Author Topic: Overrated Things Thread  (Read 16543 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Overrated Things Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 06:42:13 PM »
Give me Deftones and Alice in Chains over Nirvana any day

speaking of overrated.....

Don't you dare go there.....

Offline POD Lasalle Edition

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • the poster formerly known as pig of destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

Be quiet and drive, hole in the earth, passenger(ft. maynard james), change, my own summer bout the only deftones songs i like. Alice in chains had hole, rooster, heaven beside you, would, man in the box, etc.

Nirvana had: lithium, something in the way, smells like teen spirit, token eastern song, rape me, moist vagina, heart shaped box, plateau, lake of fire, you know you're right, polly, dumb, in the pines, pen cap chew, clean up before she comes, they hung him on the cross, grey goose, ain't it a shame, even in his youth, verse chorus verse, D-7, pennyroyal tea, and im sure i forgot a few,. until you've heard every song i just mentioned then you shouldn't comment. there are atleast 20 nirvana songs that the average person has never heard.
your mother is so fat, the recursive function computing her mass still hasn't returned.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Overrated Things Thread
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 07:09:55 PM »

Be quiet and drive, hole in the earth, passenger(ft. maynard james), change, my own summer bout the only deftones songs i like. Alice in chains had hole, rooster, heaven beside you, would, man in the box, etc.

Nirvana had: lithium, something in the way, smells like teen spirit, token eastern song, rape me, moist vagina, heart shaped box, plateau, lake of fire, you know you're right, polly, dumb, in the pines, pen cap chew, clean up before she comes, they hung him on the cross, grey goose, ain't it a shame, even in his youth, verse chorus verse, D-7, pennyroyal tea, and im sure i forgot a few,. until you've heard every song i just mentioned then you shouldn't comment. there are atleast 20 nirvana songs that the average person has never heard.

Not criticizing, but at least a few of those songs are covers
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »

Also, a similar argument would destroy OP's stupid rough ridin' opinion on The Beatles. My god.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »

true but they are still good songs(in my opinion)
also beatles are overrated but still good.
your mother is so fat, the recursive function computing her mass still hasn't returned.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Overrated Things Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »

"School" is great, so is "Love Buzz"

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Overrated Things Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »

"School" is great, so is "Love Buzz"

Damn, can't believe i left off Love buzz. that just goes to show how many great songs nirvana has. have you heard anything off of their E.P.s/With the lights out box set?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
Jake, I disagree as well. I find Corgan's voice really annoying. Still like SP, but not as much as Nirvana, stories aside.

Fun fact: they were both supporting acts on Red Hot Chili Peppers' Blood Sugar Sex Magik tour in 1991.

fun fact:  courtney love dated billy before kurt and it made backstage stuff kinda awkward!

Nirvana and it's not even close for me though I do like the 'kins.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 08:09:33 PM »
lots of people love Wreck It Ralph but I think it is just ok.  :dunno:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »
Nirvana is the perfect example of how dying, especially suicide, is the best thing that could ever happen to a musician.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »
Nirvana is the perfect example of how dying, especially suicide, is the best thing that could ever happen to a musician.

this is the perfect example why you shouldn't be allowed to speak.

The Big Train

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »

Quit being Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:29 PM »

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
I thought this was going to be a legit overrated thread.

Come on dudes.

The Beatles have some great ones and they really started a movement in rhythms and lyrics. 
Nirvan showed their talent on unplugged.
Chains are groovy. 

To each his own I guess.

The Big Train

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »
Kelly Stewart Cat's progression as a poster.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »

:thumbs:

To everyone else, you all know that Kurt Cobain died in his prime, therefore you are all biased. I'm talking about getting a group of people and not even telling them the band's name, story, or anything. Just letting them choose which is best based on music.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »

:thumbs:

To everyone else, you all know that Kurt Cobain died in his prime, therefore you are all biased. I'm talking about getting a group of people and not even telling them the band's name, story, or anything. Just letting them choose which is best based on music.

Jakesie60 has never listened to With the lights out or unplugged in new york. you can tell

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 09:20:28 PM »
Johnny Depp. Mumford and Sons. ESPN.

The Big Train

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »

Yes to all of these things, especially the ESPN website and ESPN3.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »

Yes to all of these things, especially the ESPN website and ESPN3.

also agree