Author Topic: Pistol Pete Part 2; Prelude to a Championship?  (Read 10506 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Pistol Pete Part 2; Prelude to a Championship?
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2013, 12:57:56 PM »
Sometimes (though it is rare) I pick us to lose, but I just can't for tomorrow. I think we'll win. Its time for a basketball championship to come back to Manhattan.

no it's not. pokes by 7.

Don't be afraid to love, kougs.  Open your heart.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
OSU is going to drive the lane and draw fouls all day. If Ford is not an idiot, they will do this every possession. K-State refused to quit fouling TCfreakingU in that situation, there's no way Marcus Flop doesn't get a foul called on his defender everytime he attempts the same thing. Gip and JO will each have 2 fouls at the under 12 timeout in the 1st half, and DJamer and Diaz will lead us to a 10+ point deficit by half.

That being said, outside of McGruder, K-State went 2-12 from 3pt range against the Pokes last time. That won't happen again.

No prediction from me, it's a coinflip. We're better than Massey ratings or kenpom indicate, since they factor in the games before the Florida game where we hadn't hit our stride. I'm not even sure we hit our stride then, I think we came around during the 2nd half of the Pokes when Rod finally stepped up. Nervous as hell. I will not be able to enjoy this game even a little bit while it's going on, much like the UT football game this year. Go cats.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »
Ima  :weirdrobert: :comeatme: :pbj: so hard tomorrow.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
JO being in the game 20+ minutes will effect their ability/willingness to attack the lane.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »
KSU road wins:

GW    138
WV    111
OU      22
UT    116
BU      63

OSU has lost twice this year at home:  KU, Zags.

We expecting/hoping for too much?

OK St beat Isu by 2 pts.   They were down by 4 pts with 2:00 left
OK St beat OU In OT.  OK St did not have the lead in the 2nd half (they obviously led in OT)
OK St beat Baylor by in OT by 2 pts.  Baylor had the ball in a tie with a chance to win.  Shot got blocked and Brown got a game winning layup.

Please tell me why Kstate cant go down there and win.   OK ST is not a GREAT home team. They are a good home team

All this tells me is that we're going to have to BLOW THEM OUT to beat them on the road.  They are pretty terrifying in the clutch, much like we were in football.

We were down 1 at WV with 30 seconds left.   Shane hits 2 FTs and blocks potential game winning shot
We were tied at OU with 13 seconds left.   Angel attacks the goal, gets fouled.  Hits 2 FTs and we play good defense on their last poss.
We were tied at Baylor with 36 seconds left.   After missing our first attempt.  We got another attempt and enter OH MY ROD

All 3 of those games were on the road.  We were tied or behind late.  And we won.   We are kinda clutch too
Do i want this game to be tied with 1:00 left?  NO, i would like to be up by 5-6, but i dont feel we have to blow them out to win the freaking game

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2013, 03:53:34 PM »
Sometimes (though it is rare) I pick us to lose, but I just can't for tomorrow. I think we'll win. Its time for a basketball championship to come back to Manhattan.

no it's not. pokes by 7.

Don't be afraid to love, kougs.  Open your heart.

I am going to kougs, gentlemen, I am going to kougs.