Author Topic: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas  (Read 64505 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Another round of applause for Kansas? How about and OVATION
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »
I have no doubt that the author provided a little narrative assistance in turning these people into caricatures, but really, these people are nuts.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »
Finally, Lawrence Democrat John Wilson stands up to offer his own cheeky amendment. If gun-free zones are so dangerous, he argues sarcastically, why not get rid of the metal detectors and guards at the entrances to this very building, which wind up costing Kansas taxpayers upwards of $200,000 annually, and just allow everyone to carry concealed weapons in the state capitol instead?

Howell says that sounds like a great idea to him. The amendment passes overwhelmingly, as does the bill itself.

This is fantastic  :lol:

yes, that one made me lol

also we discussed this all earlier in the KS thread

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »
The only positive for Kansas that I took from that article is that Brownback supports wind energy.   

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2013, 07:58:09 AM »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »
also this brand new jam featuring your local landmarks

couldn't find the  Kansas blumpkins youtube music videos thread

http://youtu.be/9C0JjcWhfOY

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »
Looks like Brownback is still less popular than Obama in Kansas. Is Sam in trouble this November?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_KS_221.pdf

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
Looks like Brownback is still less popular than Obama in Kansas. Is Sam in trouble this November?

Brownback wins the internet polling vs Davis 42-30% but loses the phones 44-40%.  that just doesnt seem right

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »

Brownback wins the internet polling vs Davis 42-30% but loses the phones 44-40%.  that just doesnt seem right

Only 20% of the polling was done on the internet, so the sample size probably isn't quite big enough to draw any conclusions from phone vs online. If you look at the approval ratings, the Brownback approval rating from the online voters was lower than it was with the phone voters, but the disapproval rating was also much lower. There were a large percentage of "not sures".

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2014, 02:19:13 PM »

Smart people don't do phone surveys.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

In honest answer, probably not. This is not a good year for libtards anywhere, let alone Kansas.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »

Smart people don't do phone surveys.

or answer landlines

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »

Only 20% of the polling was done on the internet, so the sample size probably isn't quite big enough to draw any conclusions from phone vs online. If you look at the approval ratings, the Brownback approval rating from the online voters was lower than it was with the phone voters, but the disapproval rating was also much lower. There were a large percentage of "not sures".

just a small sample from the large pool of 693 KS voters surveyed in this poll

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2014, 02:57:38 PM »

A pool of 693 voters giving an approval rating of 33% would have a margin of error of +/- 3.5% in achieving a 95% confidence interval. This means that Brownback very well could be leading among Kansas voters, but the race is most certainly very close at this point in time, and based upon this survey, it is more likely that Brownback is trailing than leading.

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »

A pool of 693 voters giving an approval rating of 33% would have a margin of error of +/- 3.5% in achieving a 95% confidence interval. This means that Brownback very well could be leading among Kansas voters, but the race is most certainly very close at this point in time, and based upon this survey, it is more likely that Brownback is trailing than leading.

i just cant believe 550 people still have landlines

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2014, 03:21:58 PM »

i just cant believe 550 people still have landlines

Most elderly people that I know have them.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

In honest answer, probably not. This is not a good year for libtards anywhere, let alone Kansas.

You realize conservatives have again made Kansas a serious national laughingstock this year, right? And, like, even moderates are getting tired of it?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
Both sides need to just knock off all the social engineering BS and work on the economy. Everything else will fall into place.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2014, 05:19:18 PM »
Both sides need to just knock off all the social engineering BS and work on the economy. Everything else will fall into place.

Typical neocon, "who cares about civil rights? Just give me more money!"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2014, 05:23:23 PM »
social engineering and economy are both very clear objectives and in no way intertwined

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »

Who gets hurt the most by a crap economy?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
social engineering and economy are both very clear objectives and in no way intertwined

Wow, really? All of this talk about everyone paying their fair share and income inequality, raising minimum wages, etc. is totally unaffected by a poor economy? These kinds of issues never come up when the economy is growing at a normal rate. 

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »

The issue is that they haven't benefitted during a good economy, either. Looking at data now even during the several year "rebound" its apparent that the gains are still not returning to the middle and lower income classes that lost so much. Hence the argument for wage increases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »

Wow, really? All of this talk about everyone paying their fair share and income inequality, raising minimum wages, etc. is totally unaffected by a poor economy? These kinds of issues never come up when the economy is growing at a normal rate. 

dude do you read your posts?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »

This is what makes seven one of the best libtards in the pit. Can't tell the difference between someone asking for somebody else's money and someone asking to keep more of their own.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »

The issue is that they haven't benefitted during a good economy, either. Looking at data now even during the several year "rebound" its apparent that the gains are still not returning to the middle and lower income classes that lost so much. Hence the argument for wage increases.

:lol: Quite a "rebound" we're having! Guys, this Moscow guy is onto something. The poor can't get ahead even in this roaring recovery, so we really ought to hike the minimum wage and raise taxes or take on more debt to redistribute more money to them. The economy is fine - we've got to address inequality!