Author Topic: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas  (Read 65301 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
PPP is a left leaning pollster. Not sure how you guys don't know this. That being said, Brownback isn't winning this round by 30 points like he did last last time. Probably more like 10 or 15.

The only things that have directly caused more poverty than social engineering are street drugs and Barack Obama. The unintended consequences of social engineering invariably outweigh the benefits by a substantial margin.  Most recent examples include the mortgage crisis and crushing student loan debt.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2014, 11:06:52 PM »
Both sides need to just knock off all the social engineering BS and work on the economy. Everything else will fall into place.
Both sides need to just knock off all the social engineering BS and work on the economy. Everything else will fall into place.

Typical neocon, "who cares about civil rights? Just give me more money!"

Who gets hurt the most by a crap economy?

The issue is that they haven't benefitted during a good economy, either. Looking at data now even during the several year "rebound" its apparent that the gains are still not returning to the middle and lower income classes that lost so much. Hence the argument for wage increases.

:lol: Quite a "rebound" we're having! Guys, this Moscow guy is onto something. The poor can't get ahead even in this roaring recovery, so we really ought to hike the minimum wage and raise taxes or take on more debt to redistribute more money to them. The economy is fine - we've got to address inequality!

You obviously didn't see the part where I put "rebound" in quotations. Rebound or not though, the fact remains that the 1% have captured 95% of the income gains that have materialized.  There is something structurally wrong. If you don't have an issue with that or would rather quibble over your own misinterpretations that's your thing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:28:28 PM by Paul Moscow »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »
PPP is a left leaning pollster. Not sure how you guys don't know this. That being said, Brownback isn't winning this round by 30 points like he did last last time. Probably more like 10 or 15.

The only things that have directly caused more poverty than social engineering are street drugs and Barack Obama. The unintended consequences of social engineering invariably outweigh the benefits by a substantial margin.  Most recent examples include the mortgage crisis and crushing student loan debt.

The press release did seem left-leaning, but I don't think the questions asked should have skewed the results.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
The income inequality people come off as really rough ridin' crazy. Very dogmatic in a reli-jelly way.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
PPP is a Democrat pollster, that aren't trying to hide that. It's how the identify themselves.

They had b.o. winning the general election by 10 points

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2014, 10:27:08 PM »
 :clap: 4 kansas

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/13/4888197/kansas-house-committee-advances.html

Bill will require that parents Opt-in for their kids to receive sex ed in school.

This should create some interesting teen pregnancy stats if it passes.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »
some districts already do that.

Not opt out but opt in.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2014, 09:34:14 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/13/4888197/kansas-house-committee-advances.html

Bill will require that parents Opt-in for their kids to receive sex ed in school.

ben ji's sex ed from his dad was "Dont knock anyone up and to wear TWO condoms to be safe"(actual sex ed in schools told me this was a bad idea)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2014, 10:05:37 AM »

ben ji's sex ed from his dad was "Dont knock anyone up and to wear TWO condoms to be safe"(actual sex ed in schools told me this was a bad idea)

yeah, imo, the kids def need it from a source that won't be awkward and will fully inform them.  This is a tough one for me.  I mean, an uninformed kid could really make life tough without the right info but kids are still minors and parents def have rights.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »

ha, mine was "do what you want, just don't make me a grandma".  now she asks me all the time "when are you going to make me a grandma?"  confusing messages if you ask me.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »

yeah, imo, the kids def need it from a source that won't be awkward and will fully inform them.  This is a tough one for me.  I mean, an uninformed kid could really make life tough without the right info but kids are still minors and parents def have rights.

I agree that the parents have rights and should be able to opt out.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »

denied. lots of parents are dumb and their dumb kids being dumb and having more dumb kids hurts society.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »
Parents have rights but certain lines need to be drawn at the health of their child.  I don't know where I would draw it in regards to sex ed.  Kids need to know of risks but I would be ok with parents having a say in prevention methods.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

denied. lots of parents are dumb and their dumb kids being dumb and having more dumb kids hurts society.

Less than 5% of parents opt out.

http://www.siecus.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Feature.showFeature&featureID=2273

Having an "opt out" policy that allows parents some control over some of the things their kids are taught in school is just fine. An opt-in policy is a bad idea, though. Something tells me that less than 50% of parents would opt in.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »

I can only assume that you would be ok with licensing and regulating those who can and can't have kids, then sterilize those that don't pass the test.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »
yeah, parents should be able to opt out of math or typing also

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
yeah, parents should be able to opt out of math or typing also

They can and do. Many parents choose to home school.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »

Having an "opt out" policy that allows parents some control over some of the things their kids are taught in school is just fine. An opt-in policy is a bad idea, though. Something tells me that less than 50% of parents would opt in.

Um, did you read your own link? Parents do have control, they can opt-out at the time that sex-ed classes are happening. When I was in elementary school this was the case, and I remember one girl in the whole class that went to watch beauty and beast or something while everyone else was learning about why they were getting BFNARs.  I don't see what the problem is. Seriously, what is it? Are you of the belief that sex-ed is useless?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »

Um, did you read your own link? Parents do have control, they can opt-out at the time that sex-ed classes are happening. When I was in elementary school this was the case, and I remember one girl in the whole class that went to watch beauty and beast or something while everyone else was learning about why they were getting BFNARs.  I don't see what the problem is. Seriously, what is it? Are you of the belief that sex-ed is useless?

That isn't what I'm saying at all. I think every kid should go to sex ed, but if their parents don't want them there, having the opportunity to opt out is just fine. It's not like very many parents actually opt out. Asking parents to opt in would be bad, though.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
yup, if you don't want your kids to be educated, that's your right as a parent.  children are property of their parents after all, and they can do with them whatever they see fit.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2014, 03:20:33 PM »

That isn't what I'm saying at all. I think every kid should go to sex ed, but if their parents don't want them there, having the opportunity to opt out is just fine. It's not like very many parents actually opt out. Asking parents to opt in would be bad, though.

Ah yes, agreed. Having opt-in sex-ed would create the illusion that the effectiveness of sex-education is neutral or undecided rather than the vital component of adolescence that everyone knows it is. Over time, we would forget that sex education was ever part of a core curriculum and would become something akin to signing your kid up for Spanish or Band which is what these morons want.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »
I've never understood the problem w/ sex ed.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »

The problem is that its not good enough. But undoubtedly there is that same group of people that want to rehash the (already settled) discussion of whether or not it should exist at all.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »

It's mostly parents that don't trust their kids enough to believe that they will follow the values they have been taught if they are aware of ways to avoid horrible consequences.