Author Topic: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)  (Read 180966 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Help Steve Dave Build A House
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2014, 02:37:05 PM »
Heh.  ;)

I take it you don't agree? Enlighten us on the quick and dirty set % of keeping a business open...i'm sure i'm not the only one that is curious  :popcorn:
It's a simple number. I'd expect someone with your vast knowledge to know. I'm shocked.

So you don't run the numbers of the business, you just are the installer right?
American dream. I built a business and sold it. On to the next adventure.

That's more of the Israeli dream than the American dream, IMO.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
Heh.  ;)

I take it you don't agree? Enlighten us on the quick and dirty set % of keeping a business open...i'm sure i'm not the only one that is curious  :popcorn:
It's a simple number. I'd expect someone with your vast knowledge to know. I'm shocked.

So you don't run the numbers of the business, you just are the installer right?
American dream. I built a business and sold it. On to the next adventure.

That's more of the Israeli dream than the American dream, IMO.
Perhaps.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 17, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »
why would anybody have a problem with ducts going through bar joists?  :confused:

My thought exactly? Also, you can pass through beams as long as you reinforce the web. There are restrictions though...as there are with anything
Ahh yes.......typical ME thought process:
"I want my ductwork to go here.  Let the SE or GC figure out how to build the building around it and we can just pass any added cost on to the owner."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 17, 2014, 11:02:31 AM »
why would anybody have a problem with ducts going through bar joists?  :confused:

My thought exactly? Also, you can pass through beams as long as you reinforce the web. There are restrictions though...as there are with anything
"I want my ductwork to go here.  Let the SE or GC figure out how to build the building around it and we can just pass any added cost on to the owner."

ooh, we should have a thread devoted to hot topics like this!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 17, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »

i'm an SE and have no problem with ducts going through bar joists. if you want to go through a wide flange or something, go ahead go back to the drawing board tho

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 17, 2014, 11:04:45 AM »

ooh, we should have a thread devoted to hot topics like this!

stop following us around

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 17, 2014, 11:09:55 AM »
haven't read this thread in like 2 months. this thing built yet? cws is coming up soon.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 17, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
haven't read this thread in like 2 months. this thing built yet? cws is coming up soon.

framing on tuesday  :excited:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 17, 2014, 11:34:52 AM »
ok, we're going to pick out appliances (fridge, range, microwave, dishwasher, range hood, under bar drink fridge or kegarator) this weekend because they can't design the cabinets until they have the info on the appliances. ran gas to the range area but we can still get electric if we want. what is worth spending on the money on and what isn't? what brands are good and what suck?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 17, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
ok, we're going to pick out appliances (fridge, range, microwave, dishwasher, range hood, under bar drink fridge or kegarator) this weekend because they can't design the cabinets until they have the info on the appliances. ran gas to the range area but we can still get electric if we want. what is worth spending on the money on and what isn't? what brands are good and what suck?

why on earth would anyone want an electric range

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 17, 2014, 11:39:22 AM »

TTHOTUC dad has an oven that basically has this dividing bar in it so you can use it as a double oven. its pretty nice for when youre cooking big meals like thanksgiving and what not and easier to use than a regular double oven. ill ask him what brand/model it is.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 17, 2014, 11:39:32 AM »

I don't know. focus on the questions fuckface.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 17, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »

TTHOTUC dad has an oven that basically has this dividing bar in it so you can use it as a double oven. its pretty nice for when youre cooking big meals like thanksgiving and what not and easier to use than a regular double oven. ill ask him what brand/model it is.

http://www.sears.com/samsung-30inch-freestanding-electric-range-with-a-dual/p-02260353000P?prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12

stainless steel is just about the only way to go with appliances, imo. only downside is you cant use magnets on the front of your fridge.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 17, 2014, 11:48:53 AM »
What color/finish are you getting? I hear white ice is becoming all the rage
I'm purple down

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 17, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »

I don't know. focus on the questions fuckface.

I was telling you to get a viking range in my own little charming way

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #615 on: January 17, 2014, 11:50:09 AM »
We have an all electric Frigidaire kitchen. Works great for us. Brushed stainless look.

Flat top cook surface on the stove. Sure makes for easy cleaning.  Side by side fridge with ice/water in the door. Over the stove microwave with vented hood. Noisy dishwasher is the only appliance I would change. Should have went higher end there. We purchased them all at Lowe's.

As noted before ITT, we've been here since summer 2006. So, can't complain about no repairs to any appliances to this point.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »
I like our gas Viking range but one thing to remember on most "professional" or "commercial" ranges is they do not have timers/delayed start for the oven, so it is nice to also have an additional wall oven. 

I like our somewhat basic Maytag microwave and single wall oven combo - gives us a kitchen timer and the electric wall oven has the delayed start the Viking doesn't and gets the microwave off the countertop.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 17, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »
I cook a lot.  Getting a Viking is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) unless you are filthy rich and have nothing else to do with $10k.  You can get a really nice gas residential stove that will heat up pretty much any kind of nacho you want for like $1200-$1500. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 17, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
I cook a lot.  Getting a Viking is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) unless you are filthy rich and have nothing else to do with $10k.  You can get a really nice gas residential stove that will heat up pretty much any kind of nacho you want for like $1200-$1500. 

It's a status symbol/big selling point for resale

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 17, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »

No, it's dumb.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 17, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »

No, it's dumb.

that does not contradict what I said, numbnuts.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
i think they're cool, my friend has one.  it's cool. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 17, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
electric stove? WHAT AN IDIOT! (not sarcastic)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #623 on: January 17, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »
Hey dumbass. Some people live in the country in where they don't run natural gas. Feel free to stop being a dumbass.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 17, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »
Hey dumbass. Some people live in the country in where they don't run natural gas. Feel free to stop being a dumbass.

well that's certainly not Omaha you dumbass!  :lol: