Author Topic: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas  (Read 64490 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:45 PM »
I'd be willing to listen to a tenable argument as to how reducing the highest marginal tax rate has directly 1)adversely affected domestic manufacturing, or 2) caused the increased the use of offshore tax shelters.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
The same paper that did the poll that said SB approval rating was 37% is the same that published the income tax reduction was going to cause a billion plus dollar deficit.  Both stats are horrificly inaccurate.  Whether you like him or not, he will win in a landslide and the state with have a surplus.  Liberals will continue to do petty and moronic things like publish the Obituary for the State of Kansas and further diminish their already trite and existence in this state.

The poll wasn't conducted by a newspaper. It was done by Public Policy Polling, based out of North Carolina. I believe it. Brownback is really unpopular. He will still win, though, because he's not unpopular enough to lose to a democrat.

You know why you shouldn't? That poll is beyond stale and has been conducted who knows how many times since, yet the same brownback heaters keep citing it.

I think February 26, 2013 is pretty fresh, given that this is not an election year.

http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/capitol-report/2013/feb/26/poll-shows-low-approval-rate-for-brownba/

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »
The same paper that did the poll that said SB approval rating was 37% is the same that published the income tax reduction was going to cause a billion plus dollar deficit.  Both stats are horrificly inaccurate.  Whether you like him or not, he will win in a landslide and the state with have a surplus.  Liberals will continue to do petty and moronic things like publish the Obituary for the State of Kansas and further diminish their already trite and existence in this state.

The poll wasn't conducted by a newspaper. It was done by Public Policy Polling, based out of North Carolina. I believe it. Brownback is really unpopular. He will still win, though, because he's not unpopular enough to lose to a democrat.

You know why you shouldn't? That poll is beyond stale and has been conducted who knows how many times since, yet the same brownback heaters keep citing it.

I think February 26, 2013 is pretty fresh, given that this is not an election year.

http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/capitol-report/2013/feb/26/poll-shows-low-approval-rate-for-brownba/

The LJW is the paper I was talking about (and its a rough ridin' joke) and they've run that poll in about a million articles.  If you think that 2 months old is fresh or that the poll is anything but an outlier you're either Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) or have never been to Kansas.

For God sakes, it says more people oppose lower income taxes than approve of it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »

The LJW is the paper I was talking about (and its a rough ridin' joke) and they've run that poll in about a million articles.  If you think that 2 months old is fresh or that the poll is anything but an outlier you're either Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) or have never been to Kansas.

For God sakes, it says more people oppose lower income taxes than approve of it.

It actually says that more people oppose zero income taxes than approve of it.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 12:25:35 AM »

It says 48% oppose no state income tax, which I imagine pretty closely reflects the percentage of people that receive a check as opposed to write a check come April 15th each year.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »
bwwahhhahahahahahaah

Yeah it is possible he could end in a surplus.  When you slash and burn vital government services its pretty easy to get a positive cash flow.  I just want to thank you rough ridin' idiots for attempting to turn Kansas into Somalia.  I mean who needs a functioning government that doesn't violate the laws and constitution of the state at every turn, rough ridin' pussies thats who.   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:57:30 AM by ednksu »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 08:36:45 AM »

It says 48% oppose no state income tax, which I imagine pretty closely reflects the percentage of people that receive a check as opposed to write a check come April 15th each year.

I think that number is probably closer to 90% than 48%. Most people overpay and get refunds.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
bwwahhhahahahahahaah

Yeah it is possible he could end in a surplus.  When you slash and burn vital government services its pretty easy to get a positive cash flow.  I just want to thank you rough ridin' idiots for attempting to turn Kansas into Somalia.  I mean who needs a functioning government that doesn't violate the laws and constitution of the state at every turn, rough ridin' pussies thats who.

Just when we've began to recover from the sequester carnage, Kansas comes in and guts vital government services.  We're all going to starve again.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
Brownback decides to come back out for an encore:

http://www.wibw.com/home/localnews/headlines/Gov-signs-Kansas-drug-test-law-for-aid-recipients-203225731.html#disqus_thread

A new law signed by Gov. Sam Brownback requires a Kansas welfare agency to test residents seeking cash assistance if there is a reasonable suspicion they are using drugs.

Hmmm, wonder what that reasonable suspicion might be??

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »
Brownback decides to come back out for an encore:

http://www.wibw.com/home/localnews/headlines/Gov-signs-Kansas-drug-test-law-for-aid-recipients-203225731.html#disqus_thread

A new law signed by Gov. Sam Brownback requires a Kansas welfare agency to test residents seeking cash assistance if there is a reasonable suspicion they are using drugs.

