Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221413 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2014, 12:39:22 AM »
How much honor did those ladies want?

Camie played at Texas.

Moylan was a good player at K-State 20 plus years ago.

Lehning had a mountain of honor and praise heaped on her from K-State.

I don't get it.

Kamie is a former national player of the year, national champion, gold medalist, hall of famer and considered one of the best ever to play the sport. At 18 years she had one of the longest assistant coaching stints in school history, if not the longest.

You keep running your fat mouth about people just being mad because it's Currie. Not that anyone cares but what is your level of credibility when all you do is defend his actions no matter what because your ego is inflated enough that you think anyone cares that you see yourself as some foil to the "too cool for schoolers?" This is the second straight staff, not head coach but staff, to depart angrily. The last time we were told that the staff were going to stay to flee their oppressive monster of a head coach. How did that work out? You keep fighting the too cool for schoolers and I'm going to wait for the next group of people to bid on their way out of the door after dealing with Currie.

Oh bullshit.  I don't need an effing lecture about Kamie Etheridge and what she did while playing at Texas or someplace else besides K-State.   Why would anyone assume that K-State owed her any type of special honor besides the ongoing set of accolades and praise (which at times were significant) she received almost the entire time she was employed at K-State as a fairly highly compensated assistant women's coach?   

Who cares if this women's coaching staff left angrily?   They were given every benefit to get the ship going in the right direction, and in the final 5 years of Patterson's tenure there were 3 five win conference seasons, including the last two.   They had no one to blame but themselves.

Scores of athletic directors would have dismissed Deb Patterson at the end of her contract under those circumstances; 34-52 in conference AFTER getting a FIVE year contract extension. 

I'll leave some of the other particularities surrounding Deb Patterson's tenure at K-State off the table . . . for now.

Hide your skeletons boys, Dax is gonna start opening up some closets.

That's what he says.   :popcorn:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2014, 04:13:39 AM »
MIR tapout noted and accepted.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2014, 05:43:22 AM »
Deb Patterson coached up this girl from Spain on how Angel Rodriguez's transfer attempt(s) went and how to reference them in her own PR battle?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2014, 08:01:07 AM »
gE isn't subject to Title 9 where we have to give equal time and attention to the women's sports.  Let's get the focus back on Angel or at least why this ladykat was invoking his name as a prior example of KSU refusing to give a release to players who lost their coach.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:43 AM »

Really? I didn't see any question you asked in that post or anything you hadn't already said a million times. I did :lol: at your Fitz like, I'll reveal secrets if I have to threat. You can't stop being self-important, it's adorable.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »

Really? I didn't see any question you asked in that post or anything you hadn't already said a million times. I did :lol: at your Fitz like, I'll reveal secrets if I have to threat. You can't stop being self-important, it's adorable.

I didn't say they were secrets or even implied that they were in any way, (do you have a reading comprehension issue?) in fact they're pretty well known for anyone that's actually paid attention.

Any coach of a higher profile sport at K-State that goes 20 games below .500 in conference over the course of a five year stretch, the same stretch were said coach gets an automatic pay raise every single year.   Is going to lose their job, on the men's side, they wouldn't even make it five years.

oscar Weber goes 20 or so games under .500 over 5 years in conference (again, he'd never make it 5 years) you'll be all "BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN" by the 3rd game of the 1st season of the spiral.

The fact that you get all angered up and defensive about the crappy job Deb and staff were doing is hilarious.   The fact that you get all angered up about the reality that K-State is just applying the same standard to a women's basketball player that gets applied in nearly every other transfer situation at K-State is even more hilarious.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »
deb deserved to be fired.

players that came here to play for her should get to go wherever the eff they want.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2014, 10:26:55 AM »
Deb Patterson coached up this girl from Spain on how Angel Rodriguez's transfer attempt(s) went and how to reference them in her own PR battle?

All oblique references have been to "the former staff."  What if it wasn't Deb in this girl's ear, but Frank?   :Wha:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:06 AM »
Women's BB  :dubious:

Pullen and B-Eazy should be up in the rafters tho.  This conversation should be talked about more. 

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2014, 11:30:47 AM »
deb deserved to be fired.

players that came here to play for her should get to go wherever the eff they want.

Yeah, this is what I think too.  (but I live in a cave)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »

I didn't say they were secrets or even implied that they were in any way, (do you have a reading comprehension issue?) in fact they're pretty well known for anyone that's actually paid attention.

Any coach of a higher profile sport at K-State that goes 20 games below .500 in conference over the course of a five year stretch, the same stretch were said coach gets an automatic pay raise every single year.   Is going to lose their job, on the men's side, they wouldn't even make it five years.

oscar Weber goes 20 or so games under .500 over 5 years in conference (again, he'd never make it 5 years) you'll be all "BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN" by the 3rd game of the 1st season of the spiral.

The fact that you get all angered up and defensive about the crappy job Deb and staff were doing is hilarious.   The fact that you get all angered up about the reality that K-State is just applying the same standard to a women's basketball player that gets applied in nearly every other transfer situation at K-State is even more hilarious.

MiR isn't here defending deb's record or arguing that she shouldn't have been fired

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

MiR isn't here defending deb's record or arguing that she shouldn't have been fired

Still behind the curb.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »

All oblique references have been to "the former staff."  What if it wasn't Deb in this girl's ear, but Frank?   :Wha:

Love it.  Would also better explain how "the former staff" would have any idea what Angel's situation was.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2014, 01:34:44 PM »
I think catz might be deb

can confirm I am not.

you'll have to get him to post, first.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 17, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »

Love it.  Would also better explain how "the former staff" would have any idea what Angel's situation was.

I believe she was saying that is what Currie told her, not the former staff. :facepalm:

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 17, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »
catz is definitely deb

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 17, 2014, 03:42:37 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 17, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »

Still behind the curb.

:confused: :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 17, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »

Still behind the curb.

:confused: :dunno:

Clams, not you.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 17, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 17, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »
i feel like i'm behind the curb and the curve right now

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 18, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
Pretty much.  Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles