Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 222750 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #700 on: April 22, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »
Fitz's column is free, FWIW. https://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1634056

There is no new info in that, did he read my post because I said that 2 days ago? We are well aware that Shalee is dangling Leti, but what some people are continuing to neglect to address is that she doesn't want to be here, and Shalee is no longer here, why does John Currie or anyone else care about where she goes if she doesn't want to be here? Once you break up with your significant other you don't get to pick who she dates next.

On one hand people keep saying that we need to protect ourselves from this situation happening again but on the other hand they say this is a very unique case. If you have to fire coaches losing players should just be considered a consequence of that action.

No one said it wasn't going to be a consequence, but what AD wants a situation where if they fire a coach they just give the former coach free and open season on all the current players at the coaches former program to dangle in front of other perspective employers?    No AD is going to be make it that easy, particularly IF it was done in a blatant and overt fashion.    No AD worth two shits is going to just allow that to happen that easily.

Players following coaches is far from unusual. The AD should only care if a player wants to leave or stay, once a player decides to leave there is no reason for the AD to care, if there is a tampering concern use the NCAA and leave it alone.

Everyone knows players follow coaches.  There's a list a mile long why an AD should care, and just throwing it over to the NCAA is at times a fools errand.

Just admit that your saying all of this stuff because of the personalities involved.  How sad is it that an individual that got every possible break, accolade, award, recognition and a career out of K-State (that could have been ongoing, and possibly a path to the head coaches seat) that one could possibly get . . . may now be stabbing K-State right in the back?

The fact that the old staff was fired is immaterial, because she was offered an opportunity to stay at K-State and didn't take it.

If she was that great, why would any future coaching position come with caveats like bringing a player from the old job?  (if that is indeed the case).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 22, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
from my understanding, you're an AD placement, who is here to play damage control.

are you insinuating that CC is in the pocket of Big AD ?   :confused:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 22, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »
Fitz's column is free, FWIW. https://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1634056

There is no new info in that, did he read my post because I said that 2 days ago? We are well aware that Shalee is dangling Leti, but what some people are continuing to neglect to address is that she doesn't want to be here, and Shalee is no longer here, why does John Currie or anyone else care about where she goes if she doesn't want to be here? Once you break up with your significant other you don't get to pick who she dates next.

On one hand people keep saying that we need to protect ourselves from this situation happening again but on the other hand they say this is a very unique case. If you have to fire coaches losing players should just be considered a consequence of that action.

No one said it wasn't going to be a consequence, but what AD wants a situation where if they fire a coach they just give the former coach free and open season on all the current players at the coaches former program to dangle in front of other perspective employers?    No AD is going to be make it that easy, particularly IF it was done in a blatant and overt fashion.    No AD worth two shits is going to just allow that to happen that easily.

Players following coaches is far from unusual. The AD should only care if a player wants to leave or stay, once a player decides to leave there is no reason for the AD to care, if there is a tampering concern use the NCAA and leave it alone.

Everyone knows players follow coaches.  There's a list a mile long why an AD should care, and just throwing it over to the NCAA is at times a fools errand.

Just admit that your saying all of this stuff because of the personalities involved.  How sad is it that an individual that got every possible break, accolade, award, recognition and a career out of K-State (that could have been ongoing, and possibly a path to the head coaches seat) that one could possibly get . . . may now be stabbing K-State right in the back?

The fact that the old staff was fired is immaterial, because she was offered an opportunity to stay at K-State and didn't take it.

If she was that great, why would any future coaching position come with caveats like bringing a player from the old job?  (if that is indeed the case).

if her shalee's name was john currie, then people would care

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 22, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
from my understanding, you're an AD placement, who is here to play damage control.

If by in the pocket of Big AD you mean, an athletic department employee who is under instruction to monitor the board and an attempt to steer discourse, yes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 22, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »
Just admit that your saying all of this stuff because of the personalities involved. 

Do you have any earthly clue how much you sound like beems? "If this were KU you would feel differently, admit it!" Jesus christ man, we can't have a conversation without you derailing it with this stupid crap. I've stated my stance on student-athlete movement roughly a dozen times in this conversation. If you don't have anything to say to poke holes in the point being made just shut up.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 22, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »
women.. can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em, amirite?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 22, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »

If by in the pocket of Big AD you mean, an athletic department employee who is under instruction to monitor the board and an attempt to steer discourse, yes.

Well, gE is a pretty big deal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 22, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »
Just admit that your saying all of this stuff because of the personalities involved. 

Do you have any earthly clue how much you sound like beems? "If this were KU you would feel differently, admit it!" Jesus christ man, we can't have a conversation without you derailing it with this stupid crap. I've stated my stance on student-athlete movement roughly a dozen times in this conversation. If you don't have anything to say to poke holes in the point being made just shut up.

I had plenty to say besides the one thing you're addressing here.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 22, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

:lol:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 22, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »

You've been misinformed, friend.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »
i thought this was the conspiracy theories thread?

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 22, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »
Did the Angel comment ever get clarified?

No. From what I have gathered in this thread and on twitter, the investigation is ongoing and headed by Trim

:facepalm: It has been clarified.

Clearly you did what you could to do that, but it is more fun to tell people who also clearly skipped that part of the thread that it wasn't.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:31:59 PM by yoman »
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »
i thought this was the conspiracy theories thread?

It is.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 22, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
     @JayBilas: @kellyinvegas No, there's not. It's wrong to block the transfer of any student. That's a non-compete provision that is used for employees.

