Author Topic: The Future  (Read 58511 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Future
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2013, 12:04:14 PM »
Teleportation rendering airline miles useless.  You want to go somewhere, just go. Don't worry about a hotel either, just come back when you are ready to sack out.

eff sd don't read that bro

Rental cars will be useless too.  You want a starbucks?  Just teleport there and get one.  Also, franchise chains will be useless.  You want a Starbucks? Just teleport to Seattle and get it.    Maybe the drive through window version of the teleport will happen too?  Like, you call Seattle and then they teleport you a coffee to your countertop?  Boom.

Guys, this has promise.  Everyone should put their money in teleport stocks.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
I'm going to be too lazy to teleport to the coffee shop. Any chance they can teleport the coffee right to my desk?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
I'm going to be too lazy to teleport to the coffee shop. Any chance they can teleport the coffee right to my desk?

Evidently you need a teleporter to teleport words directly to your brain.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »

to be honest I used my future time machine to read your post before you had written that sentence. I see now the dangers of such power

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2013, 12:21:36 PM »

Now we're talking!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »
Teleportation rendering airline miles useless.  You want to go somewhere, just go. Don't worry about a hotel either, just come back when you are ready to sack out.

Rental cars will be useless too.  You want a starbucks?  Just teleport there and get one.  Also, franchise chains will be useless.  You want a Starbucks? Just teleport to Seattle and get it.    Maybe the drive through window version of the teleport will happen too?  Like, you call Seattle and then they teleport you a coffee to your countertop?  Boom.

I need a decision from the future judges... can 3D printers print the coffee? Or food for that matter?

TIA.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »
People are not going to have teleporters in their homes - they are going to be too expensive, at least initially. You will have to go to the teleporter station and pay to use one. Therefore SD will just have to convert from collecting airline miles to teleporter bucks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »

I need a decision from the future judges... can 3D printers print the coffee? Or food for that matter?

TIA.

http://www.psfk.com/2013/04/3d-printed-food.html

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
No one is worried about the apes?   :dubious:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »

TIA.
Technically, you could print it.  However, it would immediately spill all over and ruin your Clams Mart printer causing you to print another one with your back up Clams Mart printer-printed printer.

Or, you could just teleport to Clams Mart and buy a new one. 

Grumblings that it will be quite some time before Clams Printer Emporium fixes that design flaw.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
No one is worried about the apes?   :dubious:

I don't plan on printing any, so no. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
People are not going to have teleporters in their homes - they are going to be too expensive, at least initially. You will have to go to the teleporter station and pay to use one. Therefore SD will just have to convert from collecting airline miles to teleporter bucks.

Why, when he could just print a teleporter?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »

Yeah, teleportation is for suckers. You die when you enter, and some clone of you comes out the other side. I don't understand why anybody would do that. I mean, I could care less if there is some clone of me out there when I'm dead.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2013, 02:08:50 PM »

Yeah, teleportation is for suckers. You die when you enter, and some clone of you comes out the other side. I don't understand why anybody would do that. I mean, I could care less if there is some clone of me out there when I'm dead.

Your clone would be so confused like wtf did I just teleport for I don't remember oh well I'll just go home and then the new clone would be confused why it is in a strange persons home...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »

Pro Tip: that is propaganda being spread by airlines and the hotel lobby.  completely untrue.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »

Your clone would be so confused like wtf did I just teleport for I don't remember oh well I'll just go home and then the new clone would be confused why it is in a strange persons home...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, your brain would be reconstructed and have all of your memories. As far as your clone knows, he's you and just successfully teleported. Little does he know that the next time he walks into a teleportation device, everything is going to go black and he will cease to exist. Only some clone of him will live on.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »

No, your brain would be reconstructed and have all of your memories. As far as your clone knows, he's you and just successfully teleported. Little does he know that the next time he walks into a teleportation device, everything is going to go black and he will cease to exist. Only some clone of him will live on.

Nope, the new clone will be totally confused and itll be hilarious

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:55 PM »
May be a bad idea then.  I mean, how many homeless underground tunnel cities can there be in the nation?  Gotta think that the room will fill up quick with all the clones being created at Starbucks.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »
Nuts Kicked has obviously seen The Prestige.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »
May be a bad idea then.  I mean, how many homeless underground tunnel cities can there be in the nation?  Gotta think that the room will fill up quick with all the clones being created at Starbucks.

The original body that walks into the teleporter is vaporized, and the device vacuums his/her ashes out so nobody realizes what just happened. It's not like these devices are just creating extra people. One man enters, one man exits.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »
Nuts Kicked has obviously seen The Prestige.

Yep. The Fly also applies, imo. Think about it. If Jeff Goldblum simply teleported from one chamber to the other, he wouldn't have had his DNA combined with that fly's. The chamber just vaporized him and that fly (they both died instantly) and created an entirely new being on the other side that just happened to share Goldblum's memories.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:53:16 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
So after you teleport a few times your brain is going to be total mush (well actually your clone's clone's clone's brain). That's already been documented in Muliplicity.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
Movies aren't real, people. Teleportation could happen and it could be glorious.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »
So after you teleport a few times your brain is going to be total mush (well actually your clone's clone's clone's brain). That's already been documented in Muliplicity.

Multiplicity was a movie about experimental cloning technology, though. It's hard to say how long it will take us to perfect the process, but I'm confident that we will eventually get it down to where that no longer happens. There is just too much on the line for us not to.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
Movies aren't real, people. Teleportation could happen and it could be glorious.
Movies aside, how could teleportation work without completely vaporizing your very being and then rebuilding you on the other side? How do you not effectively die during that process, and how do you know that it would be you that comes out the other side and not something that really is nothing more than your rebuilt cells?