Author Topic: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas  (Read 64496 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/21/aclu-to-kansas-school-district-cancel-creationist-assemblies-about-dinosaurs/

here's Dr. Sharp lecturing about the relationship between dinosaurs and the body of christ, as well as the hostile beliefs that the social liberals are forcing upon the sons/daughters of christ.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpl2ziGQwU

My father always said that life would be boring without idiots.

I cling to that.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 08:46:09 AM »
Noah was so smart to baby dinosaurs on the arc instead of full grown ones.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
Well, I think we can expect the state to pass a law next year mandating creationism being taught in all Kansas schools.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
I can see how the pass through model of business can be an incentive to some, but I don't think they should pay nothing.. At least give them .5% or something. They should contribute like the rest of us.

The money will either go back into the business to expand or be taxed as income by someone.

Kind of like how every dollar paid out in the form of unemployment or welfare goes back into the economy immediately to be taxed on purchases/income tax...

Except SOME of this money will find its way into off shore tax shelters, since it is clearly not as essential to survival as the two examples I stated above.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
I can see how the pass through model of business can be an incentive to some, but I don't think they should pay nothing.. At least give them .5% or something. They should contribute like the rest of us.

The money will either go back into the business to expand or be taxed as income by someone.

Kind of like how every dollar paid out in the form of unemployment or welfare goes back into the economy immediately to be taxed on purchases/income tax...

Except SOME of this money will find its way into off shore tax shelters, since it is clearly not as essential to survival as the two examples I stated above.

Pulling more money out of the economy in the form of taxes from small business owners will not stimulate the economy. It's been proven over and over.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »
much of that money ends up as bombs and foreign aid and other crap that doesn't help Americans, either.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:58 PM »

Nonsense, everyone knows that every dollar of welfare is spent on black market drugs and funneled to Mexican cartels

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 09:46:28 PM »
The tobacco industry would be mumped without welfare. So would the frozen food industry.

Is this the thread where some occutard said that lower marginal tax rates increased the use of offshore tax shelters?  Just think about how stupid that notion is.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »

Pulling more money out of the economy in the form of taxes from small business owners will not stimulate the economy. It's been proven over and over.

Some tax between 0-1% is not going to hurt it either. 

I'm all for low taxes but businesses large and small should chip in a few bucks for the pavement and utilities that help support it.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2013, 10:27:52 AM »
lower corporate tax, higher personal tax /thread

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
Every time I scan over the thread title, my brain sees Another Round of Applesauce for Kansas.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
lower corporate tax, higher personal tax /thread

Pretty much correct, shifting of taxes between income/sales & use/property tax is a dumb game.  The main idea is to increase your tax base or keep budgets low. Kansas has pretty liberal exemptions for corporations/businesses when it comes to taxes, hence the whole Kansas is open for business thing.   I'm not sure how effective Kansas policies are in bringing in business from other states and if it has actually increased the tax base.  I imagine Manhattan is going to be reaping windfalls from Brownback policies, which is cool. But I never see anything remotely intelligent when talking about brownback or what he is doing. I don't know, I don't live in Kansas,  Perhaps someone could send me some links on things he does that are good/bad?

TIA

Jabeez

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
Every time I scan over the thread title, my brain sees Another Round of Applesauce for Kansas.

:D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
like, what the eff is going on?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/06/4277392/kansas-higher-education-officials.html

for the state economy to grow, we must de-fund higher education. what is so hard to understand?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »
like, what the eff is going on?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/06/4277392/kansas-higher-education-officials.html

for the state economy to grow, we must de-fund higher education. what is so hard to understand?

the de-funding higher education part

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »
budget cuts boo hoo

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »
My favorite part was:

"Both K-State and KU students are paying more to fund higher education than the state of Kansas, which is not fair," said Regent Dan Lykins of Topeka.

Are you seriously telling me that college students have to pay for a bigger share of their education than the taxpayers at large? Are you rough ridin' kidding me?! What kind of society are we living in? :runaway:

I also liked:

"It's never good public policy to cut higher education," Logan said.

Did you here that GOP? NEVER.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
My favorite part was:

"Both K-State and KU students are paying more to fund higher education than the state of Kansas, which is not fair," said Regent Dan Lykins of Topeka.

Are you seriously telling me that college students have to pay for a bigger share of their education than the taxpayers at large? Are you rough ridin' kidding me?! What kind of society are we living in? :runaway:

I also liked:

heh

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
AAU membership and 2025 top 50 talk should continue to be laughed at.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »
My favorite part was:

I also liked:

Yeah, I mean how is it good for the taxpaying base at large to support people getting college educations? :lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »
If we got rid of worthless degrees then people could get an education that they can actually do something with, get a good job, pay taxes, and fund more worthwhile degrees.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
AAU membership and 2025 top 50 talk should continue to be laughed at.

yeah, expect the animal to resign soon after we start to see the effects of these cuts. the state of kansas does not deserve him.

wish brownback wasnt such a god damn boner.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »

heh

heh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »
My favorite part was:

I also liked:

Yeah, I mean how is it good for the taxpaying base at large to support people getting college educations? :lol:

Yes, totally agree. If taxpayers would foot more of the bill, we could send way more kids to college. That's the problem with this economy, not enough college graduates. Especially not enough liberal arts degrees.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.