Isn't Jay Bilas the big pay the players advocate?  I'm extrapolating a lot here, but anyone else think he saying pay players, then he's ok with a "non-compete" clause on transfers? 

Also, why does fitz think the previous staff was destroying documents "included medical records"?  That's weird right?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 22, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
Also, why does fitz think the previous staff was destroying documents "included medical records"?  That's weird right?

Yes, I'd like to hear more about Deb BIDing on her way out.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 22, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »
I don't understand why KSU should have to suck it up and deal with the fallout of firing a coach and potentially losing players. But Leti shouldn't have to suck it up for making crap decisions in who she allied herself with and deal with the fallout.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 22, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »

WTF?  You and I are on the same side of this argument.  And yes, it's true... Dax would be on one of his anti-KU crusades if the roles were reversed.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 22, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »
MIR......I am starting to think you are Shalee or Deb yourself.....no one shows the shear passion as you regarding this issue and it doesn't matter what points are being made about this issue, you sure are going to argue them....

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 22, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

Right or wrong I believe she feels stabbed in the back first.  I don't think it mattered who got the job as head coach she wasn't staying.

As for the issue with Angel.  Maybe it was presented to her by the AD as "we want you to stay a year and try out the new coach like Angel did and then if you want to transfer we will release, same as Angel."  Doesn't mean that the AD told Angel that he had to stay a year to get released, just that he did stay a year and so the AD released him.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 22, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

I think this is what happens when you have a coach there for 20 years and have all of her former players on her staff.  They are probably fiercely loyal, don't understand the dynamics in college sports (people get fired/move on regularly), and aren't mature enough to respect their employer.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #720 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »

I think this is what happens when you have a coach there for 20 years and have all of her former players on her staff.  They are probably fiercely loyal, don't understand the dynamics in college sports (people get fired/move on regularly), and aren't mature enough to respect their employer.

There is probably a lot of truth to this.  I know when I left the rental equipment industry I urinated in the file cabinets before I left.  Probably close to the same thing.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 22, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »
Does anyone seriously believe Angel would've taken a one year deal to stay and see what oscar was like? I mean, come on.

Could he pay his own way for a year if they did the same thing to him that they're doing to Romero?  I don't know that he could.  If he gets pushy then all the AD has to do is start rumors (that will never be proven or even officially adopted) that the former staff has been reaching out to him and they're not going to take it.  How quick and with how much zeal would the majority of go purple cat nation not only embrace those rumors, but vilify the crap out of Angel and Frank?  Jeans would be creamed all across western Kansas. 

Lordy, you're falling all over yourself to believe that a former K-State player and assistant coach must be some lying scumbag manipulator out to eff over K-State to further her own career.  Could it possibly be that Romero is close to her and that she would like to maintain their relationship if possible and vice versa?  Is that so rough ridin' out of bounds?  An actual honest to goodness player-coach relationship exists that they mutually value?  Then maybe that regardless of the motive Currie is more than happy to be a petty vindictive fuckface?  Nope, no way.  Currie gets to make that call as he should.  He is the appropriate arbiter of the freshman Spanish girl's destiny. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 22, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
she is saying that both she and angel were told to stick it out one more year and that the request would be granted, but if they tried to leave sooner it wouldn't. that's kind of a big deal to me.

Angel was never told that. No deal was ever offered to Angel prior to the 2012-13 season. He never expressed any desire to transfer until after the 2012-13 season. He was then given a release.

Is the statement by Leti the reason you are so convinced there is something more to it than that, or are there other factors at play here?

i'm not convinced of anything and don't think i've come off that way. i do think it's fair to point out that leti never said angel requested a release the previous year when the gopowercat story said she did.

i also think it's fair to at least bring up the possibility that what she said was offered to her could have also been offered to angel. i mean the situations are/were almost identical and angel couldn't have left faster after his one year w/ oscar.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 22, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »
Does anyone seriously believe Angel would've taken a one year deal to stay and see what oscar was like? I mean, come on.

Could he pay his own way for a year if they did the same thing to him that they're doing to Romero?  I don't know that he could.  If he gets pushy then all the AD has to do is start rumors (that will never be proven or even officially adopted) that the former staff has been reaching out to him and they're not going to take it.  How quick and with how much zeal would the majority of go purple cat nation not only embrace those rumors, but vilify the crap out of Angel and Frank?  Jeans would be creamed all across western Kansas. 

Lordy, you're falling all over yourself to believe that a former K-State player and assistant coach must be some lying scumbag manipulator out to eff over K-State to further her own career.  Could it possibly be that Romero is close to her and that she would like to maintain their relationship if possible and vice versa?  Is that so rough ridin' out of bounds?  An actual honest to goodness player-coach relationship exists that they mutually value?  Then maybe that regardless of the motive Currie is more than happy to be a petty vindictive fuckface?  Nope, no way.  Currie gets to make that call as he should.  He is the appropriate arbiter of the freshman Spanish girl's destiny. 

I'm not falling over myself for anything, I'm just part of this discussion. I do think its interesting.

I think Currie has done plenty to mess up the situation. Honestly, I don't have a problem with Romero following Lehning wherever, but I also don't have a problem with K-State getting involved if they (Romero/Lehning/other coach) completely messed up the transfer process. A process many, many other K-State athletes have went through while Currie has been here and only 1 other (that I know of) went public because he wasn't granted a release.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 22, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
never thought i'd say this, but this thread could use a little katdaddy