Hmmm, wonder what that reasonable suspicion might be??

Not to get all tea-party tard here, but this is one of the things that causes an outrage that I truly don't get. I don't understand why drug testing for welfare recipients is so outlandishly offensive and unconstitutional. I understand that most people posting the "I have to take a drug test so that I can pay for YOUR living" bullshit all over facebook think that anyone on welfare is black and addicted to the crackpipe, but it seems like a reasonable thing to require that someone getting welfare payments is clean, or at least getting help.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 04:56:52 PM »
My only concern is that "reasonable suspicion" is not defined.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »

Yeah, if they keep it vague like that then I agree that it's bullshit.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »

Another concern is that when this was tried in Florida the vast majority were clean and the state ended up losing more money from the drug tests than they saved by outing junkies.  According to this article, only 108 of the 4,086 who were tested failed.  That's 2.6%.  Florida lost nearly $46K on the deal.  It's a non-issue that causes people to get hot under the collar and share stupid crap on Facebook.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20130326-editorial-no-drug-tests-for-welfare-texas-should-heed-floridas-lesson.ece

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »

Another concern is that when this was tried in Florida the vast majority were clean and the state ended up losing more money from the drug tests than they saved by outing junkies.  According to this article, only 108 of the 4,086 who were tested failed.  That's 2.6%.  Florida lost nearly $46K on the deal.  It's a non-issue that causes people to get hot under the collar and share stupid crap on Facebook.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20130326-editorial-no-drug-tests-for-welfare-texas-should-heed-floridas-lesson.ece

That's fair.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:59 PM »

This law would actually put offenders into programs to get help while they continue to get their welfare money. They would only lose their money on the second failed drug test. It's really a surprisingly progressive program, considering it's Kansas, but I don't understand how we are going to fund it while continuing to cut tax revenue. It's going to be pretty expensive, despite profiling welfare applicants to minimize negative results.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »

This law would actually put offenders into programs to get help while they continue to get their welfare money. They would only lose their money on the second failed drug test. It's really a surprisingly progressive program, considering it's Kansas, but I don't understand how we are going to fund it while continuing to cut tax revenue. It's going to be pretty expensive, despite profiling welfare applicants to minimize negative results.

I'm all for it but would like to see it extended to contractors and subsidy recipients.

If the CEO of Kancare is hitting the pipe and scraping millions off the top of his contract for himself then I want him in rehab or his contract revoked. 

Fair is fair.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »

How many got clean so they could get their welfare checks?  More than one person I bet.  Would also rather have that $46k going to testing facilities who employ tax paying Americans than to foreign drug lords.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
untuck manhattan

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 02:24:17 PM »
In other news...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/jim-gile-kansas_n_3045720.html

I wonder how many flaming bigots don't believe they are bigots. I bet it's a huge percentage.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 02:30:13 PM »
still my favorite part

"I am not a prejudiced person," Gile told the Salina Journal. "I have built Habitat homes for colored people."

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »
still my favorite part

"I am not a prejudiced person," Gile told the Salina Journal. "I have built Habitat homes for colored people."

My favorite part was when he was like "Oh no sorry I mean to say Afro-Americanized" like that was way better than n-rigging.
:dance:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »
I bet this is more awkward for his black friend who he considers his sister than it is anybody else.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »
In other news...

I wonder how many flaming bigots don't believe they are bigots. I bet it's a huge percentage.

As a recovering bigot myself, I will say that it is probably most of the population in one way or another...
untuck manhattan

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »
In other news...

It's a huge percentage -
The Boston police officer who sent a mass e-mail in which he compared Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. to a "banana-eating jungle monkey" has apologized, saying he's not a racist. ...

"I would like to take this opportunity to offer fellow police officers, soldiers and citizens my sincerest apology over the controversial e-mail I authored," Barrett said on CNN. "I am not a racist. I did not intend any racial bigotry, harm or prejudice in my words. I sincerely apologize that these words have been received as such. I truly apologize to all."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/30/gates.police.apology/

"Guys, I just compared a distinguished professor at Harvard to a gorilla because they were both black. But I'm not racist!"

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/21/aclu-to-kansas-school-district-cancel-creationist-assemblies-about-dinosaurs/

here's Dr. Sharp lecturing about the relationship between dinosaurs and the body of christ, as well as the hostile beliefs that the social liberals are forcing upon the sons/daughters of christ.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpl2ziGQwU