybody's Super Bowl.

Signed,
sonofdaxjones

oh my god :lol: :lol:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 21, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
i'm hoping that Xavier Lopez does end up where ever Leti does, and that KSU has proof that he was shopping her around. Leti gets her release, Xavier gets his girl, and KSU can release evidence to prove the tampering and prove that Leti lied. Everyone wins.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 21, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
i'm hoping that Xavier Lopez does end up where ever Leti does, and that KSU has proof that he was shopping her around. Leti gets her release, Xavier gets his girl, and KSU can release evidence to prove the tampering and prove that Leti lied. Everyone wins.

Except WBB, it will forever be tarnished leading to down turns in game attendance and merchandise sales.  It would be a sad day in Women's athletics.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 21, 2014, 08:00:58 PM »
This is a win win win eventual win for me. Idiots embarrassed, big mouths mushed, the K-State administration imploding, the student athlete looking fresh and clean, a school, any school, exposed for using a student like trash, it's all amazing. The only thing left is for K-State to cop to this clown show and give in to her list of 100.

Also, KSU didn't officially sit down with her until nearly a month after this all went down and when she had the meeting the athletic director played dumb and passed the buck to someone not meeting with Leti. Obvious liar that bitch is.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 21, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
she didn't lie, she was just the only person in the world who didn't know why the AD denied her request.

agenda confirmed

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: May 21, 2014, 08:14:53 PM »
MIR just attempted the worst victory lap in history. 

Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 21, 2014, 08:29:27 PM »
APR should always be on the table for every transfer request discussion, particularly basketball transfers. 

The letter is great vindication in the sense that numerous reasons for why transfer requests should never be a rubber stamp were confirmed.   

Once the dust settled they should have gone ahead and granted the transfer, and frankly they should have a sense of humor and let UNC be on the list.  If she wants to follow that clown car to Northern Colorado wish her Godspeed and have good laugh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »
MIR just attempted the worst victory lap in history. 

Sad

Your inability to even consider admitting that you might be wrong about the most obvious things when it is apparent detracts from the occasional insightful post you have. It's increasingly tougher to identify when your insight starts and your bullshit ends. We can all read, we can all see you were wrong your insistence to stick to your guns to prove the anti Currie too cool for schoolers as fools is a predictable but hilarious exercise.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 21, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »
she didn't lie, she was just the only person in the world who didn't know why the AD denied her request.

agenda confirmed

Well considering the AD spent a month not knowing exactly why he should have been blocking her in the first place then when it was time to meet with Leti he played the, it wasn't me card, her lack of understanding makes much more sense.

John Currie is smooth

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:50 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 21, 2014, 08:55:10 PM »
Apparently you only read about half of what I post.   Where have I said that Currie 100% in the right?  Apparently you missed every caveat like the numerous "if this..." statements. 

Clearly they had some concerns and those concerns are legitimate enough to at minimum cause the breaks to be tapped on any transfer request.

Any person who can't understand that transfers particularly in these types situations cannot be a rubber stamp is so blinded by their agenda they can't see the forest through the trees. 

That point is further driven home by the fact that you continue to co mingle my points about the need to weigh each transfer request on its own merits and with athletic department impact in mind...with how K-State may have handled this situation shows that you are purely agenda driven. 

Allowing things like the possibility of player shopping to occur without any consideration would be administrative malfeasance and outright dereliction of duty.   

Anyone who can't see or understand that is, again, blinded by their own agenda. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:22 PM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 21, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »
I, for one, am very glad this all happened. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 21, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
Apparently you only read about half of what I post.   Where have I said that Currie 100% in the right?  Apparently you missed every caveat like the numerous "if this..." statements. 

Clearly they had some concerns and those concerns are legitimate enough to at minimum cause the breaks to be tapped on any transfer request.

Any person who can't understand that transfers particularly in these types situations cannot be a rubber stamp is so blinded by their agenda they can't see the forest through the trees. 

That point is further driven home by the fact that you continue to co mingle my points about the need to weigh each transfer request on its own merits and with athletic department impact in mind...with how K-State may have handled this situation shows that you are purely agenda driven. 

Allowing things like the possibility of player shopping to occur without any consideration would be administrative malfeasance and outright dereliction of duty.   

Hedging those bets is close enough for you, it's a big step.

The difference between our arguments all along was that my agenda had nothing to do with K-State, John Currie, or Leti Romero. You painted yourself into Currie's Corner to try to prove a stupid point, win some lose some.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 21, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »
I, for one, am very glad this all happened.

Wish I could say the same, John Currie and K-State's stupid transfer policy aren't taking enough hits on this, it's just generic K-State that is the bad guy. Currie won't get enough heat from donors to get that dumb policy off of the books. There's still hope that Bosco will publicly lash out, that'd be fun.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 21, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »

Hedging those bets is close enough for you, it's a big step.

The difference between our arguments all along was that my agenda had nothing to do with K-State, John Currie, or Leti Romero. You painted yourself into Currie's Corner to try to prove a stupid point, win some lose some.

LOL, it has everything to do with it.  No one buys your faux outrage and your leg humping of the Bilas Doctrine.

Any athletic department that would grant a transfer at seemingly the drop of the hat in these type of situations is either trying to cover up for something or simply doesn't care about their fiduciary responsibility to protect the interests of the athletic department and university; first, foremost and always . . . and just so we're clear, since you seem to have trouble with this, that is not to say they should not go ahead and eventually grant the transfer once the situation is completely vetted.   

Your constant co-mingling of several important factors in consideration for the allowance of a transfer and the discussion thereof (or at least the attempt to discuss them) with how K-State handled this particular situation only reinforces your agenda against Currie and the athletic department.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 21, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »
I've been wondering how long Pat was going to let John drag his name through this before he steps on his throat.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 21, 2014, 09:24:08 PM »

I've been wondering how long Pat was going to let John drag his name through this before he steps on his throat.

think he big bro'd currie and said "I'll write some letter and you just sign it and for the love of god please stop making us look like dumbasses"?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 21, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett 2m

Kansas State just sent out a release on Leticia Romero. The decision of an appeals committee to deny her release is final and binding.

sweet jesus
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 21, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
holy crap

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: May 21, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »
omfg

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 21, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
 :ksu:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 21, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
Bosco!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 21, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »