Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218952 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1000 on: May 07, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
I think we can all agree it's been about the APR all along.

You're right, A PR nightmare.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 07, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
Yes, set off! Look at Dax pointing out the angry black man sitting over in the corner smiling. The two :ROFL: I used in my post gave my anger away, huh? Also did you guys see when dax said that they didn't release her possibly because of APR issues, I pointed out that WBB has no APR issues nor the immediate potential of one and then he completely changed his stance.

It is not incredibly dumb for Currie not to grant the release if the player is going to damage the APR scores.  I know no one here has all the facts, in fact, everyone here and ESPN has the absolute bare minimum level of facts . .  but possibly they wanted her to complete the semester and hopefully do well?

It's a simple set of questions.  Why should K-State just automatically give in to her demands if she is part of some package deal for a former K-State coach, and why should K-State just automatically give in if her transfer is going to damage K-State's APR?

The high APR of women's sports is absolutely immaterial to the discussion, why take a hit because some player wants to bail possibly as part of a package deal with a former coach? 

What happened in those 35 minutes? Did you see that K-State WBB had 6 academic all-conference players this past season?

For the future, instead of going with the amazingly lazy angry black man card, you should just say, "I guess I was wrong about that." I know it's hard for you but after the first time admitting you're wrong gets much easier, easier than saying racist crap anyway.

You sadly bring race into nearly every discussion.  Pathetic.  It's very close to impossible for you to have any discussion without either bringing up racism or sexism and many times it's both.   

I was fully aware of WBB's APR, I've been following APR, the Federal Graduation Rate  and GSR for years.

Again, the status of the rest of the team is immaterial to this discussion.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 07, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »
The "it's just women's basketball" thing that people like GOSP does is interesting because I think a women's basketball player is more sympathetic to the media and the public than a star football or men's basketball player would be. I'm floored that the administration of K-State didn't and continue to not figure this out. Are these guys insulated by too many yes men?

I'd never use those exact words, but yes I didn't think this would get as much publicity as it has, since it was a women's sport.  Myabe this is a sign of the (welcome) strides women's sports have been making.  Did you know Manhattan, Kansas, hosted the women's Final Four in 1974?  That won't happen again.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:01:49 PM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 07, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
Yes, set off! Look at Dax pointing out the angry black man sitting over in the corner smiling. The two :ROFL: I used in my post gave my anger away, huh? Also did you guys see when dax said that they didn't release her possibly because of APR issues, I pointed out that WBB has no APR issues nor the immediate potential of one and then he completely changed his stance.

It is not incredibly dumb for Currie not to grant the release if the player is going to damage the APR scores.  I know no one here has all the facts, in fact, everyone here and ESPN has the absolute bare minimum level of facts . .  but possibly they wanted her to complete the semester and hopefully do well?

It's a simple set of questions.  Why should K-State just automatically give in to her demands if she is part of some package deal for a former K-State coach, and why should K-State just automatically give in if her transfer is going to damage K-State's APR?

The high APR of women's sports is absolutely immaterial to the discussion, why take a hit because some player wants to bail possibly as part of a package deal with a former coach? 

What happened in those 35 minutes? Did you see that K-State WBB had 6 academic all-conference players this past season?

For the future, instead of going with the amazingly lazy angry black man card, you should just say, "I guess I was wrong about that." I know it's hard for you but after the first time admitting you're wrong gets much easier, easier than saying racist crap anyway.

You sadly bring race into nearly every discussion.  Pathetic.  It's very close to impossible for you to have any discussion without either bringing up racism or sexism and many times it's both.   

I was fully aware of WBB's APR, I've been following APR, the Federal Graduation Rate  and GSR for years.

I didn't say anything remotely close to angry, so I guess I don't know how else I was supposed to construe that; you said it I didn't.

You also said that it was an APR issue now you're saying that Leti not damaging the team's APR isn't germane to the conversation. At this point it would be best for you to shut up as you clearly have talked yourself into knots, but you are incapable of letting anyone be right so I'm sure you'll say something else stupid.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 07, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »
Romero if you want to, Romero around the world
Romero if you want to, without wings without wheels
Romero if you want to, Romero around the world
Romero if you want to, without anything but the love we feel

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 07, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »
It's still like 100 degrees out.  I'm gonna wear my Angel jersey (sleeveless undershirt underneath) today in retroactive support.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1006 on: May 07, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
What a pickle. A P-P-P-P-P-Pickle (dill)!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 07, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
Dax, you don't have to take my word for it as you undoubtedly have seen pictures of super-smiley MIR.  He's not perpetually angry.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 07, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
The "it's just women's basketball" thing that people like GOSP does is interesting because I think a women's basketball player is more sympathetic to the media and the public than a star football or men's basketball player would be. I'm floored that the administration of K-State didn't and continue to not figure this out. Are these guys insulated by too many yes men?

I'd never use those exact words, but yes I didn't think this would get as much publicity as it has, since it was a women's sport.  Myabe this is a sign of the (welcome) strides women's sports have been making.  Did you know Manhattan, Kansas, hosted the women's Final Four in 1974?  That won't happen again.

I didn't know that! Of course as you know the NCAA didn't recognize women's basketball as a sport then so it was the AIAW championship. You guys want to hear something else stupid SonOfDiarrheaOfTheMouth said? He doesn't think that the fact that the NCAA didn't recognize women's basketball untill the 1981-82 season is a factor in the sport not having as much parity as men's basketball. You can't make this stuff up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 07, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »

I didn't say anything remotely close to angry, so I guess I don't know how else I was supposed to construe that; you said it I didn't.

You also said that it was an APR issue now you're saying that Leti not damaging the team's APR isn't germane to the conversation. At this point it would be best for you to shut up as you clearly have talked yourself into knots, but you are incapable of letting anyone be right so I'm sure you'll say something else stupid.

Incorrect.  Again, you were so eager to pounce you failed to comprehend.  I said the status of the rest of the members of the team was immaterial to the discussion.  I don't care if there were OTHER players who were academic All-American's.   I don't care if the overall TEAM APR is high.   

And again . . . it's a rare day when you can make it through any thread without bringing race, racism or sexism into the discussion.  Sad

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 07, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »
I think she should be released. I also give no shits about how it "hurts" our national perception. Mainly because I think it won't (in the long term).
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 07, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

Incorrect.  Again, you were so eager to pounce you failed to comprehend.  I said the status of the rest of the members of the team was immaterial to the discussion.  I don't care if there were OTHER players who were academic All-American's.   I don't care if the overall TEAM APR is high.   

And again . . . it's a rare day when you can make it through any thread without bringing race, racism or sexism into the discussion.  Sad

Can someone else make sense of what the hell dax is talking about? They won't release Leti because of APR issues yet what the APR of the team is isn't an issue :confused: if this bullshit makes sense to anyone else please explain it to me a different way so I can get it.

My post history runs quite contrary to "And again . . . it's a rare day when you can make it through any thread without bringing race, racism or sexism into the discussion.  Sad" I would like to once again point out, we were talking about K-State making themselves look foolish and you decided to play the angry black dude card, not me. GOSP didn't observe anger, only you did. Look within bro.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 07, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
Why is this so hard?  You tried to blow me up by bringing up the APR of the women's sports teams.   I was talking specifically about Leti, her specific situation, and the impact she specifically could possibly have on the APR.  The situation of the rest of the team is immaterial to Leti's specific situation.

But again, you're so eager to try and blow me up, you're not understanding.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 07, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
The only downside to this whole thing is if no one has actually talked to Leti.  Is that really a possibility? I find it hard to believe she is part of some elaborate lying scheme.  KState would save face be sitting down with her and keeping her up to date on the process.  It is unlikely an 18 yr old anywhere would understand the complications that come with staffing changes.  It is also likely they could have swayed her to be positive about the experience had the university been up front with her.  Honestly, I would bet the farm she will get her release before the summer.

Saw this in the comments, is it true?

"Last year Kansas State did not release a football player Manase Foketi after he graduated and wanted to go play near home. If you go to Kansas state it is like going to prison. stay away kids."

Yes that is true on Foketi though it was a couple of years ago not last year.  KSU's reason was they filed the paperwork to get him a medical redshirt therefore he owed them another year. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 07, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »
Captain Crap you say what about Leti's grades!?  Are they bad or are they really bad? :ohno:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 07, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
Why is this so hard?  You tried to blow me up by bringing up the APR of the women's sports teams.   I was talking specifically about Leti, her specific situation, and the impact she specifically could possibly have on the APR.  The situation of the rest of the team is immaterial to Leti's specific situation.

I don't understand what you're saying because APR is a team rating, so the status of the other 13 players of the team are pretty important dax. on a scale of 1-14, 13 is a significantly larger number than 1. Of course all of this is assuming that Leti would have literally been the first college basketball player to transfer from one D1 school to another D1 school and then drop out of the school she's transferring from three weeks before finals.

The fact that you won't even quietly bow out of this conversation because your point about APR was triple dumb is astounding to me. Like it's dumb on several levels but you keep running it out there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 07, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »

I don't understand what you're saying because APR is a team rating, so the status of the other 13 players of the team are pretty important dax. on a scale of 1-14, 13 is a significantly larger number than 1. Of course all of this is assuming that Leti would have literally been the first college basketball player to transfer from one D1 school to another D1 school and then drop out of the school she's transferring from three weeks before finals.

The fact that you won't even quietly bow out of this conversation because your point about APR was triple dumb is astounding to me. Like it's dumb on several levels but you keep running it out there.

You're making so many broad assumptions and generalizations there's no way to even respond.  You have absolutely no way of knowing what's going on, and everything I said in my post that brought this knee jerk reactionary response from you was in the form of a question and very specific to the individual.   

I feel the same way about your just bowing out, you've so misinterpreted everything I've said you're just trying to get the last word in at this  juncture and doing a bad job in the process.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 07, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
So no one else can decipher what the hell dax is talking about?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 07, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
So no one else can decipher what the hell dax is talking about?

Tap out noted.

Thanks for all the "info" on APR though Captain Obvious.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 07, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
When did Dax become such a conformist lemming for the K-State athletic department?  From "disassociated" to "knee jerk apologist."  Sad, really.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 07, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »
When did Dax become such a conformist lemming for the K-State athletic department?  From "disassociated" to "knee jerk apologist."  Sad, really.

he's not apologizing for the AD.  he, unlike many here, refuse to buy the party line that K-State is in the wrong.  you know, that is one of the boxes available to be checked.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 07, 2014, 02:59:19 PM »
Dax always takes the opposite of the goEMAW official stance.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 07, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »

he's not apologizing for the AD.  he, unlike many here, refuse to buy the party line that K-State is in the wrong.  you know, that is one of the boxes available to be checked.

Not releasing an athlete when the coach they were recruited by gets fired is flat-out wrong.  Dax is riding the same train as Fitz and the rest of the K-State herd who buy Currie's excuses hook, line, and sinker.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 07, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
clams is in the pocket of Big AD. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1024 on: May 07, 2014, 03:21:09 PM »
The yin to the raging goSHEEPmaw yang.  The only --- or only one of a handful --- to raise above the vise grip of the 5 who control the mindless mass!