Author Topic: Adidas Teams  (Read 57207 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas Teams
« Reply #450 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:21 AM »
Remember folks, we're dealing with someone who first told us that Adidas will "pay" ku nearly $30 million dollars. 

i wonder what type of interest rate they used in the payment calculation

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 10, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »
Remember folks, we're dealing with someone who first told us that Adidas will "pay" ku nearly $30 million dollars. 

i wonder what type of interest rate they used in the payment calculation

PROBABLY A NEGATIVE ONE!  AMIRITE??!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 10, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »

Yeah, I was way off... the new contract is worth $26+ million over 6 years (3rd-best sports apparel contract in the country).

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 10, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »

Yeah, I was way off... the new contract is worth $26+ million over 6 years (3rd-best sports apparel contract in the country).

:facepalm:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 10, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »
No, you implied that Adidas was giving ku nearly $30 million dollars in cash. 

Instead, it was $10 million dollars in cash, and $16 million dollars worth of apparel and equipment likely valued at MSRP.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:02 PM »
Dax just stompin' a mudhole in poor Beems.  Damn.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »

Instead, it was $10 million dollars in cash, and $16 million dollars worth of apparel and equipment likely valued at MSRP.

Nice revisionist history, but I never once implied KU was getting $30 million in cold, hard cash.  Link or GTFO.  Like I've pointed out multiple times in this thread, KU's contract is worth $26+ million over 6 years, good for the 3rd-best sports apparel contract in the country.  I know it kills you, but for once in your life, accept reality.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2013, 07:38:12 PM »

Nice revisionist history, but I never once implied KU was getting $30 million in cold, hard cash.  Link or GTFO.  Like I've pointed out multiple times in this thread, KU's contract is worth $26+ million over 6 years, good for the 3rd-best sports apparel contract in the country.  I know it kills you, but for once in your life, accept reality.
what is the reality? Can you prove that you aren't getting 10mil in cash and 16mil in Zumba shorts?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »

what is the reality? Can you prove that you aren't getting 10mil in cash and 16mil in Zumba shorts?

Reality:

KU's adidas contract = $26+ million over 6 years = 3rd best sports apparel contract in the country

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Adidas Teams
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:57 PM »

Reality:

KU's adidas contract = $26+ million over 6 years = 3rd best sports apparel contract in the country
Third highest in monetary value, maybe.  3rd best? No.  Every Nike school has a better sports apparel contract.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 10, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »

Reality:

a simple "no" would have sufficed

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 10, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
I think we're at the doorstep of another account deletion you guys. tread lightly.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
When I read the words "pay" "paying" "paid" . . . in sentences like "A Company is PAYING B entity X" I think cash transactions, not a percentage of that being cash and the rest being items valued at full MSRP.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2013, 12:32:14 AM »
Didn't I read somewhere awhile back that Nike has started making Nike Schools sign non-disclosures on the value of their contracts.   According to CC or someone, Nike wouldn't allow K-State to disclose the value of the latest contract.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2013, 12:35:35 AM »
Offline captaincrap

Combo-Fan
        View Profile
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Will the Nike deal be reupped?
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »

Quote from: PoetWarrior on March 27, 2012, 05:39:49 PM

In press conference, Currie claimed we have a "long term contract with Nike, an important partner in the basketball world."

Just FYI, K-State did re-sign with Nike this spring. Nike has requested that schools no longer do press releases regarding these deals.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #465 on: June 11, 2013, 12:41:19 AM »
Didn't I read somewhere awhile back that Nike has started making Nike Schools sign non-disclosures on the value of their contracts.   According to CC or someone, Nike wouldn't allow K-State to disclose the value of the latest contract.

I did the escrow for that transaction.  The cash transfer was $26.01 million over 5 years and 364 days, but here's the kicker, kstate gets $135.39 million in apparral (msrp of course) and $789.39 even in posters and Michael Jordan Cologne (salvage value, not original msrp).

Apparently its the 16th best apparel contract in sports.  No rough ridin' clue what beams is talking about with that pud contract being the 3rd best.  Its actually 89th, 20 spots higher than the Ku football program so still a good deal.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
K-State's Nike contract is $12.3 million over 6 years, which is about what KU makes in cash from adidas.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
K-State's Nike contract is $12.3 million over 6 years, which is about what KU makes in cash from adidas.

That's the old contract that expired in 2012.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2013, 11:12:32 AM »

Yep.  Nike is lucky they re upped when they did.  If we had 3MAW already during negotiations, we would have broke them.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:57 AM »
Here's the real question, how much would Adidas have to pay us to get us to wear their stuff? Couple billion at least.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 11, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »
Here's the real question, how much would Adidas have to pay us to get us to wear their stuff? Couple billion at least.

trick question. we would never wear adidas

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 11, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

The new contract might be closer to something like $16 million over 6 years, but I doubt it increased by much more than that.  Nike doesn't pay like adidas does (and rightly so, because even I'll admit, Nike is the superior brand).

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »

The new contract might be closer to something like $16 million over 6 years, but I doubt it increased by much more than that.  Nike doesn't pay like adidas does (and rightly so, because even I'll admit, Nike is the superior brand).

my question is why cant you have awesome uniforms like michigan and nebraska did this year? its really not very fair(and im speaking in money generating sports not hobby sports)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure K-State would turn down the 3rd-best sports apparel contract in the country. 

my question is why cant you have awesome uniforms like michigan and nebraska did this year? its really not very fair(and im speaking in money generating sports not hobby sports)

I actually kinda liked KU's black alternate uni's with the white helmets:

They look like MU and you subconsciously linked that to the oppy to win a game or two.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure K-State would turn down the 3rd-best sports apparel contract in the country. 

I actually kinda liked KU's black alternate uni's with the white helmets:

They look like MU and you subconsciously linked that to the oppy to win a game or two.

The font for "Kansas" though  :barf: the numbers aren't much better
I think this yoman guy is on to something....