Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 86977 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #675 on: March 28, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 28, 2016, 03:31:03 PM »
i had 2 sisters that did this.  One had a roommate that had to wake up periodically throughout the night to check her basal body temp because for natural family planning reasons.  The other was matched up with a friend of mine from college. 

they both had a 70+ aged couple, who were session leaders, that talked about sex...a lot.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 28, 2016, 03:32:49 PM »
so how did he present this to you, and what was your and mrs wacky's exact reaction?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 28, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »
WTF

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 28, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
We're indifferent about the sil. She means really well, but she's over the top catholic and gets bombed after 2 glasses of wine at family events and then gets super emotional. She's hot, but i'm not sure she's hot enough to put up with that stuff on the reg.

That doesn't exactly sound indifferent.

(unless the hotness factor gets her from problem to indifference)

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 28, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »
i had 2 sisters that did this.  One had a roommate that had to wake up periodically throughout the night to check her basal body temp because for natural family planning reasons.  The other was matched up with a friend of mine from college. 

they both had a 70+ aged couple, who were session leaders, that talked about sex...a lot.

yep, I had that couple, the big takeaway was whenever you get into a fight, and can't work through it, you are both supposed to take your clothes off, at least that's what the old couple said.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 28, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
so how did he present this to you, and what was your and mrs wacky's exact reaction?
Yesterday at easter, they said: "Come here guys. We have a surprise for you. We wanted to give you your wedding present early". So I was like: "Cool!" We open this big bag and it's two huge picture frames with the initial F on them. I'm thinking, damn, that's pretty cool. Go Fanning! Then he said: "Read the card". So we read it and it took me awhile to see wtf I was reading and then I came a crossed it on the last paragraph. I was like "Oh, this sounds cool. Thank you so much." Thinking the whole time in my head :"FUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!". Ms Wacky was like: "Neat. So how does this even work?" He was very vague with his answer and said that they did it before their wedding and it was the best thing ever for them. Right when we left, we got in the car and literally said "eff! This is exactly why we didn't want the wedding in the catholic church. We don't wanna do classes and we don't want it over the top religious".  :curse:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:42:14 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 28, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »
We're indifferent about the sil. She means really well, but she's over the top catholic and gets bombed after 2 glasses of wine at family events and then gets super emotional. She's hot, but i'm not sure she's hot enough to put up with that stuff on the reg.

That doesn't exactly sound indifferent.

(unless the hotness factor gets her from problem to indifference)
Yeah, I mean, we have some stuff in common. We lean on each other a lot at family events. We both started dating into the family around the same time and she's a nurse and has really bad anxiety like me, so she talks to me about best practices for it. So I definitely don't hate her, but she can be a lot to handle at times.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 28, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
that's their wedding present?  eff this guy

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 28, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »
I'm sure he'll have something else, but who knows.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 28, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »

Wait? Why was the lady doing "natural family planning" before her Catholic wedding?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 28, 2016, 03:48:35 PM »

Wait? Why was the lady doing "natural family planning" before her Catholic wedding?

yeah, they probably wanted to be ready for the wedding night. (:crossfingers:!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 28, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
If mrs fanning doesn't want to go, either, then just don't go. How hard is that, fanman? Sheesh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 28, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
yeah. In all honesty it's probably a good idea to go but you need to eloquently tell your in-laws to get mumped if you don't want to go.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 28, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »
I mean, I wonder how much they spent on this stuff. We don't want to be rude. They'll ask us all about it and i'll have like no feedback. You guys are right tho.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 28, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »

yeah, they probably wanted to be ready for the wedding night. (:crossfingers:!)
something like this...making sure she knew her 'calendar.'  My sister didn't get clarification.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »
I mean, I wonder how much they spent on this stuff. We don't want to be rude. They'll ask us all about it and i'll have like no feedback. You guys are right tho.

In Wichita, it's $225 per couple per weekend

http://catholicdioceseofwichita.org/marriage/marriage-preparation/engaged-encounter

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
Interesting.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »

If you let her brother run your life before you get married, then you're screwed.

Man up and tell him you don't believe in Jesus.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 28, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
It would be good for you for some of the reasons already mentioned. But your bil is kind of a dick for doing this without prior consent. Rape?

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 28, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

who cares, you shouldn't plan a weekend for someone (Friday 5pm - Sunday 6 pm) without asking the people going if they would want to do that.  and if I remember correctly (been like 8 years ago), it wasn't that expensive.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 28, 2016, 04:01:03 PM »
Looks like rooms of 4 tiny beds.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 28, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »
At this point, you have to go and live tweet this thing

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 28, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
Wacky, when you do the thing I said about getting the credit, make sure to tell B-I-L that it was ok but not something you would want to do again....that way they don't try to buy you a 1st anniversary gift like you are going to get them.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 28, 2016, 04:07:15 PM »
I just asked my buddy if that's the same place he had to go to and he said yes. Then I told him who bought it for us and he goes: "eff him. Seriously tho fanning, eff him!!!"  :lol: