Author Topic: Overrated Things Thread  (Read 16545 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Overrated Things Thread
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
It's rated about as high as it could possibly be rated. If you think maybe it's half a peg below best acting performance of the decade (as michcat clearly does) then it should be considered overrated.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2013, 07:45:53 AM »
It's rated about as high as it could possibly be rated. If you think maybe it's half a peg below best acting performance of the decade (as michcat clearly does) then it should be considered overrated.
I would have no issue with saying the entire movie was overrated.  If you haven't seen A Knight's Tale, catch it the next time its on TBS for 24hrs a day this summer.  Then watch Batman. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »
Yeah, the difference in HL's performance in every other movie he was in vs his performance in Batman is why it is talked about so much(also the fact that he died right before the release).

I really enjoyed it and was really disappointed that he died and wouldn't have a chance to do other things now that he showed he wasn't just some chick flick actor.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:58 AM »
this thread is turning into the things white midwestern people like thread.  JFC people put some thought into your overrated stuff.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 17, 2013, 12:06:47 PM »
I've heard good arguments that his performance in Brokeback Mountain is better than his Dark Knight performance. DDL even said he was inspired by it for his performance in There Will Be Blood.