Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 219032 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #600 on: April 22, 2014, 04:35:51 AM »
Left with nothing again.  Sorry Beems, but probably one of your worst efforts.

Maybe next time.

LOL, in your bipolar, multi-board rage and affirmation fests, where you have an absolute free reign to post whatever you want too here.

Copying and pasting brilliance will win you no favor.

Sorry . . . Friends?

I'm still waiting for you to finish that sentence.

You left out the next sentence.

Look, you know you're pretty much on the edge of rage when you're playing the role of, dare I say it?   Grammar Nazi.

Plenty of effort has gone into the thread on this topic over that the Phog, I am sure you've got plenty more to say over there, so no need to hijack this thread.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 22, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »
Did the Angel comment ever get clarified?

No. From what I have gathered in this thread and on twitter, the investigation is ongoing and headed by Trim

:thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 22, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »
if we don't find out, pretty f'n quick, what's going on then i'm just going to be even madder than i already am.  this sh_t is ridiculous!  i am pissed off and honestly am ready to blow a stack!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 22, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
You're such a hypocrite, Dax.  If KU was holding one of our players hostage, you'd be on one of your anti-KU crusades for weeks on end.

LOL, in your bipolar, multi-board rage and affirmation fests, where you have an absolute free reign to post whatever you want too here.  You're the last person who should be calling anyone a hypocrite.

Pretty hypocritical to call someone unstable in the same sentence in which you invoke the name of Lucifer, your Lord.

I'm not ashamed to say this but.... I think I'm in love with Spracne. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 22, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »
Jay is going nuts on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 22, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »
Jay is going nuts on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from:  jay bilas
Good for K-State recruits to note - KSU handbook says it will deny most transfers: http://bit.ly/1kKAfyq  EWAH - Every Wildcat A Hostage?

That isn't very nice. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 22, 2014, 10:02:05 AM »
The Animal needs to respond to him and threaten to kill him......

BTW.....WTH does Bilas know about our university?  Did he sit in on the committee meeting?  No.  Twitter people need to jump his jock and ask him to shut up since he is not part of the AD/university, and anything tied to KSU!!
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
You're such a hypocrite, Dax.  If KU was holding one of our players hostage, you'd be on one of your anti-KU crusades for weeks on end.

LOL, in your bipolar, multi-board rage and affirmation fests, where you have an absolute free reign to post whatever you want too here.  You're the last person who should be calling anyone a hypocrite.

Pretty hypocritical to call someone unstable in the same sentence in which you invoke the name of Lucifer, your Lord.

I'm not ashamed to say this but.... I think I'm in love with Spracne.

The kids got skillz.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
Be gentle Jay.

John Currie ?@John_Currie 46s

Looking forward to sitting down w @jaybilas this AM. National transfer issues are complex/need reform... (Cont'd)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »
Be gentle Jay.

Looking forward to sitting down w @jaybilas this AM. National transfer issues are complex/need reform... (Cont'd)

Is this on ESPN or somewhere?  Currie could be about to get his ass kicked

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
Be gentle Jay.

Is this on ESPN or somewhere?  Currie could be about to get his ass kicked

by a one sided argument! 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:39 AM »
i'm just going to come out and say it- if currie doesn't get his ass kicked by bilas then i'm going to be so pissed off at currie that i'm going to @ him on twitter.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 22, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
i hope currie brings the animal with him  :ohno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2014, 11:01:55 AM »
John Currie ?@John_Currie  11m
Generally speaking, on RARE occasions that we have denied a student-athlete transfer release... (Cont'd)

John Currie ?@John_Currie  10m
It has been because of concerns about outside tampering, undue influence by third parties... (Cont'd)

John Currie ?@John_Currie  9m
or procedures not being followed in an honest and forthright manner.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 22, 2014, 11:02:36 AM »
Who has actually been denied? Romero and that offensive lineman a couple years ago? That's all I can remember.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 22, 2014, 11:05:40 AM »
Who has actually been denied? Romero and that offensive lineman a couple years ago? That's all I can remember.

That we know of.  Could be more, most of the time you don't hear about transfers until they transfer.  If denied then nothing to see/hear.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
 :popcorn:

Boy it just keeps getting better and better. I hope they release a DVD
@Trogdor_gE

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »
I don't care about WBB so this doesn't matter to me, really. However, I don't mind the hard stance that we have chosen. From what I had heard, after Deb was axed (3 years too late probably), that several major schools tried recruiting Romero to their program although she had not yet declared her intentions to transfer.

From what I have gathered is that if Romero would have immediately declared her intention to transfer rather than sit around here, while still on scholarship and communicate with other programs, then this whole situation could have been avoided.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 22, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
I don't care about WBB so this doesn't matter to me, really. However, I don't mind the hard stance that we have chosen. From what I had heard, after Deb was axed (3 years too late probably), that several major schools tried recruiting Romero to their program although she had not yet declared her intentions to transfer.

From what I have gathered is that if Romero would have immediately declared her intention to transfer rather than sit around here, while still on scholarship and communicate with other programs, then this whole situation could have been avoided.

If that is the case then you limit the release to where she can't go to those schools and release her.  This is a none revenue sport that no one cares about... until you do something like this.  Now all the sudden this is being brought up by Jay Bilas!  And why?  just to prove a point on a sport that no one cares about?  So we are choosing to take a stand and a black eye on something meaningless.   :th_twocents:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 22, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
I don't disagree with you catz.  But by the same token, you can't just give in if it's tampering.  You can't make it easy for other schools/coaches to tamper with your players, and no, saying it happens all the time doesn't change anything.   Other schools aren't just going to roll over on a tampering case, unless they just don't want the player, why should K-State IF that is indeed the case?

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 22, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »

If that is the case then you limit the release to where she can't go to those schools and release her.  This is a none revenue sport that no one cares about... until you do something like this.  Now all the sudden this is being brought up by Jay Bilas!  And why?  just to prove a point on a sport that no one cares about?  So we are choosing to take a stand and a black eye on something meaningless.   :th_twocents:

I agree. But you can't just cave and let someone tamper with a player on scholarship.

I think it more or less speaks to the uniform policy by the AD regarding this. I can't imagine the same case took place with Tomasi Mariner where schools were beating down the door to ask him to come lace them up, so there must be extenuating circumstances. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 22, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »

you can't use the "sport know one cares about" stance to defend your arguement. that establishes differential treatment for certain athlete groups, which isn't exactly a precedent you want to set.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 22, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »
This thread really separates the independent thinkers from the KSU fanboy conformists.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
So are there rules in place against "tampering" or not?

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #624 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »
You know, I had forgotten about the Manase Foketi situation.  I also find it funny how a kid from California who wanted to transfer "closer to home" ended up at West Texas A&M.