Author Topic: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)  (Read 179867 times)

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Help Steve Dave Build A House
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »

when is it supposed to be done?  also pics.

Late May'ish. Will get pics this weekend.

highlight the locker room area - maybe have the help stack 30 packs there for a sense of scale?

have fun staying inside the house. they have three kids and bedtime is like 8pm. meanwhile lsoc and i will be doing front yard keg stands til the sun comes up. :lol:

I have at least 1/3 of a cord of bone dry wood for our fire.  Still collecting
I can bring enough to keep the fire going all night. What kind of grass SD?  Trying to figure out if I need a air mattress or if 22 beers will put me to bed.  Yeah your right it doesn't matter, I'll be toast after 18

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 12, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
Have monogram stuff in my rental.  It is way too nice for my tenants.  Wish I could swap it out

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
i'll be sleeping in my special edition cws stretch limo in the driveway.  every morning after a very classy breakfast, my car will whisk me away to the cws stadium. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 14, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
how do I set up my house sound stuff? I am putting speakers in the covered deck and a mount for a tv out there. I'm going to have a sound bar on the family room tv. probably some built in speakers upstairs in a room or two. stuff like that. I want to control it from my iphone if possible. what kind of stuff do I need for all of this? I own no sound equipment other than a sony soundbar and wired sub which are probably on the way out because I don't want to deal with the wired sub part in the family room so I'm starting from scratch. I also know nothing about this stuff. also have a roku I guess but that may not be relevant to this question (though I'd like to be able to get the watch espn from it to the deck on occasion maybe). tia.
are you going to have a dedicated media closet that all the wires for built in speakers are run to?

I would have 3 runs of Cat 5e or 6 run to anyplace you think you might want a tv (kids playroom, exercise room, office etc)

I am interested in what you decide to do for sound.  Most home theater receivers in $500ish range will have iphone control and powered zone 2 that would allow you to listen to Biebs while grilling on the deck while the wife has something else on in the kitchen. 

If you want all the upstairs speakers on the same system you are talking about nonconsumer gear like this http://www.amazon.com/Russound-MCAC3-Source-Zone-Controller/dp/B004CR9N32/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392392911&sr=1-2&keywords=russound+mca-c3 for upwards of $1500.

If you only have 2 zones upstairs (a pair of speakers in the Master bedroom and a pair in the master bath for example) I would buy 2 of AVRs like this http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR626-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B00BLGUKDE/ref=sr_1_12?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1392393289&sr=1-12&keywords=zone+2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 14, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »
how do I set up my house sound stuff? I am putting speakers in the covered deck and a mount for a tv out there. I'm going to have a sound bar on the family room tv. probably some built in speakers upstairs in a room or two. stuff like that. I want to control it from my iphone if possible. what kind of stuff do I need for all of this? I own no sound equipment other than a sony soundbar and wired sub which are probably on the way out because I don't want to deal with the wired sub part in the family room so I'm starting from scratch. I also know nothing about this stuff. also have a roku I guess but that may not be relevant to this question (though I'd like to be able to get the watch espn from it to the deck on occasion maybe). tia.
are you going to have a dedicated media closet that all the wires for built in speakers are run to?

I would have 3 runs of Cat 5e or 6 run to anyplace you think you might want a tv (kids playroom, exercise room, office etc)

I am interested in what you decide to do for sound.  Most home theater receivers in $500ish range will have iphone control and powered zone 2 that would allow you to listen to Biebs while grilling on the deck while the wife has something else on in the kitchen. 

If you want all the upstairs speakers on the same system you are talking about nonconsumer gear like this http://www.amazon.com/Russound-MCAC3-Source-Zone-Controller/dp/B004CR9N32/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392392911&sr=1-2&keywords=russound+mca-c3 for upwards of $1500.

If you only have 2 zones upstairs (a pair of speakers in the Master bedroom and a pair in the master bath for example) I would buy 2 of AVRs like this http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR626-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B00BLGUKDE/ref=sr_1_12?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1392393289&sr=1-12&keywords=zone+2

I have no idea to any of those questions you asked but  :thumbs:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 14, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
i'll be shocked if steve dave actually ends up buying something with more wires than the electrical plugin

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 14, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
i'll be shocked if steve dave actually ends up buying something with more wires than the electrical plugin

this would probably be a good "things that are cutoffs within their respective things"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 14, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
yeah. when we go up for cws there are just going to be fifteen unconnected soundbars.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 20, 2014, 11:56:59 AM »
do you guys know anything about range hood vents? I need a stainless chimney style wall mount one that is quiet.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 20, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »
Steve - why don't you help us build a house for once?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 20, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »
Steve - why don't you help us build a house for once?

because I'm terrible at it

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 20, 2014, 12:31:19 PM »
do you guys know anything about range hood vents? I need a stainless chimney style wall mount one that is quiet.

https://www.thenaturalhome.com/stainlesssteel.htm

got an undercab kobe from here.  weird website, but good price.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 20, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

https://www.thenaturalhome.com/stainlesssteel.htm

got an undercab kobe from here.  weird website, but good price.

thanks sys

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 20, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »
vent size and material is as important to noise level as motor/fan is a tip i have for you

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 20, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
vent size and material is as important to noise level as motor/fan is a tip i have for you

explain

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
you should get a great big plush velvet vent is what he is saying

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 20, 2014, 01:30:55 PM »

explain

like you get the 1500$ super hood that is a stealth jet and your builder installs a 6" duct of this stuff

and you get 130 decibels of turbulent rushing air through your duct that is louder than the cheapest loudest hood you could have bought at woolworth's

just make sure they install a duct that is as bigger or bigger than the hood manufacturer's max recommended size

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 20, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
yeah super plush velvet too

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 20, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »

I have no idea to any of those questions you asked but  :thumbs:

http://www.sonos.com/

Has worked just fine for me.  Works with Spotify too so for $10 a month after setting it up you pretty much get all the music.  Also, the only question I would have to ask is if you have electrical outlets.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 20, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
Also, the only question I would have to ask is if you have electrical outlets.

they're called receptacles

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 20, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
Also, the only question I would have to ask is if you have electrical outlets.

they're called receptacles

what a dumbass :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 20, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »
steve dave you done gone and mumped this one up big time

THE DEATH OF STAINLESS

http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/news/so-long-stainless-whirlpool-introduces-a-new-finish-for-premium-kitchenshtm

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:49 PM »
we saw that ice white stuff and the gunmetal or whatever it is that GE has. pretty cool. they don't make those colors in high end appliances though.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 20, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
yeah i like stainless better anyway. never out of style.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 20, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
we saw that ice white stuff and the gunmetal or whatever it is that GE has. pretty cool. they don't make those colors in high end appliances though.

Bought a black ice toaster a yr ago.  Looks sweet and makes super good toast.