Author Topic: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas  (Read 64471 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
I want to meet a medieval history major grad.  I'd party with them

They would probably binge on mead and then force you to go LARPing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
:bawl: It's not fair!

"I didn't have a problem with taxpayers subsidizing my tuition but I've already graduated so eff everyone who didn't go to college when I did"

I also went to school when the higher education tuition bubble was less inflated than it is today, and back when most graduates could still land a decent job. :grin:

But seriously, you ought to tell the BoR that instead of passing on the cost to you, maybe the university ought to shut down some of its more worthless departments.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:42:16 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
My favorite part was:

"Both K-State and KU students are paying more to fund higher education than the state of Kansas, which is not fair," said Regent Dan Lykins of Topeka.

Are you seriously telling me that college students have to pay for a bigger share of their education than the taxpayers at large? Are you rough ridin' kidding me?! What kind of society are we living in? :runaway:

I also liked:

"It's never good public policy to cut higher education," Logan said.

Did you here that GOP? NEVER.

Guess this is a fun thing to complain about if you were fortunate enough to attend and graduate from college when public schools received more government funding

Yet the "eff you, I got mine" platform is enough to get about 65 percent of the votes in Kansas.

But this is the elitist liberal platform on taxes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2013, 02:39:40 PM »
My favorite part was:

"Both K-State and KU students are paying more to fund higher education than the state of Kansas, which is not fair," said Regent Dan Lykins of Topeka.

Are you seriously telling me that college students have to pay for a bigger share of their education than the taxpayers at large? Are you rough ridin' kidding me?! What kind of society are we living in? :runaway:

I also liked:

Guess this is a fun thing to complain about if you were fortunate enough to attend and graduate from college when public schools received more government funding

Yet the "eff you, I got mine" platform is enough to get about 65 percent of the votes in Kansas.

the slow decent of JD to ge.c neocon retardedness is very sad.   :cry:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2013, 03:11:52 PM »
My favorite part was:

I also liked:

the slow decent of JD to ge.c neocon retardedness is very sad.   :cry:

I'm probably the most moderate poster on ge.c.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »
 :lol:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
there is a poster on this board who works for sam brownback and refuses to do anything drastic  :sdeek:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
there is a poster on this board who works for sam brownback and refuses to do anything drastic  :sdeek:

:shakesfist:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »

"I didn't have a problem with taxpayers subsidizing my tuition but I've already graduated so eff everyone who didn't go to college when I did"

I also went to school when the higher education tuition bubble was less inflated than it is today, and back when most graduates could still land a decent job. :grin:

But seriously, you ought to tell the BoR that instead of passing on the cost to you, maybe the university ought to shut down some of its more worthless departments.

LoL.  Is this more liberal arts butthurt or so you have a reason?  We could start by noting the building was built with private donations.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »

Sat near a guy at a tbones game recently that works in the state cap.  He told me that Brownback has two ppl on his staff who's jobs are to chase all social media criticism of brownback down and punish the those responsible. He was paranoid and has changed all his stuff online to be as anonymous as possible.  Didn't seem high at all either.   :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »

Sat near a guy at a tbones game recently that works in the state cap.  He told me that Brownback has two ppl on his staff who's jobs are to chase all social media criticism of brownback down and punish the those responsible. He was paranoid and has changed all his stuff online to be as anonymous as possible.  Didn't seem high at all either.   :dunno:

If he were president he could just use the IRS.  Ba-dink-ching!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2013, 04:29:19 PM »

Please, the IRS probs wouldn't exist anymore.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »

Please, the IRS probs wouldn't exist anymore.

:dance:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »
I want to meet a medieval history major grad.  I'd party with them

i minored.  buttonwillow awaits.

Bakersfield airport Blimpies pak?! 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
Didn't Wefald have a degree in something like Feudal Japanese History?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »

Who could forget about this one?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/28/opinion/obeidallah-brownback-tweet-apology

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »
When I toured K-State as a hs senior i met with Weefer and he made me read his ~30ish page paper over Custer's Last Stand.

I was a history major fwiw.  Probably would have been better served with a hard science degree, but majoring in history (and posting on gE) helped me get used to writing, which has served me well so far.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »

LOL, it seems so insignificant now with everything that's happening on the national level.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »
krause had an art degree

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »
When I toured K-State as a hs senior i met with Weefer and he made me read his ~30ish page paper over Custer's Last Stand.

I was a history major fwiw.  Probably would have been better served with a hard science degree, but majoring in history (and posting on gE) helped me get used to writing, which has served me well so far.

I think historians are very valuable to society. Especially you, dlew.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
krause had an art degree

So just what is Krause doing these days?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »

LOL, it seems so insignificant now with everything that's happening on the national level.

It's just incredibly petty. Paying people to troll social media and then go after kids who talk smack on you is a waste of taxpayer money, and it's just ridiculous that Brownback has people who do that while he makes cuts to other more valuable programs.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »

LoL.  Is this more liberal arts butthurt or so you have a reason?  We could start by noting the building was built with private donations.

What building? I don't know about "butthurt", seems like these are pretty worthless departments that could save some money.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »

What building? I don't know about "butthurt", seems like these are pretty worthless departments that could save some money.

what trade-school major did you get? arch/eng/elec?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2013, 12:38:22 AM »

It's just incredibly petty. Paying people to troll social media and then go after kids who talk smack on you is a waste of taxpayer money, and it's just ridiculous that Brownback has people who do that while he makes cuts to other more valuable programs.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that.